Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Injury news . . .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn will face Aberdeen tomorrow despite rumours the German league leaders were planning to rest their veteran captain.

Bayern were contemplating leaving the 38-year-old former German international out of the Uefa Cup last-32 encounter at Pittodrie, keeping him fresh for the Bundesliga match at Hanover on Sunday.

But with back-up goalkeeper Michael Rensing struggling with a back problem, it left just third choice Bernd Dreher, who is 41 and was Bayern Munich's goalkeeping coach before coming out of retirement in 2005.

Kahn, who is planning to retire at the end of the season, will be part of the Munich squad due to arrive at Aberdeen Airport at lunchtime today.

Bayern will be missing four key players.

They will be without influential winger Franck Ribery after the France international failed to recover from a thigh strain.

The talented 24-year-old will be fit for the second leg at the Allianz Arena in eight days.

Dutch international Mark van Bommel, who was part of the Champions League-winning Barcelona side of 2006, is also out with a knee injury.

Defenders Daniel van Buyten and Willy Sagnol are also sidelined but German international defender Marcell Jansen is set to return to action having been out since November with an ankle injury.

Guest Caroline B

I just heard that Oliver Kahn is out for tomorrow. He was sent back to Germany as he felt unwell on the plane this morning.

Word on the street is that he was shitting himself once they heard that Mackie had passed a fitness test!  ;D

I just heard that Oliver Kahn is out for tomorrow. He was sent back to Germany as he felt unwell on the plane this morning.

Word on the street is that he was shitting himself once they heard that Mackie had passed a fitness test!  ;D

The story over here was he was removed from the plane before he shat himself laughing.

radio scotland said something about a shoe or shoelace being a problem

anyone shed any light on this? 

On the Radio it said Khan has been ruled out due to sickness and their back up keeper injured his back tying his shoelace.  :rofl2:

41 yr old emergency keeper now supposed to be playing, we will have to get the ball into Bayern's half though to take advantage of this. :-\

Now if anyone had an ounce of sense down Pittodrie way, they'd go clattering into goalkeeper two minutes into the game.

As there is nobody with an ounce of sense down Pittodrie way, I'll make it clear I mean their goalkeeper and not ours.

exactly fit I was thinking ST :thumbsup:

Just like the hun fucks did to Watt in the league decider all those years ago >:(

Now if anyone had an ounce of sense down Pittodrie way, they'd go clattering into goalkeeper two minutes into the game.

As there is nobody with an ounce of sense down Pittodrie way, I'll make it clear I mean their goalkeeper and not ours.

"OK Darren, you're going to sacrifice yourself by "COLLIDING" with their keeper in the 1st minute"

Aye, right ::)

From the Guardian:

Bayern Munich arrived at their Aberdeen hotel yesterday mysteriously missing Oliver Kahn. The 38-year-old goalkeeper had been on the flight from Munich but Markus Hörwick, Bayern's head of communications, said he had been sent home by the club doctor with "shivers, a high temperature and stomach pains".

The manager, Ottmar Hitzfeld, said: "I do not want to speak about that. He flew home but he will be OK to play on Sunday." After last weekend's 1-1 draw with Werder Bremen, Kahn criticised his team-mates for wasting scoring opportunities

Bayern's predicament worsened when it was revealed that Michael Rensing, Kahn's deputy, had injured his back in bending to tie his shoelaces. "I'm confident he'll be able to play," Hitzfeld said. "In an emergency we'll find someone to tie his laces for him." Next in line for the jersey is the 41-year-old Bernd Dreher, who has played two senior matches in the past three seasons. Thomas Kraft, an untried 19-year-old, flew in yesterday as back-up.

Bayern were already without the injured Willy Sagnol, Daniel van Buyten, Franck Ribéry and Mark van Bommel as they seek to exorcise ghosts from 1983, when Aberdeen, managed by Alex Ferguson, upset a side including Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Klaus Augenthaler and Paul Breitner 3-2 at Pittodrie to progress to the semi-final of the Cup Winners' Cup, a tournament the Dons went on to win.

"We have nothing whatsoever to lose," Aberdeen's manager, Jimmy Calderwood, said. "Hopefully they [can] have a bad day and we have a very good one."

Aberdeen (4-5-1, probable) Langfield; Maybury, Diamond, Bus, Considine; Mackie, Severin, Touzani, Nicholson, De Visscher; Miller. Subs Soutar, Walker, Mair, Duff, Lovell, Aluko, Maguire.

Bayern Munich (4-4-2, probable) Rensing; Jansen, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm; Altintop, Ze Roberto, Ottl, Schweinsteiger; Toni, Klose. Subs Dreher, Lell, Celozzi, Sosa, Schlaudraff, Wagner, Podolski.

Referee E González (Spain).