Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jeremy Cor Blimey

Jez would win the General Election v. that mad cow, all day every day.

The people are sick of establishment politics. We're screaming for change.

Their attempts to undermine Corbyn are so see through even the Sun readers are catching on.

Goanyerselmin Jeremiah.

He's a fuck up really in terms of leadership credentials but at least he has integrity.

Substance was always more important than style.

Steady ;)

Unbelievable the amount that voted to upgrade trident.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very believable. Pointless bit of kit that should have been binned years ago. Get the fuck out of NATO as well.

I know, that's the sad truth of it all. It was as sad as it was predictable.  I've had a few debates with random fuckwits on fezbook over the past few days trying to understand why they think it deters anything.  They have absolutely zero comebacks because when you mention that there is no "terrorist island", we have no fucking thing to target, and in all likelihood, if we're being nuked, we'll be fucked anyway.  We can't even put boots on our troops, why the fuck would we be competent enough to even know how to launch a nuke or keep it within budget.

The amount of good that money could do for the country is unreal.

Of course you know who profits the most from us voting for Trident.

That's right, Uncle Samuel. We've got a great company in Cambridge (now sold to the Japs) but we still pay excessive disproportional amounts to the yoo ess of ay for computer functionality on obsolete technology on WMD. How many of those billions are kicked back to private individuals in London, further monies stolen from the public purse?

Aye, but jobs, ken?

Fucking moronic argument from the GMB. It highlights the huge issue with a union having such sway over a political party. Whilst better than a corporation having huge sway over a political party, it's still a fucked up situation. One of the reasons I've never voted Labour is because of this compromise (and Tony Blair, obviously).

I have too many reasons to articulate why I've never voted Labour. And they're mostly the same reasons why I've never voted Tory

Whilst I like the sentiments expressed by George Carlin, I just can't bring myself to fully accept his persuasive argument not to vote at all. I may vote Corbyn next GE however, forgetting Scotland for one vote only. Much as I will feel dirty voting the same way as the weegie and Kirkcaldy scum who don't have the capacity to think, in my case it would be a vote for the man rather than the party and a faint hope that he can revolutionise the political system.

Always the optimist, even when the realistic odds scream no.

I was involved in similar "debates" on Facebook recently. Couldn't believe some of the shit I was reading. Folk convinced that "Trident protects us every minute of every day" and then in the same sentence they've got the cheek (and ignorance) to call me stupid. It's also amazing how everyone can get so mad at SNP for voting against these WMDs. They harp on about jobs and I believe one person was of the opinion that "losing Trident would kill the local economy". I'm nae expert on Trident but I believe it holds about 1200 jobs? Half a million jobs have gone from the Energy sector and I'm still waiting for the local economy to crash. I find it hard to put into words how frustrating it is listening to fucking spastics who are pro-Trident just because they're anti-SNP and who put 1200 jobs above the safety of everyone living near where these weapons are housed or living near where these weapons are eventually deployed. These thick fucks have no grasp whatsoever of how fucking nasty these weapons are and how pointless they are. I have never been more keen to separate ourselves as a country from these bat shit crazy war mongoring pychos.

And these same folk have the cheek to look down their noses at America and their bollocks political system and their fucking bollocks political candidates.

It's all fucked. Corbyn's leadership is maybe questionable but he is our only hope.

Personally my biggest bug bear with the jobs argument is how short sighted it is.

There was a Union Rep on Radio Scotland at the weekend harping on about 10000 jobs depending on building these new submarines and how skills will be lost etc etc. A fair argument perhaps but at no point was it asked 'what happens to these jobs when these submarines are finished?

I believe it can take up to 14 years to design and build a nuclear submarine but given parts are apparently already being constructed on Rosyth I'm guessing there is now less than 10 years work in this so come 2025 those workers will be left in Limbo again and no one seems to be thinking in terms of a sustainable future for engineering/ manufacturing etc

Oil Industry appears to finally be getting its balls kicked (given the amount of money the have paid out to some people (me included) I'm surprised its taken this long)

Remains to be seen if Honda, Nissan, Subaru etc stick around if article 50 is ever triggered.

And yet the only industry which appeared to have a chance of a future (renewable energy) in which Scotland is supposedly one of the world leaders has had its government subsidies removed.

But then again 10 years from now is 2 general elections away so it will be someone else's problem

• 6 months later...

I look forward to the day it happens.

Seriously? Whilst more convenient for holidays, it's a fucking disaster of a currency, by design. It only came to being through being shat out of an argument between France and Germany, and its lack of recycling mechanism would kill Scotland. Or it might not, but on the other hand we'd be profiting at the serious expense of Greece, Ireland or some other victim. It completely lacks the "in it together" design that the US dollar has (for example), and goes against everything that the European project is supposed to promote. It's a disgrace, and Scotland should stay the fuck away from it.

