Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC STILL officially say NO TO HUNS NEW CO

I've been out the loop for a week or so.

I left with 5 clubs having said no to Newco and when I returned yesterday the news was that the SPL clubs have just that minute voted no to Newco.

Someone care to enlighten me?

thumbnail.aspx?q=4822467199567103&id=4e28e03cd5d57cc0accc195f2a8f19f8

<Deep breath>

More and more SPL clubs came out stating that they would vote no, actually vote was always going to be yesterday

In the meantime the SFL arranged a meeting to discuss the situation.

In preperation for this meeting cockwomble and regan along with Longmuir produced  document stating, and I quote, that there would be "financial meltdown" and "Armageddon" if Seveco were excluded from the top 2 divisions.

This document also suggested the SPL would form SPL2 if they did not get their way.

SFL clubs met and were rightly pissed off.

Raith Chairmen Turnbull Hutton labelled Scottish Football "corrupt" and stated he had been lied to be both the SPL and SFA.  He was not happy.

The MSM then started printing stories, obviously coming from Doncaster, that the SPL vote would be delayed to see what the SFL would do and that there was a plot to let Seveco into the SPL.

Cue meltdown on various forum and radio programmes.

Seveco in Div apparently not viable

SPL then held vote and voted 10-1 to reject Seveco

Regan then states there will be social unrest if Seveco don't get their way

Think that is about it

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and important to point out afc have been unequivocal (unless you are Jute) in their opposition to Seveco anywhere other than Div 3

Just think it would maybe balance the pish being circulated in the press if one of the SPL clubs (i.e. us) were to issue a statement that said in nice clear language that Sevco should now apply for the vacancey created at the bottom of the football pyramid and in no circumstances parachuted into the First division. Could also add that we would oppose the setting up of SPL 2 to accomodate Sevco.

Just think it would maybe balance the pish being circulated in the press if one of the SPL clubs (i.e. us) were to issue a statement that said in nice clear language that Sevco should now apply for the vacancey created at the bottom of the football pyramid and in no circumstances parachuted into the First division. Could also add that we would oppose the setting up of SPL 2 to accomodate Sevco.

I've been saying this for the last couple of days, and have said so in email to afc.

I'll maybe fire another one off today after emailing uefa about the ubercunt regan

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/109684-aberdeen-fans-to-sponsor-sfl-clubs-who-endorse-sporting-integrity/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Aberdeen supporters have formed a group, aiming to financially aid clubs who stand up for the principle of sporting integrity.

The group, called Aberdeen Fans For Sporting Integrity, aim to sponsor individuals or mascots from teams who have been vocal in their support for sporting principles, and may suffer financially as a result.

The group have already confirmed that they will be sponsoring Raith Rovers' mascot Roary Rover for next season, after their club chairman, Turnbull Hutton, spoke publicly of his frustration over the current state of Scottish football, and pressure he feels is being exerted on SFL clubs.

Talks are ongoing with further clubs who have expressed similar views, with the aim of showing that not only are supporters behind the increasingly blurred notion of "sporting integrity", but also that it is fans who have the true power in the game.

The idea was the brainchild of Joe Whimster, who hopes to continue raising money through fan pledges, to continue to sponsor SFL clubs.

He said: "The purpose of starting this initiative was simple.

"Our game must be based on honesty and integrity and finding that has been increasingly difficult in recent months as various agendas muddy the waters.

"The statements of Turnbull Hutton and Raith Rovers have been refreshingly open, as have those from other clubs who have spoken out against those who wish to put personal interest ahead of fairness.

"Although we may not support these clubs, we support their stance and are prepared to back that with a small gesture such as player sponsorship."

While the formation of the group has been to show support for SFL clubs who stick to notions of sporting integrity, Joe also believes that it sends a strong message about the power of supporters, who he feels have been largely ignored by the authorities in Scotland.

He continued: "The impetus is now very much with the fans of our game.

"This has always been where the real power is. Fans have been crying out for change, across all levels of Scottish football for a long time.

"Fan ownership of clubs is on the rise, fans are increasingly involved and connect via social media. The current crisis in Scottish football allows fans at every level to have their say in how our game emerges from this period."

Any money which remains from the supporter pledges following the sponsorship of SFL clubs will be given to the Beat Bullying charity, while any shirts or merchandise that comes as part of a sponsorship package will be given to children's charities.

I think it's becoming increasingly clear (see Clyde's latest statement) that some/all of the SPL clubs are involved in the plan to put newco into SFL1.

The silence from the SPL clubs is deafening.

Is anyone regretting buying a season ticket?

I think it's becoming increasingly clear (see Clyde's latest statement) that some/all of the SPL clubs are involved in the plan to put newco into SFL1.

As I said on another thread if the SPL clubs did not agree with what Doncaster and Regan were doing they would have said so by now. Not one has come out and said that. Leads me to conclude that they are both acting with the blessing if not instrcution of the SPL clubs.

I've said that for the last week (the SPL clubs being more involved in this than they are saying), and some have been saying it for much longer than that.

I'm still waiting on a reply from afc having asked them whether they have any involvement in this bullshit.

Wonder if this will put the suspicions from certain members that Milne/AFC was involved in pressuring the SFL to let Rangers into Division 1 or the formation of SPL2.

In my eyes the club has acted very professionally throughout all this, making their stance clear the whole way through. Big thumbs up from me on the way they've handled it.  Well done Milne/AFC :thumbsup:

Aberdeen Chairman Stewart Milne has given his reaction to today's decision by the Scottish Football League to accept Rangers NewCo's request to join the SFL as an associate member and subsequently admit them into the third division.

"Following the SPL meeting last week and the vote to refuse Rangers NewCo admission to the SPL we felt that that the SFL clubs should be left alone to decide whether to grant Rangers NewCo associated membership of the SFL and, if this was approved, which division they should be in. We acknowledge that today they have made that clear decision. It is now time to move on.

"We will work together with the remaining SPL clubs on the season ahead and ensuring everything possible is done to secure the continuing support of our broadcasting and sponsor partners with Rangers NewCo in the SFL.

"Once the season is underway this will offer the opportunity to carry out a comprehensive review of the league structure going forward that will meet the aspirations of the Scottish football supporters, improve the quality of senior football in Scotland, bring about long term financial stability for senior clubs and place football at the heart of our communities.

"Finally I would like to address Aberdeen supporters directly. The challenges facing every club in Scotland going forward are severe, not least to our own club. I urge every single Dons supporter to get behind the Club, and the time to do that is now, as we face these challenges that have come about as a result of this situation which was not of our making."

Like D'oh!

He will be "training with us until he finds a club, no, honest gov, we're not re-signing him, honest, would I lie to you and say it's like a new signing?"  ::)

He should go to Elgin, and every SPL club should loan out a few good youngsters to Div 3 clubs to help them "be competitive"  ;D

Aside from the raving lunatics Regan/Cockwomble and their power to undermine the whole of Scotland, the only worry I'd have is that 12 months down the line newco get invited into a new SPL2. I mean there has to be some logical reason why Regan/Cockwomble are persisting with the same bullshit even now. If there isn't then these two men need to be sectioned immediately. Also, there must be a reason why these two haven't been kicked out of Scottish fitba by now. In the media they come across like they are acting completely alone, but I don't understand how can that be the case.

We'll see what happens on monday and hopefully we can finally get on and put this disgraceful summer of mismanagement and incompetence behind us.

If these cunts are still in their jobs when the season kicks off I'll be ashamed if a single game on matchday one doesn't feature some Regan/Cockwomble OUT banners!

iViva la revolucion de futbol!