Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Last night, imo, he showed what we've been missing for decades, in particular at tynecastle. Coming out for balls that previous keepers would have been too scared or incompetent to collect, and most importantly, winning them. That save from the farts guy, at the near post yes, but he needed to get down quick and boy did he. What a guy. Deservedly getting his name sung, extend his deal!

Last night, imo, he showed what we've been missing for decades, in particular at tynecastle. Coming out for balls that previous keepers would have been too scared or incompetent to collect, and most importantly, winning them. That save from the farts guy, at the near post yes, but he needed to get down quick and boy did he. What a guy. Deservedly getting his name sung, extend his deal!

That save at the end was far from straightforward too, came trough a crowd and he did well to spot it and get down early... sign him up.

Aye, he's fucking ace. Not quite sure how we've got him. Best keeper in the league in my opinion. That free kick in the first half by Walker (I think) was straight at him, but it was similar to the pish that Scott Brown spilled last year in the equivalent fixture. Alexander is actually a better keeper than we've had in a decade too, I feel a bit sorry for him sitting on the bench.

I cannot believe we picked him up on a free. Really rate the guy as a goalie and seems to be a decent guy also and as posted above it is reassuring having him between the sticks after some of the outright garbage we have had in that position over the years.

Our previous custodian, Scott Brown left us and went to Wycombe Wanderers and is now currently on loan at Eastleigh.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-goalkeeper-joe-lewis-praises-9564692

Apologies for the source lads ;)

This is a deal that appears to have worked for both parties.

Time to get a sneaky wee contract extension on the table for him ???

As I said after the hearts game, get him tied up asap. We've waited so long for a decent one, I want him to stay as long as possible!

I like him but I don't think I like him as much as the rest of you seem to. I still think Ward was the better of the pair but I do agree he's substantially better than anything we had for the decade prior to Ward. I'd be very happy for him to sign a contract extension.

• 1 month later...

Well, based on the season to date I'd say Lewis should be the next one after Hayes and Shinnie to have his contract extended. Have to think he'd be happy to do so and show some gratitude to the dons for helping revive his career. Worth doing now before the attention to him increases and championship clubs come sniffing. Given the keepers we've had definitely worth the club investing. Best in Scotland in my biased eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news!

I know it goes without saying (i'm going to say it anyway) but a good keeper is so vital to a good team. If they defence don't have trust in the keeper it really unsettles them and restricts them from venturing up field which in turn hampers the attacking side of them team.

Get that contract signed Joe!  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...