Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An asute reply Donsdaft, I've just realised the similarity between the drunken smilleee and my current state.

Is he really that bad a manager?

Must be cause of his playing career that I'd think he'd be good, surely he'd be better than Miller, McGhee, Strachan etc?

An asute reply Donsdaft, I've just realised the similarity between the drunken smilleee and my current state.

Is he really that bad a manager?

Must be cause of his playing career that I'd think he'd be good, surely he'd be better than Miller, McGhee, Strachan etc?

his team's are dreadful to watch. Absolutely brutal. While I don't expect the Dons to be playing the silkiest game since Holland in 74, I would rather I didn't feel the need to stick knitting needles in my eyes rather than watch my team.

One month away from Europa League match and less than a week before training regime starts and the club:

Do not know who the manager will be

Lost key player - McGinn

Losing another key player soon - Hayes

This isn't good.  It's quite frankly a mess with no outcomes.  What players must be thinking I do not know.

One month away from Europa League match and less than a week before training regime starts and the club:

Do not know who the manager will be

Lost key player - McGinn

Losing another key player soon - Hayes

This isn't good.  It's quite frankly a mess with no outcomes.  What players must be thinking I do not know.

A week until the players come back, £1.2m in the bank from the manager another £1.2m coming from selling Hayes. A multi-million £££ investment from a new director...

New boss already lined up if old one is pinched, will probably be in place when the players come back from hollybobs.

3 weeks of training to get into the new managers way of playing and a few competitive games in Europe to get right into it before the league kicks off.

Just a guess but I'd think Derek Adams has already been sounded out. Plays in a similar way, will have been scouting players that are at the right level for us to look at and has made no qualms about his want to come back to Scotland to manage if its the right job. Aberdeen are debt free, have a good budget and will have money in the bank to attract the players needed. Only issue is getting 5 or 6 new first team players to actually be able to play together quickly, a couple of easier European ties will help with that.

Its not an ideal situation but its not the shitstorm some are making it out to be.

Fuck

CLUB STATEMENT | Management Team

The club can confirm that early this afternoon Sunderland FC agreed to meet all the contractual obligations for both Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty and they have, reluctantly, been granted permission to speak with both of them about the vacant managerial position at Sunderland.

Adams is a weirdo. Not sure the players will like him. I'd expect better than him. Agreed that we need someone who understands our current playing style and can adopt this but improve on things like substitutions and squad rotation. McInnes was good, but wasn't without his faults. Hopefully we have the backroom staff in place that can talk any new manager through the existing setup and highlight some of the areas for improvement. We don't need wholesale changes like we did when Deek arrived, we just need to build on what's there as well as get a few more players through the door. We need to take a leaf out of the book of St Johnstone or the Tims who don't seem to generally experience a massive raft of changes as they move from manager to manager. Let's get someone that fits our fitba strategy and not the other way round.

If true then surely that constitutes "tapping up"  ???

We have to live in the real world, the real world of communications, instant communications - mobile phone, text, skype, facebook, twitter, landline, hotel phone. You can fly to Florida in 7 hrs?

It was mentioned on 27th May that McInnes was number one target.  It doesn't really matter if has had a chat, interview, meeting or text message exchange with McInnes.  They have been communicating with him for some time.

You can call it tapping up but in real world of football it is how it works.

So whats the betting his first move is to get Shinnie down there ana. Followed closely by Joe as theyve just sold their keeper ( and Id never heard of the fucker till yesterday) for 30 f@ckin million!

Wiggy better have someone lined up who can be in place by this time next week at the absolute latest