Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Getting older

scotfree

OK. I turn 40 soon. I know i will never get the chance to play for the Dons or Scotland or what ever. It's all down hill now. I have gray hair and a body that's no as good as when I was 20 which feels like last week. Do you think about Death? And yes I know I still have hopefully at least 40 years to go. But I'm sure no the best years. But it's been since i have got in my late 30's that i have thought this way.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare a thought for BigAl.

Scotfree, forty is the new thirty....fifty is the new forty etc etc...

Earlier this year as I approached my big five oh, it was kind of freaking me out, but you know what it is only a number.

As long as you have your health and facilties, it matters not one jot. Take it from one that knows, and always remember there really is no substitute for experience mate.

Anyway many happy returns when it comes :thumbsup:

OK. I turn 40 soon. I know i will never get the chance to play for the Dons or Scotland or what ever. It's all down hill now. I have gray hair and a body that's no as good as when I was 20 which feels like last week. Do you think about Death? And yes I know I still have hopefully at least 40 years to go. But I'm sure no the best years. But it's been since i have got in my late 30's that i have thought this way.

Nae different to being 39.

Gradual rather than catastrophic decline.

I find it best to not know how old ye are in the first place. I'm crap with calculating ages from birth years - I know to within 3 years how old I am and that does me fine.

Nae point worrying aboot getting old - it might nae even happen.

Instead of moping - have a fuckin mid-life crisis like most other middle aged cunts - get a motorbike, a convertible, a wife half yer age - that'll liven things up for a while.

40 is hardly fuckin auld anyway - unless yer a kid and ye think yer 40 year auld parents are fuckin ancient.

What fuckin decline anyway? There shouldn't be decline - winding doon to relax, aye - nae a fuckin decline - sort yer fuckin heids oot

:thumbsup:

That's the advice that I'll be following as soon as I'm old enough to quality for a mid-life crisis. What's the qualification age btw the way?

I will be 39 in January, I keep thinking geez I remember when my parents were this age. Not really thought about death, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow or live till im 100 who knows, but I do look at younger people in the family and think wow when they leave school I will be almost 60, or I will almost 70 when they get to my age and it feels like yesterday I was their age.

What does make me sad is I think I was not much older than like my wife's younger cousins when I last saw Aberdeen win a trophy.

Luckily I'm still a sprightly mid twenties sex machine, but I do sympathise with all you old fuckers.

I also worry about death though.  If I was killed tomorrow, none of you would know.  I'd just appear in the 'Whatever happened to...?' thread six months from now, with everyone speculating about why I hadn't posted for ages.  And that saddens me, because you're my only real friends.

:(

40 though scotfree, y'auld cunt.  ;)

Luckily I'm still a sprightly mid twenties sex machine, but I do sympathise with all you old fuckers.

I also worry about death though.  If I was killed tomorrow, none of you would know.  I'd just appear in the 'Whatever happened to...?' thread six months from now, with everyone speculating about why I hadn't posted for ages.  And that saddens me, because you're my only real friends.

:(

40 though scotfree, y'auld cunt.  ;)

I was going to say I could give your wife my phone number so she can let me know when if you're hit by the proverbial bus but having thought about it for a few seconds longer I don't think I want your wife to have my phone number.