Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Morton In/oot and predictions

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very average performance today but job done, its a game that magoo or calderwood would have found a way to feck up in previous years.

Thought Shinnie was by far our best performer as said before apart from the goal cannot see how on earth Mclean copped man of the match. What does worry me is how utterly honking Reynolds was. Taylor often gets pelters but I hope to hell he isnt out long cos Reynolds is getting bullied every time he plays.

Very very average performance today but job done, its a game that magoo or calderwood would have found a way to feck up in previous years.

Thought Shinnie was by far our best performer as said before apart from the goal cannot see how on earth Mclean copped man of the match. What does worry me is how utterly honking Reynolds was. Taylor often gets pelters but I hope to hell he isnt out long cos Reynolds is getting bullied every time he plays.

Easily one of the worst performers today.  I've long stated that i've thought Reynolds was long past his best and today was just further evidence of it.  We needed another centre half this summer.  Our defence (mainly left and centre) was a complete mess.  Had we played a better and more clinical team today, we'd have lost by a considerable margin imo.  But we didn't, so i'm happy  ;D

I'll take that, it was never going to be an easy game and if memory serves that's our first win at Hampden in 16 years? Last one i can think of was the SC semi against hibs, 2-1 stav and an epic andy dow volley.

Not convinced Rooney is actually offside as it looked to me like the ball wasn't played forward by the header that set him up.  Rooney takes a couple of small steps of  backwards just before he heads it and given how close to being level with considine in the first place that would put the flight of the ball roughly level with AC.  If that's the case then the ball hasn't moved forward but sideways and Rooney cannot be offside as the offside rule only apply's when the ball is played forward by a team mate.  The assistant must have had a really good view AC's header and I suspect that's why he's not flagged.

I thought Maclean did fine today and I was chuffed he got a goal but not MOM, defo shinnie for that prize.  Ultimately GM came to frustrate and did well in their task but 2-0 was about right.  I'd quite like to see Considine given a run with AOC, if jack can play cm with Maclean we could finally get Shinnie in his round peg. :dance:

I'll take that, it was never going to be an easy game and if memory serves that's our first win at Hampden in 16 years? Last one i can think of was the SC semi against hibs, 2-1 stav and an epic andy dow volley.

Holy fuck. That long? I think you might be right.

I remember that game particularly. Kenny Miller was menacing. But I mind getting there with my son and like today, there were many empty seats. We deliberately and stealthily moved two thirds the way down a completely empty segment and sat right behind a copper. I waited a while and said "excuse me mate, you can't stand there". Loved the fact he cracked up laughing. There's good shit and bad shit everywhere. It's up to us to pull out what we want from cunts.

After-Match ~ evening of chill and hopefully celebratory whisky

If I might recommend.

Bought my first ever bottle of Glenfarclas yesterday, a 105.

A lot darker than the 10 year old and not my usual choice of colour, being a Speyside enthusiast.

Had my first taste last night. So good, impossible to add water to it.

Bit of a heid on today but away to pour another just now, probably neat again.

Tasted Glenfarclas for the first time a couple of months ago. That was 15 year old nectar.

Don't leave it as late as I did to discover this distillery. It's marvellous.

EDIT: I just added 50 or 60% water to this one. I normally only add 30 or 40% water. This stuff is CLASS.

Not convinced Rooney is actually offside as it looked to me like the ball wasn't played forward by the header that set him up.  Rooney takes a couple of small steps of  backwards just before he heads it and given how close to being level with considine in the first place that would put the flight of the ball roughly level with AC.  If that's the case then the ball hasn't moved forward but sideways and Rooney cannot be offside as the offside rule only apply's when the ball is played forward by a team mate.  The assistant must have had a really good view AC's header and I suspect that's why he's not flagged.

That's nae actually the rule. I thought the same as you, but my mate corrected me and it turns out he was right. The direction of the ball has no bearing on the offside decision, just the position of the players.