Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

KFP,theres a few strains of blues,from the old Black guys like Howlin Wolf,Muddy Waters,John Lee Hooker,BB King to guitar based ones which I prefer like Stevie Ray Vaughan

Robert Cray is bluesy with good lyrics 

Never been into folk that much but Aoife ODonovan is a modern day acoustic/folk singer I can listen to

Wow. Aoife O'Donovan fantastic. Never heard of her.

Different strokes etc. - couldn't listen to the other two!

Hendo, with rocket on this one, Vaughan is someone that's always recommended to me, but I've never been able to get into him for one reason or another. But that O'Donovan was a pleasant surprise, nice voice and easy listening, will look more into her  :thumbsup:

I've been salivating for last few months at drummer Phil Selway from 2.15 to 2.25 where he hits his kit thirteen times before going off screen.  This one bit has taken me to another planet right now emotionally!!!!  Not even a fan of Radiohead but curiously bought In Rainbows album and found this Live performance which we adore.  I believe it is the apparent peace in his face that I crave myself.   

• 1 month later...

Series 5 of GF Newmans 'The Corrupted' is currently on BBC Sounds

Series 1-4 have also been re-added so you can start from the beginning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b050z5cf

If you haven't heard of it, its the story of one particular family told by the son who is in prison for a crime he didnt commit with each series covering a different decade in UK history (each episode covers 1 year) with fictional characters being written into 'true history'. So you get people like the Krays, Thatcher, Major, Blair etc.

Series 1 - 1950s

Series 2 - 1960s

Series 3 - 1970s

Series 4 - 1980s

Series 5 - 1990s

Part of me wants everything done and dusted after this series but another wants to see how the Character's deal with Blair's exploits and the 2008 crash, and perhaps even how they could deal with Corona virus.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, KennyFuckinPowers said:

@BigAl Any Album/songs in particular? I know who she is, but never listened to her. 

Well now that's the sixty four million dollar question KFP.

There are simply loads to chose from.

I frequently find myself gravitating back to these two albums so would probably have to say these are my favourites.

Heart Like A Wheel & Simple Dreams

Not only does she have a beautiful voice she was extremely pleasant on the eye back in the day ?