Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scexit / Wexit / Nexit

If we cost the 'english' so much, if we are such a drain on them, if we cost them so much, subsidy junkies etc etc, why don't they let us go? this question has never been answered... ??? ???

It has been answered. And the answer was that it would "break David Cameron's heart if our family of nations broke up".

But it's also been answered by the other side. Anyone who takes even a few minutes and investigates the plethora of freely available information available can quite quickly see that we're a big source of income for them. And that if we were independent we'd be significantly more wealthy. I hear the "we'll just send our money to the central belt" pish too. Well firstly the North East has it's fair fucking share of junkies on giros but secondly surely this is better than spending £400m on redecorating the Queen's hoose?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's started

I picked up a Times ( Scotland edition) newspaper at the airport this morning and the headline says that less Scots that ever are in favour of independence.

I just checked my bbc newspaper review and I see that the Times ( England edition) headline is that more Scots than ever are in favour of independence.

It's started

I picked up a Times ( Scotland edition) newspaper at the airport this morning and the headline says that less Scots that ever are in favour of independence.

I just checked my bbc newspaper review and I see that the Times ( England edition) headline is that more Scots than ever are in favour of independence.

That'd be interesting to see in picture format. Did you take a photae as evidence? That's quite staggering. Whilst it's easy to say "don't buy a paper", that doesn't help the fact that others do. We don't prevent paedophilia by pretending it doesn't exist.

I left the paper on the plane (after reading that sevco were in the running to win a European trophy.)

While I was making the post I could see both pages ( on my iPad) and tried to copy them.

No joy though.

While I was trying to do that, the page refreshed and the English version changed to the exact opposite of what was originally printed

My daughter works in England. The amount of times she's been accosted this week and asked for her opinion has shocked her. She has correctly been playing it down, saying she wouldn't get a vote anyway and feigning disinterest but what's really disturbed her is the hostility towards the idea. Sturgeon should be shot was the most frightening and extreme. These are highly paid scientists and engineers, not your neanderthal tabloid reading classes.

Yeah, best policy down here is to tell them you don't get a vote.

And they really, really hate Sturgeon (who is only doing what she feels fit in her remit as FM).  Some journo, today in the Torygraph suggested she should be beheaded.  Could you imagine the shit-storm if that had been a wee internet warrior from Blantyre suggesting similar for May?

Yeah, best policy down here is to tell them you don't get a vote.

And they really, really hate Sturgeon (who is only doing what she feels fit in her remit as FM).  Some journo, today in the Torygraph suggested she should be beheaded.  Could you imagine the shit-storm if that had been a wee internet warrior from Blantyre suggesting similar for May?

Well please allow me... in my best-mustered Samuel L J accent...

But from Eberdeen, not from Blantyre.

Theresa May, the Tory party unelected prime minister, ought to be beheaded.

Why mention Blantyre? Just a randomly picked place?

Reason i ask is because that's where i'm from originally, moved up here at aged 6 but was born in Bellshill and brought up in Blantyre...

Anyway, i was going to say at the lest referendum i was 100% for independence, i would still like to see us separated from Westminister but i don't feel nearly as strongly about it as i did 2 years ago.

I've started to share the view that a Scottish govt would be much more pro-central belt than i'd like.

I suppose the way the arse has fallen out the O&G industry has also dented my confidence in an independent Scotland, i'm just not feeling it this time.

But then you go and see videos posted online like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L4pedb3wfg

Anyway, i was going to say at the lest referendum i was 100% for independence, i would still like to see us separated from Westminister but i don't feel nearly as strongly about it as i did 2 years ago.

I've started to share the view that a Scottish govt would be much more pro-central belt than i'd like.

That's a worry that I understand the origin of but I don't share. That's assuming the worst. That's saying that Sturgeon is unethical and unfair. There's no evidence for that.

Oil schmoil, it's always been a variable commodity and makes up only a small part of the economy.  At some point it's going to go back up and I would much prefer that Holyrood got that money than westminster. 

Fascinating few days it's been.  It wasn't just the gvmt that were caught on the bounce but the media too and they didn't like it.  They would have loved to get the negative spoilers out before the fact.  MSM is fucked on this one, there has never been such widespread public cynicism and awareness of how the press lie than there is now in Scotland and that's largely because of the last indyref. Fool me once etc.

If you can check out Callum McCaig's question to Maybot today,  I saw it on facebook and can't link to it but I imagine it will pop up in many newsfeeds.  It's really quite amusing regardless of your constitutional leaning. 

I was for it last time, I'm for it again.  Sturgeon has kinda been boxed into a corner here and I don't think she had any choice.  It was always going to come to this after the decision to go hard brexit so why not give May a bloody nose while your at it?  The tories are cunts, end of story and the sooner the country is rid of their influence the better. 

Brussels, Westminster, Edinburgh. Doesn't matter who it is they'll do nothing but take from us.

Independence for Grampian is the only way.

Although I'm being slightly tongue in cheek, independence for Scotland way well lead to the break up of Scotland. Orkney & Shetland where the real money in O&G is do not trust the Scottish Parliament.

Brussels, Westminster, Edinburgh. Doesn't matter who it is they'll do nothing but take from us.

Although I'm being slightly tongue in cheek, independence for Scotland way well lead to the break up of Scotland. Orkney & Shetland where the real money in O&G is do not trust the Scottish Parliament.

While if they wanted it, that's up to them, latest poll for Shetland independence was in single digits. It's never happening.

Independence for Grampian is the way ( but within the EU)

It's been my dream, although I always realised it would not be in my lifetime.

Scotland within Europe was a real possibility though, but the bastardin Scots were too fuckin cowardly.

Independence for Garlogie!!

We've got nae broadband, a pub that's more of a restaurant, a 40mph speed limit despite only having hooses along one side of the village, nae mobile signal, nae shops, and a village hall.

Dinna be gi'en me ony o' yer better igither shite, freedom for Logie!!!!

As I understand it if they went by themselves  they would become an archipelago inside Scottish waters only owning up to 15 miles from their coast which would have little to no effect on current oil fields.  I read this in the wee blue book and it seemed well researched if your wanting source. 

Re the bit in bold.  There are plenty of countries that  look after their citizens far better than the uk gvmt does, surely its not unreasonable to think we could join that collective as an independent nation.  I can understand your cynicism, hell you've lived the uk quite a while after all, but I don't think it's fair to judge an Independent Scottish parliament so harshly before they have even had the chance to prove otherwise.

Nearly there boys,...its The peoples republic of Grampian,within the cheerful harmony of the rest of the UK.

Sorry mate but for every door opening, another shuts.

When we take devolution to the extreme, here's how it works. Aberdeen is the capital. And I'm the fucking president.

Elgin and Buckie and Lossie etc. are great assets, part of the plan but we're nae giein you cunts a say. You're too close to Nairn, a border yet to be negotiated but hopefully we won't include them. They can float off to Inverness and the Highlands or whatever the fuck they are.

I recommend a circle around Inverurie and making them an island within our Republic. These cunts love Rugby. Banff another territory vulnerable for exclusion. Wankers.