Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Next Aberdeen Manager

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

there's not many on that list that fills me full of confidence.

So, I guess we can also look at the likes of Logan bailing as well, I think he was pretty widely quoted as saying that the only reason he stayed on was because of McInnes.

Looking forward to a playoff final next season though, should keep the excitement up.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of that lot, probably Archibald. I'd want to interview Tommy Wright though and give him the chance to convince me that the style of football Saints play is down to budget and he'd know how to play a more expansive game if he came here. He's terrific at putting a highly motivated, one-for-all-and-all-for-one side out on the park, and that goes a long way.

Possibly a recommendation from DM Al? 

I've already stated my position on this.

I would still go for Tommy Wright.  Archibald runs him quite close but I just really like how Wright goes about his business.  I've heard negative comments about his footballing style but when you look at what he's working with you have be a bit pragmatic.  You could argue given greater resource his tactical choices could be quite different, he also has a very good eye for a player which is going to be needed this summer in particular.  Lastly his players show the same unity and respect for their manager as ours do for DM.  He would be a good fit in short.

I would also add that Hughes sounds like an idiot but he really isn't.  He's far cannier than people give him credit for and Inverness were a very good team under him though Latapy was also a pretty big influence around those times. 

His teams are usually well organised and looking to attack whilst keeping the ball on the deck, he's a better manager than a lot of people give him credit for IMO.  Just to be clear I am not in any way advocating him for the job. 

Alex Neil was on sportsound a month ago basically saying his next job would be in England so i think there's little chance of tempting him north.

Also, who the fuck put Billy Davies on that poll?  Ridiculous suggestion, awful human being.

Black isn't the answer, if he was going to be a manager I think he would have done it by now.  Nice and smart is all very good but what we need is smart and experienced hence my advocation of Wright.

Listening to the Sunderland reporter dude on BBC on the way home, it sounds like Sunderland are fucked. Not quite sure what McInnes is thinking if he joins them. They're expecting 25-30M for their 'keeper but none of it being made available to the manager. Sounds like he's on a hiding to nothing there.

If he does go though, fit's the chances he'll take Lewis now that they've ditched their goalie?

I thought the silence meant Deek was going nowhere  :-[ I do hope he doesn't go though, a real basketcase of a club and forget that sleeping giant pish. A big club and a great support but one of many down in England.

Anyway, I like Archibald at Thistle, really rate him, but losing Deek along with half the team needs an experience man to come in and do a job and for me it's Tommy Wright. I don't buy into the shyte posted on here when they beat us that they are a horrible footballing team, granted he signed Foster, but our current manager blotted his copybook with that one also, so wont hold it against him.  I think he has done a superb job in Perth with a pretty low budget and done it consistency and always seems to replace good players reasonably well and gives youth a chance, something our next boss HAS to do, no matter how much of his $800 million fortune Dave Cormack wants to spunk on us.  ;)

ALex Neal also would be a very good shout, but would he see this as a step back bearing in mind he has had EPL experience.

whoever comes in needs time. They also need to be able to rebuild a squad and very quickly.

I know McInnes had his limitations but when we broke with pace and played that ball through the wide players we were awesome to watch.

No matter who we get in, I just don't see us playing that same style of football.

Honestly, I see top 6 as the aim for next season.

for me it's Tommy Wright. I don't buy into the shyte posted on here when they beat us that they are a horrible footballing team

to be honest I don't buy some of the assumptions that he can play anything other than negative shite fitba.

Sunderland made £30m today selling Jordan Pickford to Everton.

They also get £40m+ in parachute payments over next few years despite being relegated.  They will prune squad and try to get back on the cheap.

McInnes will get paid a lot and even if he gets sacked within the next year will get contract paid up.  If truth be told there is not much else he can achieve at Aberdeen aside from win Scottish Cup as League Cup already been done and league is no no.

Still clinging to the hope Mcinnes gets cold feet,but if he goes,McLeish or Black would be a backward appointment IMO.Wright doesnt inspire much,but may improve at a bigger club without the restraints of st J,but worth the risk?

Rather a young manager like Neil or Archibald(as others have said in the 'next Aberdeen manager' thread  :wave:)

McInnes will get paid a lot and even if he gets sacked within the next year will get contract paid up.  If truth be told there is not much else he can achieve at Aberdeen aside from win Scottish Cup as League Cup already been done and league is no no.

McInnes always spoke of leaving a legacy here. One League Cup isn't a legacy. His aim, by his very own comments, was to win a few trophies so there absolutely is a lot more he could achieve at Aberdeen. 

The fact he is jumping before he has achieved that and also jumping as soon as the first big rebuilding job required is very disappointing indeed.

McInnes always spoke of leaving a legacy here. One League Cup isn't a legacy. His aim, by his very own comments, was to win a few trophies so there absolutely is a lot more he could achieve at Aberdeen. 

The fact he is jumping before he has achieved that and also jumping as soon as the first big rebuilding job required is very disappointing indeed.

Agreed,  however a club of Sunderland size doesn't come knocking very often. I can understand it,  despite thinking he's leaving a job before its even half way done. End of the cycle.

End of the cycle.

Not so much the end of the cycle, more like we just parked it up outside the pub and nipped in for a swift half, but when we got out some cunts nicked everything but the back wheel.

Agreed,  however a club of Sunderland size doesn't come knocking very often. I can understand it,  despite thinking he's leaving a job before its even half way done. End of the cycle.

But if he stays to complete the job he said he was here to do, he'd get a far better (in terms of security, set up etc) gig than Sunderland.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here, but the deal isn't done yet, or at least hasn't been rpeorted as being done and dusted.

Got a sneaky feeling that the longer this drags on, the more chance there is that it may not happen and that DM will hang about for another few years :thumbsup: