Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Falkirk cup replay: match thread

Sportscene is on tonight, so I'd imagine they'll be on there.

Aye,but expect forty minutes of the thriller, Huns V E Stirling, fifteen minutes of Murderwell v LSC, and the remaining five minutes split 60/40 in our favour over the Partick v Dunfermline game ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just subscribe to Redtv.

It's only about a fiver a month, the cash goes to the club and you'll never have to watch the muck that is Sportscene ever again.

i am already subscribed to it, highlights still nae up yet though. suspect they might not contracturally [?? ] be able to stick them up til after Sportscene tonight ???

I used to subscribe to it, but I could never get the audio to work on match days. The main reason I got it was when I went back home to holland I could listen to games, but when it didn't work, didn't see the point. Though I do miss listening to the "exclusive" interviews. I might just have to watch sportscene or hope it gets on youtube.

Aye,but expect forty minutes of the thriller, Huns V E Stirling, fifteen minutes of Murderwell v LSC, and the remaining five minutes split 60/40 in our favour over the Partick v Dunfermline game ;)

42 minutes of the huns game to be precise.  although that included a wankfest over how good Kris Boyd is because he scored a hattrick against the worst team in the scottish leagues.

Couldn't believe how bad the coverage was, but then again, i wasn't entirely surprised. ::)

I used to subscribe to it, but I could never get the audio to work on match days. The main reason I got it was when I went back home to holland I could listen to games, but when it didn't work, didn't see the point. Though I do miss listening to the "exclusive" interviews. I might just have to watch sportscene or hope it gets on youtube.

Was playing up to start with but I haven't had a problem with it sticking or cutting out for almost a year.

Was playing up to start with but I haven't had a problem with it sticking or cutting out for almost a year.

I had it for two years, it was perfect for one year, then suddenly I just couldn't listen to any live commentary. Watched sportscene last night. What a hun wankfest! But more importantly, great highlights, from what a i saw. Even my liverpool supporting house mate was impressed!

I had it for two years, it was perfect for one year, then suddenly I just couldn't listen to any live commentary. Watched sportscene last night. What a hun wankfest! But more importantly, great highlights, from what a i saw. Even my liverpool supporting house mate was impressed!

That shouldn't surprise you, have you watched Liverpool recently?

Highlights here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPpFiMB_Eg

You've got to say some of that was bloody impressive.  If it had been Hibs playing like that the Scotsport studio would have resembled an accident in a milk factory.

:AFC2:

Mate, if it was Hibs that we BEAT it would still have been a pan handle show!

Remember we dismantled them at Pittodrie there, they sat cocks in hand over the Fletcher goal and then said "and here's Aberdeens three jammy efforts, anyway, Hibs eh oooh oooh oooh OOOOOOOHHHH, Grant, that's a lovely pearl gumshield"

It just begs the question, why don't we play like that more often, and why don't we play 4-4-2 more often!??! Clearly this is how and when we turn it on against opposition. Even from that footage, Lovell looks like he had a decent game  :-\

We do play 4-4-2  a lot, just sometimes we play it badly.

Our formation doesn't seem to matter away from home, we just seem to hit the shit button.

I think we sometimes only do it when we really have to, at times we seem to just go through the motions.  We do look great when it's all out attack, Rangers last May, 2nd half against Copenhagen, Tuesday night.  Fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow.

Guest Shabba Ranks

Do you think (away from home) its become such an issue now that its become a psychological barrier for them, and they play shit because of it? I just don't get it, how they can vary so much.

Last season, with Anderson at the back, we were pretty solid so could soak up pressure in games and hit teams on the counter-attack (especially with Mackie's pace up-front).  This was perfect for away games where the home team usually does most of the pressing.

This season we're a bit more vulnerable at the back, and I've noticed that they push higher up the pitch more and are a bit more 'gung-ho'.  With Miller up front, they play a more direct style of football as opposed to last season.  This suits us at home.

Guest Shabba Ranks

We've really missed Mackie.

I never thought I'd agree with that, as I really don't rate him, but his pace does stretch teams at the back.