Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Killie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny once and boring when repeated. not having a go by the way.

i post on all 3 dons sites and have no problem with any of them

I actually find the repetition the funny part but each to their own. So do you think we should play Zander then ?  ;)

Looks like Killie are pretty goosed for this game. They could be without their entire first choice back 4. Grant Murray and David Lilley are out and Simon Ford looks doubtful with Frazer Wright struggling too but should make it. They will have  avery ropey backline in place and will possibly have to drag Fowler back into a full back role so will be weakened in midfield.

We need to go at them early and scare these boys in the back line. Get them pumped.  :AFC:

That possibly explains why when I went to put a bet on today at Hills the guy at the counter informed me the Dons' odds had gone from 10/11 (coupon prices) to 8/11.

Hope Touzani gets a game but I'd be tempted to stick big Zander and JDV in and take out Mair and Young for this one  8)

Agree with all but leaving out Young. He scored and did well against Hibs.

I would at all be annoyed if JDV did come in though.

But as someone has already said, we have to start like we fucking mean it, some chasing about like commanchees in a fucking looting frenzy!

Guest Nellie The Don

Agree with all but leaving out Young. He scored and did well against Hibs.

I would at all be annoyed if JDV did come in though.

But as someone has already said, we have to start like we fucking mean it, some chasing about like commanchees in a fucking looting frenzy!

:headinhandswaitingforajjasresponsesmilie:

Great result, and some other results going our way!  :thumbsup:

We were a different team in the 2nd half with Clark moved from central midfield.

Two games in a row we've come from behind; we don't do that very often!

3rd is definitely do-able.  This is turning into quite an exciting season...

Even injured i'd have Diamond in for Mair. Why does he not want to tackle people?!?!

Clark is not a central midfielder. Never has been, never will be.

Severin looks like he's got some of his drive back, but i'd be happier with him if some of his passing came back soon as well.

Shite, shite game. We scored more than they did though, so that'll do for me.

And that could be the difference between us getting into Europe next season, and us not. We're starting to pickup points where we shouldn't really be doing so. Picking up points even when we're playing shite is the hallmarks of a team that nick 3rd place. Same happened back in the 2001/02 season. There were some matches then when we just shouldn't have won, and by all means we were extremely lucky to win. But those wins helped put a brighter shine on a season that saw us sprinkle the heap of average games we had with occasional displays of brilliance! Could this be the same this season?

Absolutely superb result, but a terrible performance.

It was however the kind of game we have been losing this season, and also the kind of game we won, frequently, last season.  I think JC got things wrong to start with but he well done in making the changes at half time that certainly made a difference.  Problem is that without zander the defence is even more of a shambles and killie still had ample chances to win the game.

Looking at other results I don't see any reason why we won't finish third, which makes the crowd all the more disappointing.

Doesn't help when the away crowd can be fitted in a large people carrier.  Talking of the killie fns, fair play to them, singing throughout but what the fuck were the stewards and police doing?  I didn't see them do a thing wrong yet they were surrounded by police and stewards who seemed to kick out half of them throughout the game.  Totally over the top.

Aye, coppers and stewards certainly SEEMED a bit silly.

A good shit game. Some decent performances and another excellent, proper strikers goal by Miller, that contract getting dangled seems to motivate him but the service has been round where he needs it too, at last he's playing where he'll do his best stuff, in the fucking box.

Chris Clark went backwards again yesterday but he was stupidly played in centre mid, though it seems we were short there without Touzani. That old Touzani disease strikes again! :(

WTF has happened to Steve Lovell? Sometimes he looks like he's never played the game before never mind being a damn fine player!

Aye, coppers and stewards certainly SEEMED a bit silly.

A good shit game. Some decent performances and another excellent, proper strikers goal by Miller, that contract getting dangled seems to motivate him but the service has been round where he needs it too, at last he's playing where he'll do his best stuff, in the fucking box.

Chris Clark went backwards again yesterday but he was stupidly played in centre mid, though it seems we were short there without Touzani. That old Touzani disease strikes again! :(

WTF has happened to Steve Lovell? Sometimes he looks like he's never played the game before never mind being a damn fine player!

I swear he met Miller for the first time yesterday. Absolutely shocking level of link up play between the two.

I realy think Lovell should be punted in Jan to free up some wages for someone that can still play football

Aluko was disappointing yesterday. Tried to do too much often and went wandering from time to time leaving our left side exposed. For their goal he was nowhere to be seen on the left hand side which left Clark attempting to close down 2 people as Foster had also been dragged inside marking someone. I compared him to Ferne Snoyl in a discussion at Brussels airport on the way to Madrid and was shot down, but have heard one or two others make this comparison too (good impact in first few matches then shite).

The half time subs won the game for us. Not that Severin or Lovell changed the game themselves but moving Clark wide gave the side more balance and provided a bit more cover for Foster.

Byrne looked alright and was certainly better than Mair. Hopefully a Byrne & Diamond partnership can be given a shot when Diamond returns. I liked the look of Mair in his first few games but he's been awful in the last few.

Maguire wasn't rubbish but at the same time wasn't particularly good. Doesn't look like he'll be anything special but at times reminds me of Mackie when he first came into the side so who knows if he'll become a regular  :-\

Miller had another good game and probably deserved his Man of the Match award, though picking a MotM from that game can't have been easy.

Talking of the killie fns, fair play to them, singing throughout but what the fuck were the stewards and police doing?  I didn't see them do a thing wrong yet they were surrounded by police and stewards who seemed to kick out half of them throughout the game.  Totally over the top.

I was out in the pubs beforehand with my mate who is a Killie fan who were in the away end with some of his mates who had made the trip from Kilmarnock. All were good lads, and were the bunch who wore sombreros and wife-beaters at the baltic boxing day fixture last year!

Anyway, my mate said that it was Killie fans further behind them who were complaining to the police and stewards that they couldn't see the game due to their own fans standing in front of them! I think some things were probably said and the police had their cards marked for the rest of the game.

The guys decided to move to an empty part of the section (spoilt for choice!) but the police continued to insist that they sat down - even when there was no-one around them! A few were thrown out for being drunk but my mate informs me that they managed to find their way into the RDS lower deck.  ;D

Sad that these away fans were treated like this, and I doubt very much we'd see the same treatment to the thousands of OF fans who stand during matches! They were an easy target really.

(Not that I think standing is a problem, but highlights the double standards of Grampian plod.)  :wanker:  :wave: