Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Straw/Camels Back

I really, really hate to say this after such a short juncture again, but that is it for me.

That was utterly soul destroying. One man up front, in a one legged semi final. I am disgusted, to be honest. At one point tonight Severin screamed at Nicholson for not picking someone up in his right midfield role, Nicholson had to tell Severin that he wasn't playing right midfield. That was after ten minutes. And yet Calderwood stands on the touchline with his hands on his hips after two minutes of the game as if the players are just automatically disobeying him. Not on I'm afraid. That was utterly shocking tonight. I'll have a shit load in the morning/if i make it into work, but i'm going to bed now. Totally and utterly gutted.

'night dandies.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be the last straw for many judging by the volume of people who left after that 4th goal. Its been a long time since I've seen Aberdeen fans streaming towards the exits with 20 minutes to go.

I've got admiration for those who stayed, but I also think they need mental help as watching Utd take us apart was unbearable for me.

Anyway, can't be fucked with it and hope to get through work tomorrow without even talking about football.

As i've mentioned elsewhere, i'll now be looking forward to my refund as I couldn't make it tonight! (thank fuck for that eh!) I was not surprised to hear that people were streaming out so early. Calderwood goes on about letting the fans down, why does he keep saying this and not doing anything logical about it?!? Its a farce. I'm going to enjoy the Bayern game and that will be me for the season I think. I know a few people are saying the same as you BB. The club needs to realise that this is the sole reason why the fans are leaving the club. Its patently obvious to everyone bar the club.

In supporters club thread a couple of weeks ago question was asked who was going to cup game 2nd Feb. My answer was along the lines of I intended to put as much effort into attending the game as alot of our players put into games.... i.e. fuck all.

I will be at Pittodrie on Sunday as train tickets bought weeks ago and ST holder. I will be at Bayern games home and away as again tickets bought and travel arranged.

After that.... tbh if performances don't improve I won't be there.

I have never been so disillusioned for years

I must say I concur with the thoughts put forward in this thread.

I stayed to the bitter end - fuck knows why.

Consistently playing players out of position (Severin, Considine, Mackie out wide) and then asking questions why we're playing so poorly and not winning matches?  Step forward Mr Calderwood and take some responsibility for once.  He can't be held responsible for individual errors and the continually abysmal Jackie McNamara.  What he can be held responsible for is the shoddy defensive football we've played this season and the fact we've now been unceremoniously pumped by a three goal margin four times in the last 2 months shows that his tactics are not working.

I've become more disillusioned with Calderwood every passing week.  Time to stand up and be counted you clueless idiot.

I've become more disillusioned with Calderwood every passing week.  Time to stand up and be counted you clueless idiot.

I couldnt make it to the game last night (which i was initially gutted about) so i cant really comment about the perfomance/result etc.... but i agree with your sentiments totally, since the turn of the year i've been getting more and more frustrated with calderwoods decisions, tactics, general cluelessness.

It's painfully obvious to anyone who has seen us play over the last while that we are simply not performing to our capabilities and serious questions need to be asked as to why this keeps happening.

Simple answer really. Our performances have gone downhill since ... well, since Copenhagen. But in actual fact, it's since JC and his band of merry men signed their new contracts. Those contracts were signed on the understanding that if everything went pearshaped this season, he and his men would not be held accountable.

So, basically, he doesn't have to give a shit about the team. Regardless of where we end up in all competitions, he will be here next season.

But I think Wiggy may think otherwise if the fans start deserting the team in their thousands over the next few weeks. Normally the final few matches are the busiest crowd-wise. I think this season will be different. I believe February will see an end to our SPL and UEFA Challenges, and March will see an end to our Scottish Cup campaign. If these all happen, the fans WILL turn!

In supporters club thread a couple of weeks ago question was asked who was going to cup game 2nd Feb. My answer was along the lines of I intended to put as much effort into attending the game as alot of our players put into games.... i.e. fuck all.

