Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Killie

Same team as v Hibs? Or do you reckon Seve will come straight back in?

I would love to see Aluko start but not a chance Dung or Clark will be dropped after the hibs game.

According to RedWeb we've still got quite a few out too:

"As far as team news goes for us, all those that were out at the weekend are still out so that includes Darren Mackie, Jamie Smith and Jackie McNamara. Zander (Diamond) and Jeffrey (de Visscher) are both still out but will hopefully be fit again next week and Dan Smith is now out as he has been ill.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either Young or Clark will be dropped with Nicholson playing on the right.

Probably have Diamond in for Foster too which would have us looking at:

Langfield

Hart Diamond Byrne Mair

Nicholson Severin Touzani Clark

Miller Maguire

Wouldn't complain too much about that to be honest.

Looks like Killie are pretty goosed for this game. They could be without their entire first choice back 4. Grant Murray and David Lilley are out and Simon Ford looks doubtful with Frazer Wright struggling too but should make it. They will have  avery ropey backline in place and will possibly have to drag Fowler back into a full back role so will be weakened in midfield.

We need to go at them early and scare these boys in the back line. Get them pumped.  :AFC:

Guest Caroline B

I hope Severin comes back in. Hopefully being "rested" (another word for dropped?), will be the boot up the arse the guy has needed for a few weeks.

Who drops out? difficult to say as the whole team played very well last week. Regardless of Seve's form of late, he is still a good midfielder and I hope that the fans stop giving him a hard time. Last time I looked he was an Aberdeen player and I thought booing him onto the field last week was a bad and pointless reaction from a section of fans. Get behind the player and behind the team. Lets stick together through what could potentially exciting and vital time for the club, team and supporters.

I hope Severin comes back in. Hopefully being "rested" (another word for dropped?), will be the boot up the arse the guy has needed for a few weeks.

Who drops out? difficult to say as the whole team played very well last week. Regardless of Seve's form of late, he is still a good midfielder and I hope that the fans stop giving him a hard time. Last time I looked he was an Aberdeen player and I thought booing him onto the field last week was a bad and pointless reaction from a section of fans. Get behind the player and behind the team. Lets stick together through what could potentially exciting and vital time for the club, team and supporters.

unfortunateky booing him off is the only way to let them know you are not happy with their performances.

Seve shouldnt get a game tomorrow after touzani played very well. he will have to earn his place. we know he is a good midfielder but he doesnt show this often enough

Guest Nellie The Don

I wouldn't change the midfield from last week.

I wouldn't change the midfield from last week.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood today rubbished rumours that skipper Scott Severin could be leaving Pittodrie.

Severin looks set to be relegated to the bench for the second game in a row when the Dons entertain Kilmarnock tomorrow.

The fact the former Hearts midfielder was a substitute for last week's victory over Hibs has sparked speculation Severin could be moved out when the transfer window re-opens.

Calderwood laughed that off by saying: "That's all news to me."

When asked if Severin will still be with the Dons in the New Year, Calderwood added: "I would think so, he still has a fair bit of his contract to go.

"It's the silly season because the transfer window is about to open."

Calderwood also batted away the question on whether Severin would be dropped on to the bench again for the Killie game.

He replied: "I don't need to drop Seve again, he has already been dropped.

"Other players are champing at the bit as well, but it was a very good performance against Hibs, so there won't be wholesale changes.

"Leaving Seve out last week was a hard decision to make in the first place, but that's my job.

"If I have to make hard decisions again tomorrow to pick the team I think can win I will do it without a second thought."

Veteran midfielder Jackie McNamara could have already played his last game for the Dons. The 34-year-old, who is being linked with a move to Dunfermline as a player/coach, has been ruled out for seven weeks by a hamstring injury.

McNamara could already be back at East End Park by the time he is fit again.

Calderwood said: "His hamstring injury is worse than we thought and it could be six to seven weeks before he is fit.

"Until we know otherwise, we will be working on Jackie still playing for us by the time he is fit.

"He has been linked with Dunfermline, but there has been no approach for Jackie so far.

"If things stay that way it will be fine by us because he is a good player, we will just have to wait and see what develops."

Calderwood will today hold further talks with his five contract rebels - Michael Hart, Zander Diamond, Barry Nicholson, Jamie Langfield and Chris Clark - in he hope of persuading them to sign new deals by the end of next week.

Calderwood said: "I've spoken to Willie Miller and we agree it's about time we had some decisions.

"I don't know if my contract will be sorted out by the end of next week, but that's not so important because I'm not playing.

"It would be great for me and the club to see the players making a commitment ahead of the host of big games coming up."

Hopefully that means Touzani stays, Severin has to make do.