Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Best away support

Its a strange one.Our home crowds are probably less than they should be,but our away support is proportionally higher than most others

Wasnt always the same though.IMO our core home support is pretty much the same as it always was.The away support has evolved a lot over the years though.When I went to my first away games in the late seventies,there were often only a handful of Dons fans there(with the exception of Dundee,or big cup games).Wasnt that great in the eighties either,in proportion to the success we had.Started to increase in the early nineties and grew to present levels around Ebbe's time despite having some of the worst ever teams.A strange one,disposable income increase maybe? ...good to see though,just wish we could grow the home support

For me personally it is always more appealing making it a day out.  I don't just mean having a right good sesh as I am designated driver for a lot of the games we travel to but it's something to look forward to.  I also find it quite addictive, We'll tell ourselves we wont go to the next few games but when it comes around we don't want to miss out  :dance:

Its a strange one.Our home crowds are probably less than they should be,but our away support is proportionally higher than most others

Wasnt always the same though.IMO our core home support is pretty much the same as it always was.The away support has evolved a lot over the years though.When I went to my first away games in the late seventies,there were often only a handful of Dons fans there(with the exception of Dundee,or big cup games).Wasnt that great in the eighties either,in proportion to the success we had.Started to increase in the early nineties and grew to present levels around Ebbe's time despite having some of the worst ever teams.A strange one,disposable income increase maybe? ...good to see though,just wish we could grow the home support

Agree that our away following grew through periods of non success (strangely), but we had some huge away supports in the 80s too.  It was in this decade, when we started getting 1/2 the end behind the goals at both Sevco & Timothy (occasionally the whole end).

We always took a huge support to Perth & Dundee.

Where i noticed the big difference recently is to places like Partick,Hamilton  & Motherwell.