Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Charlie Allan on the stay-away fans

OK

I get decent pay, but work all week and have "things" to do around the house/garden etc at weekends. I can only shop at weekends too as nearest supermarket and shops are a ferry ride away. I don't have the inclination (let alone time) to watch shitty live epl on the telly!

Round trip of c 450 miles to Pittodrie = £40 fuel (low estimate) and a full 9 hours out of my weekend just travelling. Add in the game, refreshments, comfort stops etc....12 hours min! No chance midweek games!

Add to that the wear and tear on my car, food/drink costs and £25 entry....it's nae really on.

I would LOVE to go to even some home games but it's just impractical. My fault I chose to come and work here, but if any fat useless superannuated penis like Allan thinks this makes me a "disgrace" or "stay-away" "Part-time" supporter he can stick a years supply of EEs up his arse and try working for a living.

Part-timer........christ. Watching the Atletico game I nearly screamed the house down!

I am a "TRUE" fan mr wankstain Allan.......what, exactly, are you?

you tell em madbad.

i wont make excuses. i dont always go because i A) cant be fucking arsed B) have something else on C) want to get pissed in the pub with mates who dont go to football.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

I get decent pay, but work all week and have "things" to do around the house/garden etc at weekends. I can only shop at weekends too as nearest supermarket and shops are a ferry ride away. I don't have the inclination (let alone time) to watch shitty live epl on the telly!

Round trip of c 450 miles to Pittodrie = £40 fuel (low estimate) and a full 9 hours out of my weekend just travelling. Add in the game, refreshments, comfort stops etc....12 hours min! No chance midweek games!

Add to that the wear and tear on my car, food/drink costs and £25 entry....it's nae really on.

I would LOVE to go to even some home games but it's just impractical. My fault I chose to come and work here, but if any fat useless superannuated penis like Allan thinks this makes me a "disgrace" or "stay-away" "Part-time" supporter he can stick a years supply of EEs up his arse and try working for a living.

Part-timer........christ. Watching the Atletico game I nearly screamed the house down!

I am a "TRUE" fan mr wankstain Allan.......what, exactly, are you?

Somehow I don't think he was referring to you. As said already, he was aiming it at the Aberdeenshire based fans who weren't there. I'm not suggesting he's right but there's no need for you (or me since I live just as far away, but without the need for a ferry) to get worked up about it. :headbanger:

But it is.

Is it?

In what way?

We have the largest travelling support outwith the OF.

Our gates aren't really that much down in comparison to the rest of the league even when we were winning things in the 80/90s.

Due to the industry in Aberdeen you'll find a decent proportion of the support out of reach of Pittodrie for 6 months of the year.  Couple that with the amount of people who live in the city that moved there for work and have no reason to take an interest in the team.

Then there's the folk who moan we're quiet at home.... We're only now getting something to sing about ffs.  Half of the faces around Madrid had open mouths when Joey Harper/Beachend Boys was being sung probably because they'd never heard it before.  I'd feel embarrassed singing about Leon Mike, John Stewart and who's yer fucking Dadi.

The only folk who say the support is shite is Charlie Allan who doesn't pay for his ticket, the club which has only begun to offer something worth being interested in and the diehards and travel a fair distance to get to Pittodrie.

If we were winning each week then I doubt we'd get more than 15k through the door outwith the OF.  I watched Aberdeen play Livingston six times in the same season one year.  Even I question my sanity for doing so.

Shite fans?  Pah!

Shite league more like and there's two teams to blame for that.

Better team than in plenty of years yet the attendances continue to plummet, yet we can get 6k away to United and Madrid, yet we get big numbers through the doors for Euro games and a full house for the last day of the season game vs the Huns.

The Aberdeen public seem pretty apathetic to the club and that apathy seems to be increasing, despite at last having something worth supporting.

I do agree that the league set-up is really horrible though the OF are not soley to blame. It needs increasing but Gretna have proved that there isn't much outside of the SPL to swell the numbers.

"Folk getting to watch the cream of European fitbaw on the box has left a whole generation thinking this is how fitbaw always is, and swallowing the big Sky Sports marketing ploy that is the premiership. Wasn't it John Lydon who said, ever get the feeling you've been had? And being asked £23 to watch the likes of St Mirren and Gretna is too much. Hertha Berlin was 7 euros or so to get in. I know most of the stadiums in certain countries abroad are owned by the toon cooncil but we pay far too much"

took this post from elsewhere as i totally agree this is major factor in decreasing attaendances everywhere.

the media is also a powerful tool used by hearts and hibs.

Hearts - Romanov has them beleiving they will win the in 5 years (only 2 to go)

Hibs - the media seem to have a massive erection for them yet they took a complete dooing from us on saturday

we dont use the media very well, either that or they just plain dont like us dons ;)

We certainly don't use the media well but I really do get the feeling, and have done for a long time, that the written media, even the Aberdonian based ones, aren't overly fond of AFC for some reason. The likes of Darryl Clubfoot and Hugh Keevins especially, really are nauseating idiots.

