Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Tims - sat 1200

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating. That's how I'd describe that. The last 25 is how we should have started the game, they are there for the taking and didn't like it up them. It was the wrong game to try something different, but I guess we always criticise him for not using his squad.  What I noticed was that Pittodrie did not empty out despite us being 1-0 down with a few mins to go, looked like everyone stayed behind for that last 6 mins.  Excellent effort, just couldn't find that final ball or shot today.

Thank fuck for Lewis, that would have been embarrassing.  Some absolute world class saves there that none of our recent keepers would have made imo. Not even Ward.

Wrong team selection at the start cost us today. Burns and McLean were both a complete waste of a jersey. Joe Lewis and some poor finishing from Celtic were the only reason we were still in the game. Unlucky at the end when we caused them problems when we pressed them and actually had a striker on the field. Why did we not start the game the way we finished it. Shinnie should have gone over when he was pulled back in the box but then again cunt McLean would probably have booked him for diving.

Didn't think we had much ground for complaint.  We were undone by a where-did-that-come-from piece of skill in a pretty even game, which always feels unlucky.  I wouldn't criticise Deek's tactics, which were designed to make us competitive against a team with a lot more money and, let's be honest, quality out on the park. He was obviously worried about the quality and pace they have on the flanks and thought we needed runners.  For the first half at least it worked - apart from that exceptional strike we gave them very little sight of our goal.

They had a period of dominance in the first 20 or so minutes of the second half where they worked some decent opportunities and we were a bit lucky not to concede a second, with Joe Lewis immense.  What a find he's been.

We really came at them for the final 15-20 minutes, had them on the back foot, and should have had a pen but a lot of it was rushed, headless chicken stuff.  Can't agree with folk complaining we didn't start like that - if we had Celtic would just have soaked it up and easily picked off a tired team once the storm subsided.  You can't sustain that for 90 minutes.

They got the break with a bit of magic and we didn't.  I felt we deserved something from the game but if I was a Tim looking at the possession stats and which team had the better clear cut chances I'd probably be feeling we just about deserved it.

Oh and the referee was a disgrace.

Well that was shite. What a very bizarre line up today, no having a proper striker was bizarre. Were we trying to stop the scum playing?  Fuck them, not nearly as good as what our press would have you believe to deserve that kind of respect, and if we concentrated on our own game then we could have got something, just like we showed we could in the later stages of the game.

McLean and McGinn can GTF big time, McGinn goes missing too much in lots of games, but does very little against his team.  McLean has certainly regressed whilst with us, is turning into the new Gary MacDonald for me, but I would say we play him in the wrong position. We gave them the freedom of the park at times today, some really bad performaces and poor decision making, to me we looked really disjointed.  I would say we improved a lot after we made changes, but really should have attacked the scum from the off and if it wasn't for Lewis we would have suffered a hammering today.

The ref?  Nae going to waste my breath, same old, same old. I don't expect much when we play them and today was no different.  Brown is a mutant fuck who gets away with so much on the pitch, likes to dish it out, but hates getting it back, I don't mind a player like that, but only if they take back what they give out.

I blame our manager today for that loss today. Nae even November and the league is well and truly over.

Maddison is a joy to watch though.

Didn't think we had much ground for complaint.  We were undone by a where-did-that-come-from piece of skill in a pretty even game, which always feels unlucky.  I wouldn't criticise Deek's tactics, which were designed to make us competitive against a team with a lot more money and, let's be honest, quality out on the park. He was obviously worried about the quality and pace they have on the flanks and thought we needed runners.  For the first half at least it worked - apart from that exceptional strike we gave them very little sight of our goal.

They had a period of dominance in the first 20 or so minutes of the second half where they worked some decent opportunities and we were a bit lucky not to concede a second, with Joe Lewis immense.  What a find he's been.

We really came at them for the final 15-20 minutes, had them on the back foot, and should have had a pen but a lot of it was rushed, headless chicken stuff.  Can't agree with folk complaining we didn't start like that - if we had Celtic would just have soaked it up and easily picked off a tired team once the storm subsided.  You can't sustain that for 90 minutes.

They got the break with a bit of magic and we didn't.  I felt we deserved something from the game but if I was a Tim looking at the possession stats and which team had the better clear cut chances I'd probably be feeling we just about deserved it.

Oh and the referee was a disgrace.

AYe, it's all about opinions min, but cannot agree what what you have posted. We showed tham too much respect today. They are a good team in an attacking sense, but not so good when defending, actually they are gash at the back. You have to go toe to toe with the manky bastards if you want anything, got to get stuck in and in their faces from kick off until final whistle.

I felt we got what we deserved today, nothing.