Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

County - Dons - sun 1215

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great resolve today from the team today and credit to brown who did pretty well I thought.

Yes he did well today. He had no chance at the goals and he was lucky.

For the hard of thinking and those who lack sufficient imagination, attributing luck is a compliment.

We make our own luck most of the time and he made his. A great reaction save with his right hand in the first half from a pretty good head flick-glance and stood up well to a couple of balls blasted straight at him. Well done Broon.

Resolve was indeed in evidence right from the off. Now I want to know why? Where the fuck has this level of commitment been all too often in the last 3/4 months? Why did it suddenly appear today? They're obviously a weak collective bunch in that they're not sufficiently motivated enough of the time - like EVERY time they put on the shirt - but what changed?

With the right attitude and application, this squad would have been more than good enough to challenge a shit Celtic. It is the value of consistency that these footballers / the manager and coaches / this club fails to appreciate.

Interesting start to the game from us - very fast start, much like the Dundee and Killie away matches before Christmas, in both games the result was a formality after not very long at all. We didn't get the early goals today but the game plan didn't change much when down to 10 men and a goal down. Both full backs sitting very high up the park, almost as secondary wingers.

Today was a great 3 points and credit to all concerned, but you need to ask why are we not starting every match in similar fashion? Ok, it may not always come off depending on opposition tactics, but we were sleepwalking last week at Tynecastle, whereas today we were right at it. We need to keep playing at that tempo.

Mark Reynolds - what a position he got himself in at the sending off, absolutely terrible - far too close to Taylor and he had no idea where their striker was. 

I have to say I am rapidly losing faith in Reynolds. He had a stinking season last season and he's not improved on that this season. To me, I think it's looking more and more likely that he needed Anderson next to him.  I would imagine playing next to Taylor can't be great as it's always in the back of your mind that he's going to go walkabout or fanny about once too often, but Reynolds looks as though he needs someone holding his hand at the moment and for our senior player in the starting XI to look like that, it really isn't good enough.  Credit to Considine though who had a positive game when he came on.

Mark Reynolds - what a position he got himself in at the sending off, absolutely terrible - far too close to Taylor and he had no idea where their striker was. 

I have to say I am rapidly losing faith in Reynolds. He had a stinking season last season and he's not improved on that this season. To me, I think it's looking more and more likely that he needed Anderson next to him.  I would imagine playing next to Taylor can't be great as it's always in the back of your mind that he's going to go walkabout or fanny about once too often, but Reynolds looks as though he needs someone holding his hand at the moment and for our senior player in the starting XI to look like that, it really isn't good enough.  Credit to Considine though who had a positive game when he came on.

Absolutely, have long thought the same and Derek Rae said the same thing on the BTM Aberdeen podcast last week. We're now seeing how good he was. It's why Consi and Reynolds will never work, both require babysitting. Quinn for me is a guy who's a bit more reliable than Consi / Reynolds / Taylor. I still think we need a commanding CB because the above 3 are fine on their day but prone to fuck ups. Reynolds just isn't what he was alongside Anderson.

Just me that thought the boy dived to get Reynolds sent off? Reynolds touched the boy's shoulder and he hit the deck.

Yeh, I mentioned it a page back, thought it was a dive. Not to blame the referee like, I didn't think it was something he should have spotted in real time. Weirdly, I expect if we challenged it on those grounds, it'd still get a red card for touching the player. Fitba is a contact sport, and I think there has to be more focus on whether a player tried to stay up or not. I think there should be a change to put the onus on players to stay on their feet, with the benefit of doubt going to the defender. The contact should have to merit the player going down. Difficult to judge I know.

Just me that thought the boy dived to get Reynolds sent off? Reynolds touched the boy's shoulder and he hit the deck.

Fine performance though. Both before and after the red card incident.

I do think there was contact but not too sure if it was enough to warrant a penalty though.  Must admit that Reynolds should have been smarter than to get himself in that situation though, he's an experienced defender and shouldnt have given the ref any decision to make at all.