I will be at Pittodrie on Sunday as train tickets bought weeks ago and ST holder. I will be at Bayern games home and away as again tickets bought and travel arranged.

After that.... tbh if performances don't improve I won't be there.

I have never been so disillusioned for years

This pretty much sums up my feeling also.

We have no devine right to expect to win every game BUT we do have the right to expect effort, commitment and tacitcal awareness. Passed the comments to my boys on the way home last night, sick fed up of shelling out loads of £ week in week out for nothing in return.

Bayern home and away for me, return from Germany on the saturday, will be at Rugby Park the following day [ only because its only ten miles away ] and thereafter I have serious reservations about making much effort to attend games. Actually feel I'd be better off going to watch junior football, not only financially but health wise >:(

The players have shown they can play to the standard required (Copenhagen, Dundee Utd at home, Hibs at home) but the lack of consistency is shocking, half the time they either don’t know what they are meant to be doing or they just don’t look like they care.

And why Calderwood persists in avoiding playing 4-4-2 is beyond me, we've shown that our team can play very well using this system but the tombola always takes priority! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Losing Anderson really shouldn’t have made such a difference to our defence either, and if it was obvious in pre season that it was weakening us that much Calderwood should have replaced him, and replaced him properly instead of picking different defensive line ups every game.

Bayern home and away for me, return from Germany on the saturday, will be at Rugby Park the following day [ only because its only ten miles away ] and thereafter I have serious reservations about making much effort to attend games. Actually feel I'd be better off going to watch junior football, not only financially but health wise >:(

You're not going to the cup quarter final then?

The most annoying thing for me is that if you're playing in a game where things are just not going your way.  You think "fuck this!!", grab the ball and try to fucking do something about it.

Well I do.

Obviously this doesn't apply if you are a professional being paid by AFC.

Professional is a term I'd use very loosely to many currently taking a wage from AFC.

Professional is a term I'd use very loosely to many currently taking a wage from AFC.

I think is the crux of the matter for me.

We don't have anyone smart or aware enough to change things on the park when events necessitate changes.

We have very little in the way of driven or motivated players though as said previously, in a cup semi final, the first for 7 years, all the motivation should be laid out in front of you.

To a man, their heads should be hanging in fucking shame but somehow I doubt whether it is a matter of any consequence to them.

To a man, their heads should be hanging in fucking shame but somehow I doubt whether it is a matter of any consequence to them.

Nail.On.The.Head

None of the players give a fuck apart from Diamond. Motivation and drive can go a long way to cover up a lack of skill. If the players cant get up for a Semi Final, ship them out.

I think a lot of them feel like telling the newspapers about how much the game means to them is all they need to do. 

I've read countless reports this week from various players telling all and sundry about how much it would mean to them to win the semi final and take aberdeen to hampden.

Actions speak louder than words lads - You should all be fucking ashamed of yourselves. 

Last night for me showed that a team full of players who give 100% effort (Young, Foster, Mackie etc) but have very little ability will never win anything. United last night had guys who could trap and pass a ball while we had a team of players who could run fast. When it comes to winning things you need the players who can create that chance that will win you the game. Smith is only player at Dons who can do that currently but he is never fit.

Not sure where we go from here.

It has been patently obvious to the regular supporters that the players are not playing to their full capabilities in this 4-5-1 formation.  Why can't the manager see that?  I'm all for giving things time to settle, but it's showing no signs of doing so, because as I say above, it has contributed to four drubbings in two months.

It's not so much that the writing is on the wall, than it is daubed in 6ft high capital letters in bright red, wearing a no9 on its back and screaming "my name is Steve Lovell and I score goals so play a 4-4-2 and give me a f*cking game you clueless c*nt".

He's had his chances.  Numerous chances

When has he been given a run in the team? Miller for example has now played 9 without scoring yet Jimmy still picks him Lovell does not score in one match he is dropped the next.

Would like to see Lovell being given a run in the team with a settled strike partner to see if they can maybe build a partnership.