Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs saints

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinnie MOTM, proper Left Back.

Cant really fault anyone today, still not sure about wide areas.

Stewart did ok but very predictable, Rooney and May shared wide left and did well but neither are wide players.

thought the ref was going to book Christie then all of a sudden gave a spot kick, not sure if he knew what was going on at all.

Only ref I have seen walk through a game.

One of the best team performances I have seen us play under McInnes, every player played the role they were given and played it well from start to finish. We looked balanced and creative and played some nice football at times.

Christie is a joy to watch at times, always trying something different.

Shinnie was class at LB and had a very good game

The lad McKenna is a fair size of loon and doesn't take any prisoners, just what we have needed and hopefully he can keep it up. Nice to see us comfortable at the back.

McLean played well, sorry Donsdaft.

Rooney scored a Hat Trick, fair thought it was an O'COnnor header though.

May is superb and a great player, never knew he was so good at taking set pieces. When he took the quick free kick for the first goal I said to my loon it was a waste, but then he got the ball back from McLean and fired in a cross which was bread & butter for Rooney.

There is a player in Stewart, but going to take a little time to adapt to the sort of role he was playing today.

Frank Ross looked impressive when he came on at the end and was very lucky not to score, his shot, which looked like it was in, hit the post and rolled along to the keeper.

3 of our own on the pitch at the end of the match, which was great to see.

A really good day out at Pittodrie today with a large crowd and the sun shining, doesn't get much better than that, well it would have if Hibs could have held on to their lead.

Long may this continue and hopefully we can keep a fairly consistent back four over the coming weeks.

It was very sweet giving St Johnstone a doing today.

Oh, I know we won, but the ref was as bad as I have seen, not sure which game he was at, but wasn't the one I was watching.

Solid performance, nothing great, but very professional job. That's probably our best back 4 although I still think we're better in midfield with Shinnie in there. I've been critical of O'Connor in center mid but in the last 2 games he's been solid in there.

Not over reacting, thought St Johnstone (surprisingly) were terrible which made it much easier for us. Hibs, Celtic, and Rangers will be a tougher test but we seem to have stabled the ship for now.

Really enjoyable 90mns, that we dominated pretty much from 1st mn to last.  No bad performers today, but i thought Shinnie,McKenna & O'Connor were outstanding. Decent enough crowd .  Hardly got a decision from the ref all day, every 50/50 going their way.

Ross & Wright ran them ragged when they came on, deserved a goal when he hit the post. Easily our most complete performance this season & no one deserves to be dropped, May never stops running which i like. 

All in all, good day, which i really enjoyed. :thumbsup:

Convincing win without ever really getting out of first gear. Worrying that we take our foot off the gas after around 30 mins but still a great result. For spells we knocked it around very well indeed.

McKenna and Arnason were solid, must keep their places for a while, Shinnie was excellent at left back, O’Connor solid in midfield too. McLean wasteful in possession but tried more defensively than I’ve seen in a while, needs to cut out the Hollywood balls that rarely work though. In fact his passing in general was dire...

So much for Rooney not contributing either,  :wave: thought he was excellent throughout, need to give him and may a decent run together as there’s the making of a really strong partnership there.

Level on points with Celtic without ever really hitting the standard we seem to be capable of, I’ll take that  :thumbsup:

Convincing win without ever really getting out of first gear. Worrying that we take our foot off the gas after around 30 mins but still a great result. For spells we knocked it around very well indeed.

McKenna and Arnason were solid, must keep their places for a while, Shinnie was excellent at left back, O’Connor solid in midfield too. McLean wasteful in possession but tried more defensively than I’ve seen in a while, needs to cut out the Hollywood balls that rarely work though. In fact his passing in general was dire...

So much for Rooney not contributing either,  :wave: thought he was excellent throughout, need to give him and may a decent run together as there’s the making of a really strong partnership there.

Level on points with Celtic without ever really hitting the standard we seem to be capable of, I’ll take that  :thumbsup:

passing wasn't dire at all, he played well.

passing wasn't dire at all, he played well.

We must have been watching different players, Certainly more active defensively, wouldn’t say he played anything like as well as he can or he has for us. Can’t remember many decent passes during the first half at all, improved in the second but still not to the level he’s clearly capable of. Looks like he needs a rest to rediscover decent form.

We must have been watching different players, thought he really struggled to play a decent pass in the first half, certainly genuinely remember many decent ones.  Certainly more active defensively, wouldn’t say he played anything like as well as he can or he has for us. Can’t remember many decent passes during the first half at all, improved in the second but still not to the level he’s clearly capable of. Looks like he needs a rest to rediscover decent form.

