Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The footballer in the river

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all Shinnies flaws,his will to win is good for the side,something I dont think we have much of.Also think its good to have a senior local loon in the side,....like Robson and Anderson added to the feel good of the '14 side.

Cant see any obvious candidates out there that suit what we need in his place either

T.C  do you think Shinnie would be easily replaced ?  actually think it's looking ominous about both signing a deal, must be a reason they are stalling. :dunno:

I've said it before.....only way i want Shinnie resigned is on the basis that he is told he is playing left back only. Yes he has a fantastic attitude but it cannot be allowed to detract from the fact that as a midfielder he is bang average. Completely one footed, so often tackles with the "wrong" foot which leads to free kicks and unnecessary bookings. Usually has a brain fart when he finds himself in possession up the field, the other night he fucked up in possession with a heavy touch and should have led to an equaliser when Kamberi blootered the ball into orbit rather than squaring to McLaren for what would have been a tap in.

I honestly think Shinnie fancies at change now anyway. We could pay him £7.5k per week making him our highest ever paid player and yet any Championship club could easily double that and the top League 1 clubs would pay £10k plus. I have no inside info, this is just a hunch, but Jack Ross is doing well with Sunderland and will probably  get promoted. He signed a good few Scots pre season including Cwith and McGeouch. I reckon Shinnie will be signing a pre-contract in January with them

• 9 months later...