Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Motherwell

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive no problem u arguing with me or disagreeing but you don't need the insulting additions ok.

Whoa. When you wrote “formations eh?”, that was a direct reference. You were inviting conflict. In my opinion, you are stubborn, you lack mental agility and you have a pathological need not to be wrong. You didn’t engage in the original debate and went off on one. If you had debated and acknowledged others points of view, you wouldn’t need to keep on harking back to old sores. You resorting to insults or using other diversionary tactics isn’t going to make anyone forget what was posted before. If you don’t want me to challenge you, don’t invite me to, as you clearly did on this thread, like so many others. You’re obsessed.

Whoa. When you wrote “formations eh?”, that was a direct reference. You were inviting conflict. In my opinion, you are stubborn, you lack mental agility and you have a pathological need not to be wrong. You didn’t engage in the original debate and went off on one. If you had debated and acknowledged others points of view, you wouldn’t need to keep on harking back to old sores. You resorting to insults or using other diversionary tactics isn’t going to make anyone forget what was posted before. If you don’t want me to challenge you, don’t invite me to, as you clearly did on this thread, like so many others. You’re obsessed.

You still tapping away.

:rofl:

You still tapping away.

:rofl:

Can you help me here? I didn’t understand the intent of these words of yours?

You wrote them so I presume you know why you did?

Was it an attempt to provoke or a veiled insult? Perhaps it was an expression of regret, since your many calls for my banning have gone unrequited... so far.

What was the point of that post?

A thoroughly miserable 90 minutes from us. Completely bereft of ideas, direction and cohesion.

Not sure why Stewart was dropped after playing well (one of the few) and scoring at Hamilton.  After calling for Tansey to start it was really disappointing to see him put in such an abject performance.  He was slow on the ball, too ponderous, the exact opposite of what we need.

GMS is bringing us absolutely nothing. Had May not been dropped i think GMS would have been on the bench - DM benching both players he paid fees for probably wouldn't have looked too good for him.

I feel for Christie, he has little support. I also feel for Rooney - he's getting nothing to go on at all.

I think a lot of our problems are coming from playing O'Connor in the space in front of the defence - he's not a sharp enough footballer in terms of movement or passing to play that role effectively for any length of time.

We missed Shinnie, obviously, but in a home match against Motherwell - a handy enough side in fairness - we shouldn't be pining for our left back.

The personnel is one thing however, the management of the personnel is another altogether - it looked like the players didn't know what was expected of them, particularly in the second half. Really worrying afternoon on the back of the dire performance at Hamilton. 1 win in 4 isn't good enough.

Diznae half show when we don’t have Shinnie covering up for the Hun bastard.

I just assume these days that McLean is going to do fuck all and then it doesn't annoy me quite as much.  He had some positive moments for us yesterday but really he just doesn't do enough for the type of player HE believes he is.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

A lot of square pegs in round holes in this team at the moment.

Considine - a centre half playing left back

Shinnie - a left back playing centre midfield

O'Connor - centre half playing centre midfield

May - centre forward playing on the wing

Even Stewart and Wright - are they not technically centre forwards but have been playing wide?

The balance of the team is just not right

A lot of square pegs in round holes in this team at the moment.

Considine - a centre half playing left back

Shinnie - a left back playing centre midfield

O'Connor - centre half playing centre midfield

May - centre forward playing on the wing

Even Stewart and Wright - are they not technically centre forwards but have been playing wide?

The balance of the team is just not right

Aye, it's all about centre midfield, and we haven't replaced Jack unfortunately. O'Connor doesn't have the coverage, neither does Tansey and Ball is pap. I don't think it helps that we'd pretty much defined Shinnie as a centre mid at the beginning of the season, but we're now going back on that. It's almost like we didn't address that midfield role because Shinnie was going to be there, but now we've re-defined him (correctly) as a left back, we're way short in midfield. That said, with Shinnie suspended, Logan playing poorly and Considine having to move into the centre for a lot of the game because McKenna was struggling, it was blatantly obvious that we were very short in the fullback area as a squad too. There was a huge number of gaps to be filled in the summer, and it appears our signings aren't going to fill them. Tansey, in my opinion, was never going to take Jack's role. I was very surprised at how much McInnes rated him, especially given his team finished well bottom of the league and he wasn't even a stand out. One of the problems I think we had was just getting numbers in, in time for Europe. GMS being a great example of that. That's meant we had varying needs at different times in the summer and we've ended up getting a lot of pish in to fill those needs just to get us through games (Maynard, Ball, GMS). It didn't pay off as we didn't spend the money to get the one player that would have made a difference (Moult) and so those three guys were just wasted signings.

The question left is - given we have the square pegs situation - which square peg is the least offensive to us in our quest for a settled first 11? To my mind, if Tansey continues to be pap, then the square peg is Shinnie in midfield with Consi at left back. If Tansey can improve then switch him in for Shinnie. If that can get us through until January, then just do it. Dicking about with 3 at the back, or O'Connor so deep that it is effectively 3 at the back, isn't going to work. Revert to the 4-2-3-1 that has served McInnes well and just get our best 11 playing well in that formation.

Don't think Tansey should be judged right now having just returned after surgery. He will need a few games to get up to speed and get his form back.

It's Logan who is really worrying me at the minute. Everyone presumed he was offski at the end of last season, was a huge surprise when he signed the new contract. However all his to-ing and fro-ing to England to see his kids must surely take it's toll. I think a new right back should be our priority in the next window...

That was as poor I have seen us for a long time and the highlights on Sportscene last night flattered us a bit as Motherwell should have probably hit more than 2 and highlights made it look as though we played better than we actually did.

Our outfield players look very unsure of their roles in the team and something just not clicking at the moment. McLean is playing every game and at times doesn't look interested, think it is a bad move having in him the team with him clearly off soon, not exactly going to go into 50/50 challenges with himself in the shop window.

Christie is still head and shoulders about the rest of our current outfield players at the moment and we don't half miss the drive of Shinnie.

I think a bit of clarification of the future of our manager would maybe settle some nerves. If he is not going fine, then come out publicly and state this, but if he is going, then fine, get him out now and concentrate on sourcing his replacement.

It's not about replacing Jack, we've been weaker in midfield since Robson retired and Flood left. Jack never improved after gaining a contract and captaincy, McLean never found consistency, and Storie never kicked on. We peaked about 3 years ago but the goals and assists of Hayes and McGinn have kept us above the rest. We don't pass the ball well at all, no combinations going forward, no link play through our forward. No drive from the center of the park unless it's Shinnie. I think Tansey could be decent but we're an average team, just in a shit league as someone, maybe rocket, posted. Christie was by far the best player on the park but he'll be back at Celtic within a year.

I think GMS could be good wide, and Stewart good in the #10 role but we need two consistently strong center mids driving on the team. Shinnie and Tansey maybe but Shinnie should be left back.