Needs to get back to basics, starting with the bench imo! It seems like he can't even do the simple passes with great conviction at the moment. Talented player, has had his head turned and now needs a kick in the backside.

Looked like a solid, well organised, performance on the highlights. Shinnie looking good.

Can we put the "his legs are gone/past his best/outgrown him etc" shite to bed now that Rooney has scored a hat-trick? Great performance loon, in the right place at the right time again. He's good at this level and will serve us easily for the remainder of his contract

One slight complaint if I may. We went 3-0 with 10 minutes to go. Surely a double sub of Wright and Ross at that time? We had the time it took for the penalty to get them warmed up. Think Ross is going to be a fantastic player from what I've seen of him. A little bit more beef on him from last season too, although a bit to go also. Will be our Christie replacement I reckon, but a slightly different style of player obviously. We need to get all these youngsters on as soon as games are finished off. Make a triple sub if you must get Maynard on, however his minutes should not be a priority (he got on before Ross). Anyway, just a slight criticism on a great day.

We must have been watching different players, Certainly more active defensively, wouldn’t say he played anything like as well as he can or he has for us. Can’t remember many decent passes during the first half at all, improved in the second but still not to the level he’s clearly capable of. Looks like he needs a rest to rediscover decent form.

Why would we be watching different players?

Anyone who thought McLeans passing was dire either has an agenda against the player or wouldn't know a football if it hit them on the head.

McLean played well yesterday, a couple of misplaced passes same as most players.How many players come off the pitch with a 100% pass success?

He was also decent against Motherwell (League) and was one of our better players in a poor performance against Kilmarnock.

For the record I am no big fan of McLean but I cant fault his effort in recent games and if he ends up moving on  he can go fuck himself.

Back to yesterdays game, no failures, good performance against a team that have given us many problems over recent years.  :wave:

Pleasing to give St Js a good hiding for a change  :thumbsup:.We were good,not amazing,but the important thing was the improvement,and a this was a far more cohesive performance.

Wasnt sure about Rooneys inclusion,but a spring heeled performance from him(won most of his headers  :eek:),and showing he still has the knack of being in the right place

Defence was good,O'Connor a wee bit careless at times but think he could grow into that new role.MacLean was good IMO,and I think we'll get more out of Stewart over time too if we give him more game time.May worked his socks off,would like to bring him more into the action higher up the pitch

Only criticism as mentioned,at 3 nil up get a few youngsters on earlier

Why would we be watching different players?

Anyone who thought McLeans passing was dire either has an agenda against the player or wouldn't know a football if it hit them on the head.

McLean played well yesterday, a couple of misplaced passes same as most players.How many players come off the pitch with a 100% pass success?

He was also decent against Motherwell (League) and was one of our better players in a poor performance against Kilmarnock.

For the record I am no big fan of McLean but I cant fault his effort in recent games and if he ends up moving on  he can go fuck himself.

Back to yesterdays game, no failures, good performance against a team that have given us many problems over recent years.  :wave:

Fair enough, to dismiss it as having an agenda or not knowing what I’m talking about  :wave: is a bit pathetic though. Don't mind McLean at all, he’s a talented player and a real asset to the team when he’s playing well, he’s not performed to his potential regularly enough though. I could well be being harsh on his performances yesterday but until I see it again Im sticking to my opinion that he was wasteful with the ball far too often and tried far to many Hollywood or misplaced passes when a simple one would have been the better option. He’s a significantly better player than he showed yesterday and I Wouldn’t expect any of our players to have 100% passing accuracy, that’s just a daft arguement to make, I just think his passing was more wasteful than it should have been.

There were  :wave: positives to his performance, I just don’t think his use of the ball was one of them. Much more effort on the defensive side of things which is good.

But aye you crack on and write it off as an agenda just because it’s a different opinion to yours...  :thumbsup:

There was positives to his performance...

But aye you crack on and write it off as an agenda just because it’s a different opinion to yours...  :thumbsup:

There WERE, not there was.

He didn't "write it off as an agenda". He correctly gave two alternatives. It's pretty obvious that you don't know anything about the game but since that was too close to your bone, you didn't even entertain that option.

There WERE, not there was.

He didn't "write it off as an agenda". He correctly gave two alternatives. It's pretty obvious that you don't know anything about the game but since that was too close to your bone, you didn't even entertain that option.

But he didn't give him 2 alternatives...he gave him an either/or situation...so an alternative.