Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kenny McLean

Yeah, probably just another bullshit story to unsettle us allowing der hun to leap-frog us in to 2nd place  :rofl: :rofl: but thinking purely business wise it's not such a bad idea.  The starting price for any negotiations would be well over the 1 mill mark, throw in a chunky sell on clause and if Kenny turns out to be half the player that we all think he will be then it could land us a nice pay day.

Obviously would prefer him to stay though  :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I never realised Seve was that young when we signed him. But since you pointed it out i looked up his stats and he only averaged 21 games a season for Hearts, i seem to remember him being plagued by knee injuries, so although you're clearing being sarky you're not a millions miles off, mobility was always his issue.

I'd take Scott Severin (at his peak) over McLean any day. Seve could dominate a midfield, was composed, and in my opinion he was one of the most complete players we've had for many a year. Proper footballer.

I'd take Scott Severin (at his peak) over McLean any day. Seve could dominate a midfield, was composed, and in my opinion he was one of the most complete players we've had for many a year. Proper footballer.

Absolutely. A joy to watch, although I recall a few people saying he was lazy  :rofl:

If only we'd managed to persuade Heikkenen to stay on for a while long.  Those two in the middle were sublime.

Seve was an infuriating player for us. He did have the talent, but sometimes he looked as though he couldn't be bothered, but to be fair this could have been Calderwoods management style.

I would rather have Barry Nic than McLean, if these things were possible, but happy enough to have McLean who is a good player IMO.

Nae keen on either of those.

Seve could play but my abiding memory of him is standing looking lost while we conceded yet another goal.

If we can do this then I'll have Simmie, Cooper and Strachan.

I wisnae that much of a fan of Strachan until he was protected properly.

Absolutely. A joy to watch, although I recall a few people saying he was lazy  :rofl:

If only we'd managed to persuade Heikkenen to stay on for a while long.  Those two in the middle were sublime.

Totally agree, loved that midfield partnership.

Not sure it'll all together fair to compare McLean to Seve though, McLean's a different type of player and has always been better in a more advanced no. 10 role.  It should be his permanent position for us, reckon he's only asked to play deeper on occasion because we're short on options. Always remembered Seve as a traditional box to box type midfielder, more comparable to jack or shinnies usual role.

Nae keen on either of those.

Seve could play but my abiding memory of him is standing looking lost while we conceded yet another goal.

If we can do this then I'll have Simmie, Cooper and Strachan.

I wisnae that much of a fan of Strachan until he was protected properly.

That goes without saying and since we're at it bring in Miller and McLeish also for the back two.

Dreaming aside, for the standard we are at McLean is a decent player. The Rangers rumours are just that, rumours and designed to heap pressure on us in the hunt for second place.

Fit were you doing there?

Stop bullying him.

Just cos he had the audacity to swim against the tide on one issue, you pick on him for everything.

Unlike you and your boring mates, at least he's posted something to pique interest.

You just post nothing, repeatedly, which is what we could expect from places like Oxford and Edinburgh etc.

Tory voting sick whackjob nothings.

People who swim against the tide, if they're good at what they do, live in better houses, drive better cars, eat in better restaurants and wear better clothes. Those who swim against the tide without personal focus tend to get frustrated at the fact that the visionary talent they do have doesn't translate into material wealth. If the goal is NOT material gain, any true talent they have naturally turns in to material gain because they have something worth selling. It's a conundrum. Some go for money. Others go for purity. If you have talent, people pay for your value.

[

Stop bullying him.

Just cos he had the audacity to swim against the tide on one issue, you pick on him for everything.

Unlike you and your boring mates, at least he's posted something to pique interest.

You just post nothing, repeatedly, which is what we could expect from places like Oxford and Edinburgh etc.

Tory voting sick whackjob nothings.

"Swimming against the tide" is not the same as spouting sensationalist, alarmist, factually misrepresentative pish.

McLean's personal support is irrelevant in a professional setting (sensationalist), he is unlikely to have upped his form in the last few months just impress Sevco (alarmist), and his contract is not up at the end of the season (factually misrepresentative).

Incidentally, i suggest you check the political demographics in both Oxford and Edinburgh before you unwittingly fall into the same trap.

• 9 months later...

Saw Kenny McLean in a supermarket today.

Unfortunately by the time I had recognised him, the moment had passed as I had walked past him.

I should've said well done for last night... rather than I know a guy (on DT) who hates you.

It would have been good to say something positive to him whilst passing. I'm sure they appreciate stuff like that.

As opposed to the sad pricks who ask for selfies or who think they have a right to stop and talk to them.

Saw Kenny McLean in a supermarket today.

Unfortunately by the time I had recognised him, the moment had passed as I had walked past him.

I should've said well done for last night... rather than I know a guy (on DT) who hates you.

It would have been good to say something positive to him whilst passing. I'm sure they appreciate stuff like that.

As opposed to the sad pricks who ask for selfies or who think they have a right to stop and talk to them.

:dunno:

:dunno:

Ok I got to spell it out. It's a nightmare for professional sportspeople getting stopped for autographs and selfies all the time. I would only have said well done whilst passing, without stopping to take his time, without expecting that he's got a duty to converse with a total stranger. What's so fucking difficult to understand?

• 2 weeks later...
McLean said: “Nothing has changed although I am now playing with a bit more freedom because I felt previously I was playing for my future.I had four months left on my contract and sometimes you can put too much pressure on yourself.On occasions I was probably doing that and trying too hard. It wasn’t bringing the best out in me but now I have my future secured I can relax and enjoy my football. That’s when I am at my best.”

Have noticed that McLean has upped his game since he signed for Norwich.

:laughing:

AFC Chat Forum

Thank you for ploughing through thousands of posts to find something that good, that interesting and for me, so relevant to a current situation.

And thank you for being able to discern the difference to pass on interesting stuff rather than ham and cheese bagel, a glass of water or whatever the fuck they had for lunch.

Pretty sure Kenny doesn't give exclusives to the hat though.

Thank you for ploughing through thousands of posts to find something that good, that interesting and for me, so relevant to a current situation.

And thank you for being able to discern the difference to pass on interesting stuff rather than ham and cheese bagel, a glass of water or whatever the fuck they had for lunch.

Pretty sure Kenny doesn't give exclusives to the hat though.

You are correct, joking about AFC Chat.

Quoted from https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2221991/kenny-mclean-aberdeen-best-future-norwich-city-scottish-cup/