Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Season 2013/14 Injury Thread

So next up Clark Robertson

Not everybodies cup of tea, but for a young loon to have played 70 odd first team games he must have something.

Seemed to collapse in a bit of a heap last night after a bit of a nothing challenge on the touchline.

By the sounds of it knee ligament damage, so guaranteed to be out for a bit, guess it is just a case of how long and getting scan today.

Hope its not too serious, and back in the fold soon.

Depends on the damage, could be anything fae 6 weeks to 6 months.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the damage, could be anything fae 6 weeks to 6 months.

Aye heard McInnes saying out for a few weeks at least.

Must admit when I heard the words ligament damage I was more inclined to think that Robertson's season might be over.

Regardless of the severity of Robertson's injury, I feel the full back area is the one we need to strengthen most in January. The defence has a fantastic record this season, but I don't want to see Chris Clark or Josh being needed there again as the season goes on.

DONS striker Josh Magennis today confirmed he is on target to return from knee surgery after the international break.

The Northern Ireland international has been sidelined for a month.

But the 22-year-old is on course to return for the Premiership clash against Celtic at Parkhead on Saturday, November 23.

Magennis said: “The consultant told me I was ahead of schedule.

“The knee feels great.

“I have been back running from Monday and there has been no reaction.

“Hopefully I will be back and ready to go for the game against Celtic at Parkhead.

“I was in a lot of pain before the operation as I had a floating bit of gristle that kept catching in my knee. It was inevitable that I had to have the operation.”

Magennis has had to watch from the sidelines as Aberdeen  registered four consecutive wins.

Good news

THE Dons today expressed delight that Craig Murray came through his comeback match unscathed.

Full-back Murray, who had a hernia operation last month, played the full 90 minutes of their 2-2 Under-20 League draw away to Falkirk.

Aberdeen U20 team manager Neil Cooper said:  “The way Craig played made you almost forget he had an operation just a few weeks ago.

“We were worried he might struggle making his return on an artificial pitch.

“We spoke to Craig at the interval and he insisted he was fine. He came through the game with no problems.”

Barry Robson, who was given some match practice ahead of serving a one-game ban, netted the second goal for the Dons.

Lawrence Shankland got their equaliser after the Bairns took an early 1-0 lead.

Poor marking at a corner let Falkirk in to make it 2-2.

Cammy Smith then missed a great chance for the Dons right at the death.

Cooper said: “The way the game unfolded meant it ended up feeling like a defeat. The players did  well to fight back from a goal down. Cammy should have won it, it was the sort of chance he would normally take.”

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Apologies if there is a 2014/15 thread but didn't see one in my travels

Soooo Ryan Jack apparently out for a few weeks with a tear in his medial ligament. Hopefully be back in time for the Hamilton game on October 19th

Anderson & Robertson hopefully also back for Hamilton

Nial McGinn out for tomorrow's game and hopefully only tomorrow's game.

Like to think we are getting these out of the way early but either i'm more aware of injuries now or modern footballers are getting more like racehorses

Apologies if there is a 2014/15 thread but didn't see one in my travels

Soooo Ryan Jack apparently out for a few weeks with a tear in his medial ligament. Hopefully be back in time for the Hamilton game on October 19th

Anderson & Robertson hopefully also back for Hamilton

Nial McGinn out for tomorrow's game and hopefully only tomorrow's game.

Like to think we are getting these out of the way early but either i'm more aware of injuries now or modern footballers are getting more like racehorses

Think injuries are more obvious now down to squads being much smaller now than they were in the past. Most teams no longer carry cover at all positions now so an injury is more obvious than in the past when you had another player that played the same position to replace the injured player. Now when you get a player injured it usually requires someone else to play out of position to cover.