Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Charlie Allan on the stay-away fans

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because it would be a fair point. No matter who it comes from, the point would be relevant, no? 

And I can't get the Evening Express down here so I don't read his shite every day. And even if I could, I doubt I would.

You would as gives something to talk about!!  Suppose him suceeding in getting folk talking equates to him doing his job but still a cunt!!

With regards to the "Charlie Allan paying to get in" I don't pay to get into my work so fair dues.

However, if the quality of his work reaches this kind of unprofessional level, he shouldn't be allowed into his work.

A piece of journalism utterly unworthy of the name and as people have said also, utterly unworthy of discussion.

It's on a Sunday... and? Unless you work on a Sunday I don't really see your point.

And it was cold. It has been known to get a bit chilly in aberdeen. Was Madrid not cold as well though?

I can understand why this particular crowd was so low, and he's wrong to have a go. However, if it comes to Saturdays match and the attendance is the same, especially after a really good result and performance like the one on Sunday, then he'd have a right to say that then. The number of folk who can get themselves to Madrid for a game but can't get themselves down to Pittodrie is truly astounding.

i'll be honest i didnt go because i couldnt be arsed sitting in the cold watching aberdeen play as recently they havent been that good to watch.

call me a disgrace or a prt timer if you like i couldnt give a shit. i will go watch the dons as and when i please.

Yeah, because it would be a fair point. No matter who it comes from, the point would be relevant, no? 

And I can't get the Evening Express down here so I don't read his shite every day. And even if I could, I doubt I would.

why would it be a fair point??? people have a right to chose when they want to go. no?

i'll be honest i didnt go because i couldnt be arsed sitting in the cold watching aberdeen play as recently they havent been that good to watch.

call me a disgrace or a prt timer if you like i couldnt give a shit. i will go watch the dons as and when i please.

So why didn't you say that the first time then?

You give enough of a shit to respond.  And I am not for one second calling you either of those things, was just questioning the reasoning.

And it is a fair point. By all means people can go as and when they please, but look at it this way...

Do you not think that the main point that is being made  - and I said that he was wrong to have a go at the crowd on Sunday, but if it's the same this Saturday then I think the point is valid - is that so many people went to Madrid and yet there would have been so many that couldn't make the short journey to Pittodrie (and this is aimed at those in Aberdeen City/area)?

Can you not see what's wrong with that?

So why didn't you say that the first time then?

You give enough of a shit to respond.  And I am not for one second calling you either of those things, was just questioning the reasoning.

And it is a fair point. By all means people can go as and when they please, but look at it this way...

Do you not think that the main point that is being made  - and I said that he was wrong to have a go at the crowd on Sunday, but if it's the same this Saturday then I think the point is valid - is that so many people went to Madrid and yet there would have been so many that couldn't make the short journey to Pittodrie (and this is aimed at those in Aberdeen City/area)?

Can you not see what's wrong with that?

no i cant. as i said people will and can chose when they want to go to football match and if its achoice between a big game or a smaller match then they will obviously go to the bigger game.

not everyone's life revolves around football or afc

no i cant. as i said people will and can chose when they want to go to football match and if its achoice between a big game or a smaller match then they will obviously go to the bigger game.

We're not talking about a cup final here, or the last game of last season, for example. We're talking about a game in a different country! And big game? Possibly, but it was also a game we were never going to win and it was written off as such when the draw was made. I'd say the other three matches in our group were/are bigger matches for us.

So, you just really fancied a wee jaunt to Madrid for a jolly up? Again, fair enough if that's the case... no point in dressing it up as anything else though, is there?

not everyone's life revolves around football or afc

I know that, mine certainly doesn't.

We're not talking about a cup final here, or the last game of last season, for example. We're talking about a game in a different country! And big game? Possibly, but it was also a game we were never going to win and it was written off as such when the draw was made. I'd say the other three matches in our group were/are bigger matches for us.

So, you just really fancied a wee jaunt to Madrid for a jolly up? Again, fair enough if that's the case... no point in dressing it up as anything else though, is there?

I know that, mine certainly doesn't.

where did i dress up the fact that i went to madrid for a jolly??????

your not making any sense mate.

i'm talking about alot of fans.

the simple fact is aberdeens crowds have dropped for alot of reasons. i.e. i know of a few aberdeen fans out there who dont go to any games anymore because they would rather watch whichever EPL game is on live at saturday lunchtime and stay in the pub afterwards. this is just 1 reason.

where did i dress up the fact that i went to madrid for a jolly??????

your not making any sense mate.

i'm talking about alot of fans.

the simple fact is aberdeens crowds have dropped for alot of reasons. i.e. i know of a few aberdeen fans out there who dont go to any games anymore because they would rather watch whichever EPL game is on live at saturday lunchtime and stay in the pub afterwards. this is just 1 reason.

And yet 6000+ can go to Madrid. And there is no way that 100% of them were season ticket holders.

And yet 6000+ can go to Madrid. And there is no way that 100% of them were season ticket holders.

yup thats just the way of it i'm afraid.

the thing that pisses me off is that the club themselves do next to nothing to get the fans back.

instead they let that tube Charlie Allan write an article slagging off AFC.

yup thats just the way of it i'm afraid.

the thing that pisses me off is that the club themselves do next to nothing to get the fans back.

instead they let that tube Charlie Allan write an article slagging off AFC.

While I agree that the club should be doing more, you must understand how perplexed they'll be about the numbers in madrid and the relatively low numbers at Pittodrie?

However, as you rightly say, it's people's own choices. They could charge a tenner a skull, and people would still moan/sit in the pub/claim it's not entertaining enough etc etc.

i know of a few aberdeen fans out there who dont go to any games anymore because they would rather watch whichever EPL game is on live at saturday lunchtime and stay in the pub afterwards.

Did you bitch slap the fuck out of them?

That, to me, is like cheating on your wife!

yet another reason to hate murdoch and the EPL

It is a sad state of affairs when "aberdeen fans" would rather watch some English football on the tv rather than "their" team live but unfortunately many do, and not just in Aberdeen. 

Get a grip boys. Its not cheap to go to a game if you stay outside aberdeen. Allan is a prick who gets paid into games and is paid to be there. It's an expensive time of year for everyone. Buy your kids/wife the presents they want or go to football every week. People cant attend every game.

never seen the attraction of english fitba - i know guys who sit up at pittodrie bar during games though cos they've got their bookies line and money for a few pints rather than spend it at pittodrie - I have no problem with that. Football is way too expensive.

I'm a feyenoord clubcard holder and get a season book application every year - how does 260 euro for the most expensive "normal" seat sound?

I nearly got one just for the feyenoord/joden game cos those tickets are hard to get.

Instead I just pay 16 euro on the day - complete rip off to watch decent fitba in one of the best stadiums in europe.

I paid the same to get into cove's ground a year ago.

Anti semite. ;)

I guess that they can afford to due to them being one of the big 3, Casema money, merchandise etc.

Plus Dutch people simply wont pay over the odds.

The STs at pittodrie are excellent value for money.

Hibs at home is probably the 3rd or 4th biggest home game of the season.

Watching the EPL over the SPL is just wrong

The Aberdeen fan base is shite.

Even if we start winning trophies and playing like brazil we won't ever average more than 15,000

When people ask me how much Aberdeen STs are they are always quite impressed. Granted mine is a concession (last year of it though, sob) but even so people think they are really reasonable. My dad pays more for a concession (over 60) ST at ICT than I do for Pittodrie.

I have no interest in EPL at all, and I don't understand why some folk would rather watch it than us (when they could go to the game of course). I was going to watch the B City game on Sunday in the pub after our game, but I was so disinterested by it I left after 15 minutes.

Totally agree, ST's are good value. having been to quite a number o home games this season I will probably get a season ticket or next year. (Europe or no europe before you start). I've been a bit reluctant in the past as i work shifts and with 2 weekend out of two, its not good odds to hit a home game each month. However, with an early buy of a season ticket, or being part of the emergency services bracket, I can get a 10 game ticket thingy. I do see these as good value for money. 

OK

I get decent pay, but work all week and have "things" to do around the house/garden etc at weekends. I can only shop at weekends too as nearest supermarket and shops are a ferry ride away. I don't have the inclination (let alone time) to watch shitty live epl on the telly!

Round trip of c 450 miles to Pittodrie = £40 fuel (low estimate) and a full 9 hours out of my weekend just travelling. Add in the game, refreshments, comfort stops etc....12 hours min! No chance midweek games!

Add to that the wear and tear on my car, food/drink costs and £25 entry....it's nae really on.

I would LOVE to go to even some home games but it's just impractical. My fault I chose to come and work here, but if any fat useless superannuated penis like Allan thinks this makes me a "disgrace" or "stay-away" "Part-time" supporter he can stick a years supply of EEs up his arse and try working for a living.

Part-timer........christ. Watching the Atletico game I nearly screamed the house down!

I am a "TRUE" fan mr wankstain Allan.......what, exactly, are you?