Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scexit / Wexit / Nexit

Sorry for the divergence, but I think this needs removing from the politics thread.

Sturgeon has totally outplayed May, to such an extent the whole Article 50 announcement is now off the table this week. It appears 'our' PM really didn't think Nicola would put country before career, or at least risk it.

That's the trouble with most Tories, they think everyone is as grasping and unprincipled as they are, and plan accordingly.

Now Leanne Wood and Michelle O'Neill have followed suit with demands for electoral questions to be on the table.

It's over for the British Empire.

#scotref

:thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The British empire is a fucking disgrace.

Just look at the history of it. Really fucking awful atrocities swept under the carpet by the powers and establishment.

Get to fuck all of it.

It's time for a new beautiful beginning.lets try to forget all the traitors and cowards from the past and work together in creating a fantastic powerful nation represented by itself for the good of itself and the world.

We CAN do this people.

You can only love thy neighbour if it's actually your own house.

^^^^^ quote from nipsandtatties  :wave:

It's a nice image like, but will we re-decorate later? I thought there was overwhelmingly good reasons for voting Yes to Brexit, but I knew - almost for certain - that none of those good ideas would reach the table post brexit. I also knew that the European project (specifically the Euro and the ECB) was broken and stood no chance of repair so staying in Europe was not the right thing to do either. I ended up not voting because neither side made the correct case, and the vote shouldn't have happened anyway.

With independence it's only slightly different. I know that the Westminster system is broken and stands no chance of repair (apart from the building of course). However, I see absolutely nothing other than PR that tells me that Holyrood isn't just Westminster-lite. I see your illustration as maybe missing the point a little. We (Scotland, and the UK) doesn't need decorating. We need massive internal re-construction, with structural walls removed and a shite load of insulation put in.

I'll vote Yes, but I believe we will just be changing the wallpaper and throwing up a few ornaments. That doesn't really interest me.

It's a nice image like, but will we re-decorate later? I thought there was overwhelmingly good reasons for voting Yes to Brexit, but I knew - almost for certain - that none of those good ideas would reach the table post brexit. I also knew that the European project (specifically the Euro and the ECB) was broken and stood no chance of repair so staying in Europe was not the right thing to do either. I ended up not voting because neither side made the correct case, and the vote shouldn't have happened anyway.

With independence it's only slightly different. I know that the Westminster system is broken and stands no chance of repair (apart from the building of course). However, I see absolutely nothing other than PR that tells me that Holyrood isn't just Westminster-lite. I see your illustration as maybe missing the point a little. We (Scotland, and the UK) doesn't need decorating. We need massive internal re-construction, with structural walls removed and a shite load of insulation put in.

I'll vote Yes, but I believe we will just be changing the wallpaper and throwing up a few ornaments. That doesn't really interest me.

I see your point but the point of the image still stands. We can't restructure (or redecorate) the big hoose until we have the keys. I agree with you regarding Holyrood. But what I think/hope will happen in the event of a Yes vote is that politicians and their political parties up here re-invent themselves. I've said in a few places now that I'd like to see SNP vow to disband in the event of a Yes vote to re-focus on other issues that they feel they should base their policies around. Labour have no choice but to disband IMO opinion. We need to start again with a clean political slate. If it was up to me we'd have our own currency too.

I like that image. It should get some No voters to think. The independence referendum will not be, is not, and has never been about the SNP. The biggest handicap to our self-determination and fulfilling our potential as a country has been England. For over 300 years.

Westminster and the establishment begged us to stay. I wonder why that was? They love us? Or we benefit them? Are we really that stupid that we believed "stronger together" benefits us as well as the UK? In what way? Show us the data.

Blair carved up the map of the North Sea before he went, in case independence came to pass. Cameron reneged on almost every promise that he made in 2014. They are a bunch of fucking wankers, evil self-interested bastards. They hate "common people", whatever their nationality, wherever they are, including those in the areas that they live. The "northern powerhouse" was a piss take. You think any of those public school cunts can have a pint in any pub, speak to people and get respect? And they're our leaders and running our country?

Let's get the keys to our future. Then the internal structuring can take shape. We can't do anything without independence.

The timing of the vote is perfect for us. It's going to be a couple of years at least before we can consider relocating, after our youngest flies the nest. We were seriously considering northern England... until Sunday. It's a country we've never lived in although we have spent time away from Scotland. There was a news piece on Sunday which the wife saw and there was some giant turtle splashing about, getting released after undergoing repairs or a service or whatever. The newsreader said - in the manner that ONLY the guffies can, smug in their sense of superiority even though the evidence proves otherwise - "just like the Scotland rugby team", referring to its ungainliness and helplessness.

I couldn't live with those people, the wife said. And neither could I. I always threatened to leave Scotland if we didn't have the balls to go independent. Now I'm sure I'll be able to fulfil my original desire. Born here, will die here.

It's started already. The BBC are appalling. They just wheeled out a Spanish dude who spoke about Catalonia and how Scotland will have to join the Euro and Shengen etc. and the ticker tape said "Spain says..."

Like one dude, not even a politician, a member of some fucking "European think tank", just because he's Spanish represents the whole of a big European country? One that's been totally fucked over by the EU actually, even though unlike the French, they're fucking slow to wake up to this fact.

Now they have a professor from Glasgow Uni, some beardie weirdie wanker - bet he loves rugby - in a tie who is saying how "barking" it all is and how it will only divide the country further.

Listen up you No voting cunts. We're going independent of Westminster. Get used to it and try starting to understand why we are.

I'm tired of hearing about how "we don't want a divisive second indyref". Fuck off. It won't divide us more than we already are, have been and will be forever. The cunts that roll out that line or the "we voted no 2 years ago, accept it" are infuriating. These pricks are so scared of independence that they have managed to convince themselves that the political landscape hasn't sufficiently changed to warrant another indyref.

I'm tired of hearing about how "we don't want a divisive second indyref". Fuck off. It won't divide us more than we already are, have been and will be forever. The cunts that roll out that line or the "we voted no 2 years ago, accept it" are infuriating. These pricks are so scared of independence that they have managed to convince themselves that the political landscape hasn't sufficiently changed to warrant another indyref.

They've been brainwashed, that's what they are. Ruth Davidson and Kezia Dugdale the worst. It's not our fault that their chromosomes came out wrong. Just because they got bullied at school and were resentful at being left on the sidelines, of being made to feel that they aren't "normal people", ignored because of the ugliness of their minds and their souls, they shouldn't try and find normalcy by towing the establishment line, believing everything that their useless parents told them, the only people who could possibly love such horrible humans, if even they do.

Ruth Davidson and Kezia Dugdale the worst. It's not our fault that their chromosomes came out wrong.

Are chromosomes to blame for being a Tory ( or Labour for that matter) I knew there had to be something wrong.

Or is it because they are mutants?

I see your point but the point of the image still stands. We can't restructure (or redecorate) the big hoose until we have the keys. I agree with you regarding Holyrood. But what I think/hope will happen in the event of a Yes vote is that politicians and their political parties up here re-invent themselves. I've said in a few places now that I'd like to see SNP vow to disband in the event of a Yes vote to re-focus on other issues that they feel they should base their policies around. Labour have no choice but to disband IMO opinion. We need to start again with a clean political slate. If it was up to me we'd have our own currency too.

I'm not that confident. I entirely agree about the SNP and disbanding. It should remain only for continuity and allow other parties to be voted in within a couple of years with their own ideas surrounding a constitution.

The currency option from last time was a disgrace. It has to be our own currency, that is the only option. The Euro is a fucking disgrace and the English poond would leave us in exactly the same position we are in now - basically a federal arm of the UK. They have to come up with something concrete and something viable. It should be electronic. They need to get this idea out ASAP too, so that folk get over it by the time the "debates" happen. A new currency is not only entirely viable, but essential to any working country with aspirations of taking control of its own destiny. Unfortunately, it's a subject that few people properly understand and there's a giant amount of shite spouted about it which will affect the public opinion, so there needs to be plenty of time to bed the idea in and get it explained.

The problem I have is that it'll be the same folk vying for power with the same ideas. We desperately need something more forward and something more radical. A complete change to the way politics works and a complete change to the way the economy works. I think we'll get a bunch of differing neo-liberal parties along UK lines that will offer a mild improvement on what exists already. We'll settle for being better at shite than England rather than forging something unique and exciting. There'll be a lot of slogans.

The Euro

So that you can hold Greece to ransom, or Ireland, or whoever the next poorest happens to be? The Euro is an abomination, an absolute disgrace of a currency design. Europe, and Europeans should be ashamed of what happened to Greece and other before because of the deliberate persecution built into the way that currency works.