The likes of Walker et al on Shitesport? Well if you've seen it, you already know.

The kind of headlines and publicity we can generate from these sources won't help crowds or the general profile of the club with waivering fans.

Better team than in plenty of years yet the attendances continue to plummet, yet we can get 6k away to United and Madrid, yet we get big numbers through the doors for Euro games and a full house for the last day of the season game vs the Huns.

Does this actually surprise you?

Find me a team anywhere in the world that this wouldn't be the case.  The Tims sell out the Tattiebowl each fortnight but there were still more in Seville.

The Aberdeen public seem pretty apathetic to the club and that apathy seems to be increasing, despite at last having something worth supporting.

10+ years of dross and a couple decent seasons won't entice people back each and every home game.  There's plenty other draws for your stay away fan, just have a look of the number of OF shirts the kids are wearing in Aberdeen.  Even that didn't happen overnight.

I do agree that the league set-up is really horrible though the OF are not soley to blame. It needs increasing but Gretna have proved that there isn't much outside of the SPL to swell the numbers.

They are souly to blame due to taking the best players in the league and sticking them on a bench.  Taking the share of the spoils and then complaining there's no competition.

Why should they get more TV money?

Why shouldn't the money be split evenly 12 ways?

We certainly don't use the media well but I really do get the feeling, and have done for a long time, that the written media, even the Aberdonian based ones, aren't overly fond of AFC for some reason. The likes of Darryl Clubfoot and Hugh Keevins especially, really are nauseating idiots.

The likes of Walker et al on Shitesport? Well if you've seen it, you already know.

The kind of headlines and publicity we can generate from these sources won't help crowds or the general profile of the club with waivering fans.

i think it would help.

just look at hibs. we have finished above them the lst 2 season and yet its a media wankathon and they pull in the crowds because they apparently play brazil1970 football

I thought the money was split evenly, based upon league position etc.

As for players, thats up to them. It's the players showing a lack of ambition to sit on the OF bench, there are plenty of examples for them to see before they sign.

The AFC support at home is poor and getting worse despite relative success on the park. Them's the facts.

I thought the money was split evenly, based upon league position etc.

As for players, thats up to them. It's the players showing a lack of ambition to sit on the OF bench, there are plenty of examples for them to see before they sign.

The AFC support at home is poor and getting worse despite relative success on the park. Them's the facts.

a greater proportion of the domestic tv money goea to whoever finshes in the top 2

as for relative success and poor support. i blame sky.

i think it would help.

just look at hibs. we have finished above them the lst 2 season and yet its a media wankathon and they pull in the crowds because they apparently play brazil1970 football

Think you misunderstood me V14, I meant, as it stands, we won't generate much in the way of positive headlines to bring back in the lost souls. Those kind of writers just aren't interested in waxing lyrical about AFC.

10+ years of dross and a couple decent seasons won't entice people back each and every home game.

I think the really worrying thing is that attendances are still actually falling, despite having a more "successful" team in the last season and a half.

Hearts were actually doing some decent offers for the fans a while back which must have helped, along with giving away free strips and scarves to kids in their immediate area. That can't have done any harm.

Hibs have a reputation for good football which must bring in fans, whilst they also have a popular ex-player in charge.

We haven't really got/done any of those things, except maybe Willie Miller's role, although if you offered a choice of the three situations, based purely on a football basis I'd rather be in ours each and every time.

We haven't had a player who you'd go along to watch since I went along to watch Eion Jess in his second spell.  That can't really help either.  Half the time the team sheet is read out there's a collective groan for half the squad.

As for dropping the prices, I'm not sure if that'll help as you'll spend 20 quid on a Saturday afternoon, easily enough doing something else.  We need to be in the later stages of the cups and in Europe more often then you'd see the scramble for tickets to the smaller games.

I need not remind anyone about the panic caused by Madrid and I'll wager Copenhagen and the Hus tickets will be flying too.

We haven't had a player who you'd go along to watch since I went along to watch Eion Jess in his second spell.  That can't really help either.  Half the time the team sheet is read out there's a collective groan for half the squad.

As for dropping the prices, I'm not sure if that'll help as you'll spend 20 quid on a Saturday afternoon, easily enough doing something else.  We need to be in the later stages of the cups and in Europe more often then you'd see the scramble for tickets to the smaller games.

I need not remind anyone about the panic caused by Madrid and I'll wager Copenhagen and the Hus tickets will be flying too.

Don't disagree with any of that at all mate. Especially the first bit, we really lack a properly exciting player. For good or bad we have a squad of very hard working, proficient, pretty skillful but fairly uninspiring players.