Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Tims - 03/02/16 - 7:45PM

Well well. Some ambition shown to win a game deservedly rewarded with 3 pts.

I said that 10 of the 11 starters were "in stone" but I would never have guessed that he would have gone 4-4-2 and put Church on. I thought he would have gone for Consi, I was wondering Flood but Derek was more ambitious than that.

Totally against the run of play, Hayes scored a belter. Craig Gordon was slow to react but nothing detracts from the quality of the strike. When Church followed up with a second, it was dreamland.

Celtic were very poor but still managed to dominate possession in the first half. They were very poor in the final third though and Brown didn't have any tough saves to make. What was most telling about the "champions-elect" was how mentally weak they were. Having been delivered a body blow and being on the wrong end of a flattering scoreline, they didn't fight hard enough nor believed they could wrestle back something out of the game.

Tremendous individual performances right throughout our team. Only downside for me was McGinn but we expect him to be shite against them as he always is. Church reminded us what good strong CF's should be in terms of holding position. Made Rooney look ordinary even though Rooney's excellent goals record this season-to-date is far from ordinary. Shinnie immense. Logan made some crucial stops. Too many positives to mention. Loved it.

The bit about Celtic not fighting back is definitely a quality that they've lost since MoN left. Even if we went 2-0 up against that team I would fully expect them to fight back for at least a point. Although I think their team was a lot better in that era.

But I think you're being harsh on McGinn. He was full of effort and hassled Celtic when they had the ball and always looked to hurt them when he had the ball. He also assisted twice last season when we beat them 2-1. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder whose idea it was for that show of solidarity towards the huddle. (Still can't find a decent picture of it!) Not something I've seen us do before but if we back it up during play I'm all for it.

Looks like it was DM's. Had recorded the game as I wanted to see what Hans Gillhaus had to say and watched a bit of it last night - when the boys were doing that he was just staring at them, almost imploring them not to break.

There is a photo of it doing the rounds taken from the RDS, it looks like the guys are linked by arms around shoulders, then at the end Reynolds and Shinnie are holding hands, quite cute...

Looks like it was DM's. Had recorded the game as I wanted to see what Hans Gillhaus had to say and watched a bit of it last night - when the boys were doing that he was just staring at them, almost imploring them not to break.

There is a photo of it doing the rounds taken from the RDS, it looks like the guys are linked by arms around shoulders, then at the end Reynolds and Shinnie are holding hands, quite cute...

Hope you had time to watch Walkers breakdown. Best bit of sports television in a long time.

Found a link.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

edit.

That's highly entertaining, things must be grim for him to be calling  a penalty and a red card against his beloved Celtic.  Gillhaus kept the fire stoked nicely with his 'I've not seen scottish football in quite a while but aye, celtic are a bit pish eh?' rhetoric.