Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Dundee

Honestly I've had to phone them a few times over the last year for various reasons and I can't fault them. Always get through straight away and they're always helpful. Aye I'm speaking to someone in India but I can understand them and they can understand me just fine. Having said that it might not be as helpful if I try to leave.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snap!

will try and catch the game on the radio though.

We were going to try get to a game in London on the Saturday but with our flight time it's a bit tight for the 3pm kickoffs. We'll just settle for Soccer Saturday somewhere. Have you been to a NFL game at wembley before? First time for us.

If you have a smart phone get the tune in radio app and you can listen to northsound through it

Game at Wembley is on Sunday, cheers though.  I do use TuneIn a lot!  :thumbsup:

Never been before Penfold, though I know a few folk on here have and my mate i'm going with has too.  Said it's a good day out!  Hopefully it won't rain  :-\

back on topic and enough of this fake yank sport chat  >:D

Lets hammer these Jute minks

Remember all Black and Gold Season Ticket Holders (realrealfans) get a free ticket for this to give to their mates (pretendfans) so hopefully a decent crowd too after the tv affected crowds of our last two home games

Is this definitely a black and gold freebie one?

In this week's redmatchday magazine there is an interview with Gavin Rae.

"The end to last season was tough, but I hope we can do something this season. The manager has certainly put together a squad that is capable. When you look at the game last Saturday, big Andy Considine, who has been brilliant, was missing and then Ryan Jack is also out, another player who has been excellent all season. They drop out, but Clark Robertson goes straight into the left-back spot, Chris Clark comes into the middle and you have still got such a strong substitute bench. That is really important. If players do miss out, it is vital you can bring in players who are of a similar standard and quality. We have definitely got that throughout the squad. Sometimes it is hard trying to keep everyone happy but that manager is managing to do that. Everyone knows it is a squad game and everyone tries to help each other out in the dressing room.

"We have a really good dressing room at the moment. I have been in dressing rooms before where there are one or two bad eggs. They can disharmonise the whole team. Your certainly do not have that here. It is a good dressing room where everyone contributes. We are all trying to do the best we can for this club. If anyone steps out of line, the boys are quick to get on them.

"I would not say the experienced boys preach or anything to the young lads. It is more just watching and following what we do, especially when it comes to nutrition and recovery and preparation for games. All the older players are in the gym all the time just looking after ourselves, and the young boys see that. You have to do stuff off your own back as there is only one person who knows your body, and you have to look after it yourself."

Inevitably, playing against Dundee is a little bit special for Gavin, because he continues to keep a very close eye on his former club.

"They have a lot of injuries to key players and I think that is maybe what is hurting just now. It was difficult for them with everything that went on over the summer and not knowing what league they were going to play in right up until the last moment. I am sure they are delighted they are back in the SPL, but it was always going to be tough to start with. They certainly have good players there, I've seen that close up when I was there last season. Once they get everyone back fit again they will have a right good team. They will be tough to beat on Saturday and we will have to be in our guard."

Also in this week's issue: Niall McGinn, Craig Brown, Billy Dodds, Richard Gordon, Chris Crighton, Kevin Stirling, Russell Anderson plus all the usual features.

Kerr and Grassi injured for the weekend, not sure if that is good or bad for us.

Apparently the jutes have ten first team players injure.

Not fussed about Grassi but kind of glad Kerr's oot. Utterly horrible man and player but was bound to score a fluke against us.

I'm worried about everyone's over-confidence for this game! Aye we should win it but it would, quite frankly, be Aberdeenesque to go and lose it.

Not fussed about Grassi but kind of glad Kerr's oot. Utterly horrible man and player but was bound to score a fluke against us.

I'm worried about everyone's over-confidence for this game! Aye we should win it but it would, quite frankly, be Aberdeenesque to go and lose it.

Precisely. Kerr is a cunt and im glad he's not available for the game. Folk seem to forget we are actually Aberdeen and losing this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

"Gary Naysmith is in the squad - he is one of the 19 players who trained today. It is great to have him involved again. He is an outstanding professional. He is a character and a motivator. We are lucky to have guys like Gary here along with Russell, Gavin and Stephen. It is great to have their experience in and around the club.

"The travelling fans in the last two games at Kilmarnock and Tannadice have been unbelievable. Sometimes the fans can be a bit quiet at home. There is an expectation that when we are at home we will win games. It does not work like that. We still need the support that we got at Tannadice. The players all really appreciated it and were all commenting on it in the dressing room after the game. Dundee will be taking a good crowd up so hopefully as I say there will be a good atmosphere."

12 spl defenders booked for chopping fraser down now!

unbelievable run Mcginn's on. Took him a couple games to gel and injury didn't help but he's been a genuinely amazing signing.

Chance meeting with Aberdeen FC boss is best thing that happened to Niall McGinn

‘Car journey with Craig Brown put me on road to top’

By Charlie AllanPublished: 23/10/2012

NIALL McGinn today talked for the first time about the chance meeting with Aberdeen FC boss Craig Brown that has transformed his career.

McGinn is Scottish football’s man of the moment after scoring in his last four outings for Aberdeen FC.

But fans may be surprised to hear that McGinn might never have come to Aberdeen if he hadn’t met manager Brown quite by chance in July.