Don't agree with everything in it, but the facts surrounding the Euro are spot on:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/open-letter-to-the-people-of-greece-you-are-being-slaughtered-before-the-worlds-eyes/5579023

So that you can hold Greece to ransom, or Ireland, or whoever the next poorest happens to be? The Euro is an abomination, an absolute disgrace of a currency design. Europe, and Europeans should be ashamed of what happened to Greece and other before because of the deliberate persecution built into the way that currency works.

Don't agree with everything in it, but the facts surrounding the Euro are spot on:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/open-letter-to-the-people-of-greece-you-are-being-slaughtered-before-the-worlds-eyes/5579023

Absolutely this.  will give the article a read.

The Euro is an abomination, an absolute disgrace of a currency design. Europe, and Europeans should be ashamed of what happened to Greece and other before because of the deliberate persecution built into the way that currency works.

That article wasn't about the Euro. It was about how the US, its puppets and its bankers work. The currency itself is irrelevant.

Excellent article though. I would like to learn what you don't agree with?

Assume I must have missed the reference to Greeks not paying their taxes as I read through the attached fairly quickly ;)

That article wasn't about the Euro. It was about how the US, its puppets and its bankers work. The currency itself is irrelevant.

Excellent article though. I would like to learn what you don't agree with?

It is to do with the Euro, that is the mechanism by which they apply the force. The Euro is the tool of the central bank that allows German and French banks to enforce debt reparations and asset grabbing. Without the Euro, and it's punitive design, Greece would simply perform the manoeuvre mentioned in the article with regard to the Swiss. The Euro is the basis of the entire article. It is just a currency, but it is a currency that has been set up in a particular way with an unmovable design (which is why I never understood Varoufakis's position that Greece should keep the Euro - it seemed to be entirely sentimental).

I disagree with the part about Switzerland. I think they took the correct approach for their country and exactly that which Greece should take.

It is to do with the Euro, that is the mechanism by which they apply the force. The Euro is the tool of the central bank that allows German and French banks to enforce debt reparations and asset grabbing. Without the Euro, and it's punitive design, Greece would simply perform the manoeuvre mentioned in the article with regard to the Swiss. The Euro is the basis of the entire article. It is just a currency, but it is a currency that has been set up in a particular way with an unmovable design (which is why I never understood Varoufakis's position that Greece should keep the Euro - it seemed to be entirely sentimental).

I disagree with the part about Switzerland. I think they took the correct approach for their country and exactly that which Greece should take.

Ok, I get where you'e coming from. The Euro is the tool but it is the deliberate exploitation of the greek people by the system that is the bigger subject, not just of that article of course.

I agree that the Swiss did the right thing and I have found the possible area of contention. He wrote that it was "unfair". It was unfair on the eurozone I guess and everyone who was tied to it. At least our eurosceptic British empire establishment had the sense not to go that deep into the US hegemony project. These were the key words in that article for me: -

"What Washington wants, and Brussels by (puppet) extension, is a compliant Greece that will never ever question its role in NATO, never question the EU, never question its shackles to the euro, and never question the US access to the Mediterranean Sea..."

I note the author writes in Paul Craig Roberts terms too: -

"The people of Europe were lied to, including the Greek, as usual by the presstitute media".

This was also revealing: -

the media (are they all bought like in Germany by the CIA?)

The use of this term alone revealed to me that the author is on our side and sees the truth: -

They, the scum of Brussels and ‘swamp’ of Washington (as President Trump used to call the Washington Deep State ‘establishment’), want a submissive Greece. Because Greece is in a highly strategic geographic location, at the cross-roads of west and east. Greece is a NATO country.

The number of enlightened people is growing. I look forward to seeing the effects one day, when that growth becomes exponential.

Sturgeon won't get the date she wants.

Unless the yes campaign categorically clarify what the currency will be, and that it won't be the Euro or the English pound, then no will win again. If they go down the Euro route then heaven forbid any cretin that votes for it.

If we cost the 'english' so much, if we are such a drain on them, if we cost them so much, subsidy junkies etc etc, why don't they let us go? this question has never been answered... ??? ???

Absolutely this^^^^^

I've just read Facebook moans from English saying we rely on Westminster.

Rely on Westminster??. What a fucking laugh.

Fuck off any English cunt who thinks we rely on them.

And as said above..if you think we depend on you then vote to have us ejected from the great uk.

Why is Teresa may so desperate for us to stay.

Wouldn't she publicly question how much Scotland cost the rest of the U.K.???.

Bunch of cunts.

And so are any No voters.

Only in Scotland would that sound hardcore and apparently nazi...esque.