Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - St. Johnstone (again) - Sat

Having watched the Red TV highlights, i'm not sure how we didn't win that one.  McLean really needs to work on his finishing, the diving header wasn't the right option imo, and even if it was, he really should have got it on target.  The same with his second effort.  The team look jaded and DM has to take the blame for that one.  It is his squad, he has now got the team he wanted and has filled the team with players that he has signed.  No excuses.  we shouldn't be so powderpuff.  Big, big few weeks for him. Our post split form under him has been nigh on pathetic. 19/63 points is it? Not acceptable imo.

I've seen some blame jack for both goals, I'm not sure I actually completely blame him.  I think these are both down to Lewis, especially the first one. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen some blame jack for both goals, I'm not sure I actually completely blame him.  I think these are both down to Lewis, especially the first one.

He could have just nudged the ball out for a corner, or hoofed it.

He then ran out of the wall for no apparent reason and turned his back like a wimp instead of blocking it.

Both have to shoulder the blame, Jack shouldn't be passing it back so close & Lewis should know better than to pick it up. Very amateur

I'm not saying jack wasn't blameless, it was a pathetic situation to create. Not sure what the wall was doing. Very typical of us of late, shite and embarrassing goals to concede.

He thought Jack was shielding the attacker off. Would have been a very strange kick with his hands nearly touching the ground and no backlift.

The run out the wall is inexplicable. It would have just hit him.

"I honestly think the referee was paid off.......he was so blatantly against us".

Any football forum, any Saturday evening the length and breadth of the UK and probably globally there are fans of a football team who lost saying the same thing.

The referee was 'all against us'.

Change record bud.

Are they all playing against a hun team who's vying for 2nd place?

And thats the first team ive ever mentioned any conspiracy theory.

Did u watch the game?

At least twice the officials made the opposite decision ( against us) for similat fouls within seconds!

Highly irregular Captain.

Are they all playing against a hun team who's vying for 2nd place?

And thats the first team ive ever mentioned any conspiracy theory.

Did u watch the game?

At least twice the officials made the opposite decision ( against us) for similat fouls within seconds!

Highly irregular Captain.

Your sentiments are perfectly understandable.  I fully appreciate as to why you feel the referee was against 'us'.

Its called supporting your team, and being irrational and wearing (insert colour) glasses.

Up and down country fans gripe about referee - its just way it is no matter what team you support.

But there is a difference between griping about the ref and stating they are being 'bought' - thats garbage.

To bring to your attention Alan Muir was referee when we beat Motherwell 7-2, and was the referee when we defeated Dundee 7-0 and then St.J's game.

I did watch the game - in detail.  I saw a pants aberdeen performance and we lost v St.Johnstone not because of a referee, lost because a player (the captain) did a pass back inside box that the keeper picked up and a wall that broke faster than a wall without cement.

Please familiarise yourself with the pass back rule.

So Alan Muir record with us this season is:

Games: 3

Goals for: 14

Against: 4

In addition he refereed Killie v Rangers and denied Rangers two pens meaning it ended 0-0.

We lost v St Johnstone because the team did not do the basics right.  In this case stupid pass back and a wall than broke up before the free kick was taken.

I agree.

However when you saw his atrocious booking of Hayes (it was so fucking bad that I actually asked the guy next to me if the ref was Collum), sometimes it's kinder to the ref to call him a cheat rather than absolute incompetent fuck that clearly wasn't fit to referee a fitba game.

He (Muir) booked 3 players from each team.

Nothing to do with referee Dons lost game.  Garbage decision making by players.

Face facts there is not a single referee in Scotland, England, Spain, Italy who fans don't gripe about it.

Its just a fact of life.

You ignored my point. You're pretty good at that.

I think you've made a very valid point for a fitba forum as basically football forums are for fans (like you & me) to moan and slate refs weekly.

It's like that at every club globally.

But no point finger jabbing that ref from Saturday - the players messed up clearly it was a pass back.  Clearly the wall was a catastrophe. 

Your sentiments are perfectly understandable.  I fully appreciate as to why you feel the referee was against 'us'.

Its called supporting your team, and being irrational and wearing (insert colour) glasses.

Up and down country fans gripe about referee - its just way it is no matter what team you support.

But there is a difference between griping about the ref and stating they are being 'bought' - thats garbage.

To bring to your attention Alan Muir was referee when we beat Motherwell 7-2, and was the referee when we defeated Dundee 7-0 and then St.J's game.

I did watch the game - in detail.  I saw a pants aberdeen performance and we lost v St.Johnstone not because of a referee, lost because a player (the captain) did a pass back inside box that the keeper picked up and a wall that broke faster than a wall without cement.

Please familiarise yourself with the pass back rule.

So Alan Muir record with us this season is:

Games: 3

Goals for: 14

Against: 4

In addition he refereed Killie v Rangers and denied Rangers two pens meaning it ended 0-0.

We lost v St Johnstone because the team did not do the basics right.  In this case stupid pass back and a wall than broke up before the free kick was taken.

i know the passback rule

and if you read my previous post it states that I knew it was a passback and jack was in the wrong.

I'm not talking about any other games or our result as a whole.imtalking about 3 obvious incidents where blatant bad refereeing or cheating was involved.

if you looka t some Italian football investigations and sepp blatter etc you will see there is plenty cheating and corruption going on in the game and its widespread.

so to ignore that a ref may have been given a nod in this game is very naïve of you.

I think you've made a very valid point for a fitba forum as basically football forums are for fans (like you & me) to moan and slate refs weekly.

It's like that at every club globally.

But no point finger jabbing that ref from Saturday - the players messed up clearly it was a pass back.  Clearly the wall was a catastrophe.

What are you on about? At no point did I say it wasn't a pass back and that the wall was not a catastrophe or blame the ref for the defeat. If you're going to make a high-and-mighty comment, at least bother to read the post your responding to.

I have read your post FFS!

You intimated in words or another that the ref was 'bought' v St'J's and there were 'irregular patterns'. Wider this is part of some sort of SFA, Ladbrokes inspired conspiracy to get Rangers 2nd.

It's basically not realistic is it?

As a club we need to rise above shi*e like that.  The 2nd place will be won by playing well v Hearts and especially laying down a marker when they play Rangers at Ibrox.  Not crumbling and going to pieces as per normal.

I have read your post FFS!

You intimated in words or another that the ref was 'bought' v St'J's and there were 'irregular patterns'. Wider this is part of some sort of SFA, Ladbrokes inspired conspiracy to get Rangers 2nd.

It's basically not realistic is it?

As a club we need to rise above shi*e like that.  The 2nd place will be won by playing well v Hearts and especially laying down a marker when they play Rangers at Ibrox.  Not crumbling and going to pieces as per normal.

At no point did I say any of that. I'll gie ye the benefit of the doubt though, perhaps your read Nips' post and not mine.

Its easy to get mixed up.

And remember its a fotba forum - I am not high and mighty (I am 5'8") and I don't know (dinna kain) who you are!

Although I disagree with you as I would rather see Stockley play than Rooney.  And I cannot understand how Rooney plays every week as he stands about like a gooseberry doing not much.  He is woeful at a Lee Miller role (i.e. control, lay off).

Surely he (rooney) could be a good impact sub.