Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Tims - 03/02/16 - 7:45PM

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are at least one player short of picking a competent team. With the injury to Jack - and I'm not his biggest fan but he at least can play - Storie stays in for him (rightly in my view) but we have more cover in defence and very few options in midfield and up front.

Logan, Taylor, Reynolds and Shinnie should pick itself but my fear - in fact he probably thinks he has no other option - is that he will make room for Considine and to do so, moves Shinnie out of LB.

He wil go

Brown

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

McGinn Maclean Storie Shinnie Hayes

Rooney

I would bench Consi and play Flood, who isn't good enough for a consistently winning team. Sure he can put in a great shift but they're getting fewer and fewer. His legs are over the hill.

The only other option is the Roda Aussie instead of Flood but I think 10 of the 11 should be in stone.

Our bench is very weak whatever he does.

I fully expect to come back this afternoon and find out it's been a terrible performance, that the defence has 'sold the jersies" and we've lost 0-2!

However, hope springs..........

Out

Touristing in Nashville

Touristing in Nashville

Touristing in Nashville

4 -0 to Aberdeen Rooney pen and a Hayes hattrick after rasellik fans annoy him making dog-barking noises!

Shinnie has been outstanding

He has to be in the next Scotland squad. I worry about how long he will be a Dons player. Far too good for this league.

Great result tonight. How Stephen McLean is a top class referee is beyond me. Victim FC should have been reduce to 9 at least.

Walker's melt down on Sky was glorious.

He has to be in the next Scotland squad. I worry about how long he will be a Dons player. Far too good for this league.

Great result tonight. How Stephen McLean is a top class referee is beyond me. Victim FC should have been reduce to 9 at least.

He's also got to keep the captains armband once jack is back. He absolutely has to.

All the officials had a shocker, how we didn't have a penalty (and a strong case for a red card) I'll never understand.

I'll never tire of watching Walker post match either, get it right up you, greetin' faced prick.

wasn't it just? Loved that Gilhaus Clearly thought he was talking sh*t about how he (walker) would sack Deila tomorrow.

I thought young Storie had a great game, and Shinnie's tackling is immense. brick wall of a defender.

that said, Celtic were awful tonight. for a team just pumped out of a cup by a minnow in comparison, it was a half arsed attempt at salvation. First 25 mins they looked up for it, then when we scored against the run of play they just stopped, which is a great sign (for us)in a team that has a chase for their title.

The one worry I have is that we do our f**k ups elsewhere and let them off the hook for their results against us. but enough of the pessimism. lets enjoy tonight!

wasn't it just? Loved that Gilhaus Clearly thought he was talking sh*t about how he (walker) would sack Deila tomorrow.

I thought young Storie had a great game, and Shinnie's tackling is immense. brick wall of a defender.

that said, Celtic were awful tonight. for a team just pumped out of a cup by a minnow in comparison, it was a half arsed attempt at salvation. First 25 mins they looked up for it, then when we scored against the run of play they just stopped, which is a great sign (for us)in a team that has a chase for their title.

The one worry I have is that we do our f**k ups elsewhere and let them off the hook for their results against us. but enough of the pessimism. lets enjoy tonight!

I didn't think storie started well but my god he fairly grew in stature as the game went on. Barring almost having a nosebleed when he found himself on the edge of their box I thought he was excellent once he got into the game.

I hadn't realised just how badly Celtic have been at rescuing games or getting anything when faced with a bit of adversity, which is a hell of a bonus for us.

I also didn't realise that in the last 11 games (since our last league loss) we are apparently 4 points better off than Celtic, keep that up and the league is ours... Need to keep the focus but it's definitely achievable.

I didn't think storie started well but my god he fairly grew in stature as the game went on. Barring almost having a nosebleed when he found himself on the edge of their box I thought he was excellent once he got into the game.

I hadn't realised just how badly Celtic have been at rescuing games or getting anything when faced with a bit of adversity, which is a hell of a bonus for us.

I also didn't realise that in the last 11 games (since our last league loss) we are apparently 4 points better off than Celtic, keep that up and the league is ours... Need to keep the focus but it's definitely achievable.

Excellent post. Totally agree that Storie appeared nervous to start but came onto a hell of a game. He and Shinnie were immense, McLean and Logan were effective as were Reynolds and Taylor.

An absolute superb performance last night.

Ok we were up against it a bit form the start but we defended well and when our chances came in the first half we took them!! Hayes with a belter and it was good to see Church get a debut goal.

I actually thought we were better in the second half than we were in the first, we were getting in to Celtic a bit more and they just did not like that at all. Storie I thought started a bit shaky but he really came in to the game and was very impressive in the second half. Top Don for me though was Shinnie, superb from start to finish and his work rate is excellent. I know some people think it doesn't matter who the captain is but I really hope he keeps the band even when Jack returns.

Officials once again were not up to it, probably should have had a penalty and how Kazim Richards did not get sent off is beyond me.

Overall a great performance and a great night! #COYR

Hard not to echo most of the comments made by others already. As bad as Celtic were, we were brilliant despite the officials pathetic attempts at denying us everything from a throw in to a stonewall penalty. The dhims are definitely there for the taking and the team can take so much positivity from this result and performance. Bigger test is the St Johnstone game imo. We don't fare well down there and we really can't afford to drop points. But, we seem to have some bite in storie and confidence should be sky high.

Shinnie (as many of us has suspected) should be and is a better captain the Jack. Would be an absolute shame if he were to lose the armband. What a performance.

Cannot stop watching this:

Well well. Some ambition shown to win a game deservedly rewarded with 3 pts.

I said that 10 of the 11 starters were "in stone" but I would never have guessed that he would have gone 4-4-2 and put Church on. I thought he would have gone for Consi, I was wondering Flood but Derek was more ambitious than that.

Totally against the run of play, Hayes scored a belter. Craig Gordon was slow to react but nothing detracts from the quality of the strike. When Church followed up with a second, it was dreamland.

Celtic were very poor but still managed to dominate possession in the first half. They were very poor in the final third though and Brown didn't have any tough saves to make. What was most telling about the "champions-elect" was how mentally weak they were. Having been delivered a body blow and being on the wrong end of a flattering scoreline, they didn't fight hard enough nor believed they could wrestle back something out of the game.

Tremendous individual performances right throughout our team. Only downside for me was McGinn but we expect him to be shite against them as he always is. Church reminded us what good strong CF's should be in terms of holding position. Made Rooney look ordinary even though Rooney's excellent goals record this season-to-date is far from ordinary. Shinnie immense. Logan made some crucial stops. Too many positives to mention. Loved it.