Just read the book 'Comrade Corbyn' and a very good read it was too. Quite scary to think folk are scared of this guy who is principled and doesn't sell his politcal soul to the lobby groups. I have far more in common with Corbyn than I do with any other front line politicians.

Great post. I've not read the book but the unprecedented demonisation of the man first alerted me to something important. The status quo - Blair, Cameron, May, EU, ECB, IMF, Clinton, Bush, Obama - needs to be smashed and it's not currencies or political parties that matter here. Andy Burnham and Ed Milliband were more of the same but as with many things (not political), the USA are leading the way. Trump is the antithesis of Corbyn but they have one crucial vision in common. Whether Trump will be allowed to deliver is one thing. Whether Corbyn gets the opportunity is the other.

As usual, PCR nailed it: -

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/01/20/trumps-declaration-war/

Yes seriously.

Suffers mainly from insidious attempts by the yanks to keep the dollar as the worlds leading currency.

The English of course, are more concerned with having the queens head on everything.

It suffers from its own atrocious design, that is all. It fucks the countries that need a leg up, whilst rewarding those who least need it. The yanks are dicks, but they back up their states through their currency.

Great post. I've not read the book but the unprecedented demonisation of the man first alerted me to something important. The status quo - Blair, Cameron, May, EU, ECB, IMF, Clinton, Bush, Obama - needs to be smashed and it's not currencies or political parties that matter here. Andy Burnham and Ed Milliband were more of the same but as with many things (not political), the USA are leading the way. Trump is the antithesis of Corbyn but they have one crucial vision in common. Whether Trump will be allowed to deliver is one thing. Whether Corbyn gets the opportunity is the other.

As usual, PCR nailed it: -

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/01/20/trumps-declaration-war/

I cant argue with that. The trouble with main stream political parties Lab, Cons and the Lib Dems is there are all  right of center, just some are more right than others. Corbyn fits into the old left mould that was one old Labour and thats why the media and politicians are vilifying him. Plotically, there is very little between the 3 main political parties at the moment and it's one of the main reasons why the SNP have been so successful up here, because they truly offer an alternative. Only once the parties start splitting up, will we see a return to true left and right politics UK wide.

I cant argue with that. The trouble with main stream political parties Lab, Cons and the Lib Dems is there are all  right of center, just some are more right than others. Corbyn fits into the old left mould that was one old Labour and thats why the media and politicians are vilifying him. Plotically, there is very little between the 3 main political parties at the moment and it's one of the main reasons why the SNP have been so successful up here, because they truly offer an alternative. Only once the parties start splitting up, will we see a return to true left and right politics UK wide.

Fuck all 'left' about Corbyn if he's going to insist on his MPs voting on triggering an Article 50 that will deliver a hard brexit. For a man so principled, why didn't he just come out and say he wanted Brexit during the campaigning?

SNP are Tory Lite when it comes to taxes. Thankfully the Greens are on their case.

• 3 months later...

The "strong and stable leadership" guff being peddled by the tories is insidiously aimed at Corbyn. They are insinuating that the opposition are weak and fractured. This is not promotion of their own philosophies. It is sneering at the alternative. Exclusively negative campaigning with nothing positive to say. The complicit media have been in on it from day one. These torys aren't human. They are anti human. In their posh schools, it is institutionally implied that they are the ruling classes and their contempt for the rest of us is apparent in everything that they do.

I'm continually amazed at the stupidity of people but voting conservative is unfathomably stupid.

The "strong and stable leadership" guff being peddled by the tories is insidiously aimed at Corbyn. They are insinuating that the opposition are weak and fractured. This is not promotion of their own philosophies. It is sneering at the alternative. Exclusively negative campaigning with nothing positive to say. The complicit media have been in on it from day one. These torys aren't human. They are anti human. In their posh schools, it is institutionally implied that they are the ruling classes and their contempt for the rest of us is apparent in everything that they do.

I'm continually amazed at the stupidity of people but voting conservative is unfathomably stupid.

It's impressive in its nature. Utterly fucked up of course. Lynton Crosby is the cunt behind it. Economist cunt. The most pathetic of pseudo-sciences. He was also behind using the phrase "hard-working" in every single sentence in the last election (by implication, the unemployed are the source of all societies problems). It's a despicable form of politics. A better politician than Corbyn would have jumped on it though; and perhaps he still will. If he'd got one of his minions at PMQs yesterday to mimic them in a question to May, repeating "strong and stable leadership" over and over again in a piss taking fashion, it'd have soon shut them up. They just need to call it out.  As do the media. I was very surprised when Kwasi Kwarteng was on Channel 4 news the other night and repeated a couple of times that the interviewer wasn't all over it. The media don't have to be snide or attacking, they just have to ask them to stop repeating it. If politics was really designed to be for the people, then phrases like that would be cleaned out. We'll never progress as a country or species if we continue to base our advancement on unmeasurable attributes such as leadership.