Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hamilton v Dons

Only seen the clip of the pen on Twitter but looked pretty soft.

Still can't use that as an excuse really as there was plenty time left.

Sounded like the defence had a nightmare did they?

Penalty was a dive, however, as you say the Dons had more than enough in their locker to win this game. The ideas were there but the execution was very poor. There were SOOOO many unforced errors and misplaced passes. I wouldn't say the defence had a nightmare, no. They only conceded a penalty which was not even a penalty (which Lewis nearly saved BTW!). Joe Lewis didn't have too much to do. They were caught out a couple of times and a better team probably would've punished us. Collum had a nightmare  :cardred: and as Derek Ferguson said afterwards on BBC Scotland, he lost the plot in the second half. >:(

Credit to Hamilton who stuck to their shape and played two up front against us for the whole game but we beat ourselves last night. Too many big players had an off night. A lot of effort but just poor mistakes. Shinnie was one of the worst culprits along with Logan, O'Connor, Hayes and Burns - players who I admire and are usually so dependable!  :dunno: Rooney was struggling up front on his own and needed a partner. The three subs we brought on did little to change anything. McGinn was ok, nothing special but Pawlett and Storey were poor. I thought Reynolds and Considine actually played quite well from a defensive point of view.

We started the game poorly and were playing a long ball game right from the offset and it was just coming right back at us. As the first half wore on we started to play it on the deck more and chances seemed to be one pass away from happening but unfortunately the passes were going astray. The theme continued into the second half, nearly but no cigar. Bottom line - bad day at the office, dust ourselves down, have a long hard look in the mirror and have a talk to ourselves and back to business on Saturday!

COYR. Stand Free!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penalty was a dive, however, as you say the Dons had more than enough in their locker to win this game. The ideas were there but the execution was very poor. There were SOOOO many unforced errors and misplaced passes. I wouldn't say the defence had a nightmare, no. They only conceded a penalty which was not even a penalty (which Lewis nearly saved BTW!). Joe Lewis didn't have too much to do. They were caught out a couple of times and a better team probably would've punished us. Collum had a nightmare  :cardred: and as Derek Ferguson said afterwards on BBC Scotland, he lost the plot in the second half. >:(

Credit to Hamilton who stuck to their shape and played two up front against us for the whole game but we beat ourselves last night. Too many big players had an off night. A lot of effort but just poor mistakes. Shinnie was one of the worst culprits along with Logan, O'Connor, Hayes and Burns - players who I admire and are usually so dependable!  :dunno: Rooney was struggling up front on his own and needed a partner. The three subs we brought on did little to change anything. McGinn was ok, nothing special but Pawlett and Storey were poor. I thought Reynolds and Considine actually played quite well from a defensive point of view.

We started the game poorly and were playing a long ball game right from the offset and it was just coming right back at us. As the first half wore on we started to play it on the deck more and chances seemed to be one pass away from happening but unfortunately the passes were going astray. The theme continued into the second half, nearly but no cigar. Bottom line - bad day at the office, dust ourselves down, have a long hard look in the mirror and have a talk to ourselves and back to business on Saturday!

COYR. Stand Free!

Cheers for that summary Chris.  :thumbsup:

It annoys me when folk say that regardless of the refs performance we should still have had enough to win. Maybe so but we're always going to have an off night at some point and his decisions cost us our unbeaten run and a point. As soon as his name comes up you just know there's going to be some controversy.

Agree with a fair bit of what you're saying Chris but strongly disagree about Reynolds. Out muscelled and out thought time and time again. He was by no means the only one below par on the night, but he was on one of the worst. Can't believe I am saying this but hurry back Ashton

We need to stick with this same team as much as we can.

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Taylor Shinnie

Jack Storie

McGinn Maddison Hayes

Stockley

Bring on Rooney as sub.

As much as I like Rooney, I think Stockley has more to his game.great lay offs, great positioning and a good header of the ball.

Essentially playing a 6 man defence who can attack when required with Logan and Shinnie pushing forward if required on the break.

Great attacking midfield.

Still think Burns is good enough to come on for McGinn when he has a quiet game.

If playing 2 up front (which will never happen), play Rooney up with Stockley and drop Storie.

Just my opinion

:hammer: