Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs, uprisings, hate and corruption

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

This slaughter in Paris is a disgrace. What sort of people kill over satire, even if some of the satire really is beyond the pale?

Either you believe in freedom of expression or you don't. People who don't should be excluded from our countries.

Same goes for subjugation of women, forced marriages and all other affronts to humanity.

Muslim extremists have no place in civil society. Fucking bastards.

Farage is a nutter but he was right in his interview just now. Multiculturalism was never going to work to the extent it's been facilitated.

Quite a situation developing in Paris, two sets of hostages.

I fear all this will create a backlash against Islam across Europe, which is not what should happen but people with far right views will make the most of it.  Could get very messy.

A sorry state of affairs.

The smaller the world gets, the more fucked up it seems to become.

There is little doubt that there will be a massive backlash against Muslims and not just in France.

France is a target historically for the fanatics because in the 7th/8th century the Muslim religion spread rapidly up through Europe and made it as far as southern France until they were defeated in around 750.

Long after that they maintained a state in Al-Andalus ( modern day Spain & Portugal) but were eventually driven from the continent. Many radicals apparently view Spain as their number one target in Europe for this very reason.

Fucked up world we live in  ::)

Fuck sake guys. That's cheered me right up. :(

I was across in Spain at the time of the Ebola case in Madrid.

Spaniards I spoke to are convinced that their country is number one target in Europe for that very reason.

They were shitting themselves at the thought of Muslim radicals deliberately catching Ebola virus and trying to spread it.

Fucking grim ain't it

Fucked up world

I was across in Spain at the time of the Ebola case in Madrid.

Spaniards I spoke to are convinced that their country is number one target in Europe for that very reason.

They were shitting themselves at the thought of Muslim radicals deliberately catching Ebola virus and trying to spread it.

Fucking grim ain't it

Fucked up world

Fuck me, what a shocking development that would be.

Fucking horrible time they are having across the Channel just now

Two gunmen from Wednesday's massacre now deid.

Hostage taker and four hostages in Jewish supermarket incident also dead.

Queue the backlash commencing against all things Muslim

I was discussing this with my house mate the other day. Now I don't buy kows original statement that without religion we'd be in a happier place. Religion has privided culture to the world. It has shaped architecture and inspired people in days gone by. Today, its infinitely less and less relevant but unfortunately for us, things that all other religions carried out centuries ago, islam is only catching up with. Unfortunately, we're seeing their modern warfare and modern technology has enabled these idiots. Islam is probably the only religion I know that cannot take a joke. Why? I have no idea. I can almost understand the atrocities in France because of how French Algerians and even France treated Algerians in Algeria in the past. What I fail to see is how idiots in our country or most other countries in europe feel persecuted.

I'm not sure what the answer is, because I don't think blaming imams or whoever is going to solve anything. Hearing religious leaders doesn't change the fact that there are idiots in this world. My concern is that it will be an excuse for western extremist idiots to kick up a fuss. Europe is already headed towards a more right wing political situation, and these cunts are giving people like fucking farage the ammunition he wants.

The world is a fucked up place.

Islam is probably the only religion I know that cannot take a joke. Why? I have no idea

I think you should add Christianity to that list. So many different factions all of which have an issue with at least one other.

Christians spend many years trapsing across the planet to far off lands and cultures trying to convert everyone to their way of thinking and if they said 'aye yer ok but we are happy as we are' it often lead to war and in extreme incidents genecide.

There are far right christian groups who picket funerals, campaign for segregation, persecution and even death for anyone they dont think fits in to their vision of the human race.

Go back to my home town area and there are still ministers who are visiting their parishioners telling them their gay son or daughter is going to burn in hell, or holding funerals in which the deceased is condemned for the most trivial of actions (Robert Burns Poem 'Holy Willie's Prayer' is about this type of minster/priest.

Look at Ireland and to a lesser extent the central west of Glasgow.

Islam on paper is apparently one, if not the most peaceful of the main religions but like christianity it is vast and diverse with so many different sects.

The ignorant generalistic view in the west is Islam is all Burkas, sharia law and lets murder the infidels. That is the part that is causing the news stories and the media is lapping up and stirring around to their hearts content and with the internet and social media islam is now potentially more feared and hated than the Nazis and other far right extremists.

Now thanks to the media, people see a turban they think 'muslim' forgetting or merely ignoring that it is actually an item of clothing also worn in Christianity, Sikism, judaism.

Basically if you are extremely religious you are unlikely to be able to 'take a joke' if you think someone is belittling your beliefs and way of life.

I went to uni with several muslims as my had a big link with Malaysia. I only recall one of them ever even considering the aspects of sharia law thing as sensible, the irony being I believe she applying said law would have meant condemning herself for how she carried on with her Boyfriend. The rest of them were a great laugh and I found it particularly amusing how some of them took full advantage of being out of sight of their families by carrying on the same way the brits on the course were. Found it even funnier when I met some of their parents and discovered they were very happy their children were enjoying their uni life and the 'western culture'.

i try to imagine what the crusades would have been like had they had modern technology, the internet/social media etc and I find that very scary.

As for an answer...there isnt one. Humans are tribalistic and seem to be genetically programmed to hate each other.

Perhaps some sort of mass brainwashing via wi-fi or mobile phone signal which makes everyone forget why they hate the bloke down the street who looks and dresses different to them but it wouldn't last and sooner or later the tribes would start again.

Perhaps going back in time and convincing Rupert Murdoch and other media tycoons to choose another career could have delayed the mass fear a few decades?

Lets hope and pray that moderate Muslims around the world now stand up and say enough is enough.

on a more bizzare note, until mankind has a direct enemy that attacks us all, will mankind put down Religion and be.... Humans.

If its not religion it is something else.

We hate each other

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30773297

Damage will already be done with this one I fear. Add that to his twitter comments I'd say old Rupert will be congratulating himself on a successful day

One of the worst and really irritating aspects of 24hr news and the internet  (for me anyway)  is there no longer seems to be a safety net of researchers in the background who say 'woah, hold on while we check the facts before we broadcast this'

Really is scary how ignorant people can be and even scarier is that so many of the ignorant can be found in positions of influence (Politicians, celebrities, news media, Financial institutions)

Couple of weeks back whilst helping to sort out a UK credit card for my Aussie GF, the girl in the bank had to ask us if Australia was outside the EU. This girl works for what claims to be 'the world's local bank' and has the power to influence your financial future!!

Lets hope and pray that moderate Muslims around the world now stand up and say enough is enough.

This for me, is the whole key to the ongoing saga.

'Regular' Muslims need to do more, or need to be seen to be doing more to out these people who are sullying their religion.  I just don't feel like they are distancing themselves enough from the extremists, or perhaps they're not being allowed to by the people Tom is pointing the finger at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30773297

Damage will already be done with this one I fear. Add that to his twitter comments I'd say old Rupert will be congratulating himself on a successful day

One of the worst and really irritating aspects of 24hr news and the internet  (for me anyway)  is there no longer seems to be a safety net of researchers in the background who say 'woah, hold on while we check the facts before we broadcast this'

Really is scary how ignorant people can be and even scarier is that so many of the ignorant can be found in positions of influence (Politicians, celebrities, news media, Financial institutions)

Couple of weeks back whilst helping to sort out a UK credit card for my Aussie GF, the girl in the bank had to ask us if Australia was outside the EU. This girl works for what claims to be 'the world's local bank' and has the power to influence your financial future!!

Fit are you on aboot? Austria is in the EU!

115ee9bb34e161fb390641cb6a6570e501605a967f1291a927a099ce6184f21d.jpg