Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC STILL officially say NO TO HUNS NEW CO

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not need a Full SFA licence to get into the SFL and Scottish Cup?

And does it not take 2-3yrs to get this?

Usually need 3 years accounts to be able to apply for SFA membership. That's what happened to new Gretna team anyway. They were only able to apply for SFA membership this year as this was their 3rd year in East of Scotland league.

LET'S GIVE AFC OUR FULL SUPPORT

DST applauds the brave and correct decision of the AFC board to go public with its intention to vote against any newco gaining direct entry to the top tier of Scottish Football. We have always understood the difficulty of company directors having to balance the conflicting interests of sporting integrity and their financial responsibilities, and are delighted that they have listened to their fans and customers, and have taken the only decision which makes long term sense for Scottish Football and for the club both as a sporting entity and as a business.

We regret the false start a few days ago, and understand that as a result, some supporters may wish to hold off buying season tickets until after 4 July to ensure that the no to newco vote actually happens. While we empathise with that view, we feel the time has come to get behind the club, and we therefore urge all supporters to show their support  now in what will be a very hard financial environment. In recognition of the club's public stance, we encourage all AFC fans to buy as many season tickets for themselves and their families as they can reasonably afford, and to persuade everyone they know to do likewise, even if they have previously paid at the gate. Our target must be for the club to sell at least 1500 more season tickets than last year in order to limit the loss of income which reduced revenues will otherwise cause.

In view of the uncertain environment during the "early bird" period, we will also try to persuade the club to re-instate the early bird deal until 7 July in recognition of the exceptional circumstances which have existed up until yesterday.

The club now has an outstanding chance to try to regain its place at the top of Scottish Football, and qualify for Europe once more.  AFC can be great again if we all support the club financially as well as vocally from the stands.

Stand Free and Come On You Reds (and Whites)

:thumbsup:

Although "Gers" don't exist and even if they did nobody is "sending them down" anywhere we're just not letting them in.  "Sending them down" suggest they were somewhere in the first place.

At the moment they have no club, 2 players and no league to play in and are known as seveco or something.

Although "Gers" don't exist and even if they did nobody is "sending them down" anywhere we're just not letting them in.  "Sending them down" suggest they were somewhere in the first place.

At the moment they have no club, 2 players and no league to play in and are known as seveco or something.

This. 

It's all very well supporting the club after they made a pleasing decision but this has a long way to run and there are still too many question marks over the fundamental morals of the league and the governing bodies for me to whip out my wallet just yet. The way I see it we're still pouring our money into an organisation that seems intent on appeasing Rangers. (We should never have needed a vote in the first place.)

I have to keep reminding myself that even before all this ever started I was planning not to renew because the "football" that I was watching made me want to kill myself. Although I do concede that the signing of Hayes is a promising one and further good signings coupled with an appropriate punishment for Hun newco could still tempt me back.

Certainly not running down to the ticket office with £300 yet anyway.

The club have done their bit, indeed the SPL clubs have done their bit.

The ball is now very much in the SFL club's court.  The Boards of the SPL, SFA and SFL can talk all they like but the clubs have to vote it through and they are currently being deluged with emails and letters from the their fans, just as our club was.

At every stage the cynics, doubters and conspiracy theorists have said they would get away with it.  As it is being in a position to have team play in the 3rd Div never mind anywhere else will be a minor miracle.

The club have done what we asked.  I don't support the SPL, I don't support the SFL and I don't support Cockwomble, Reagan or Longmuir.

Back the club.

Haud on a bit there GS, I don't think to say that they would "get away with it" is a big step, nor is it remotely cynical when viewed in the context of the landscape of Scottish football.

Let's face it, nothing is decided, nothing. Yes the club have committed themselves to do what the vast majority of it's fans, and probably what the fans of most other clubs in Scotland demanded but it hasn't happened yet and the SFL have still to get themselves in order.

This is about the whole of Scottish football and whilst what AFC have done points to the greater good, the greater good will only be actually delivered when Rangers (deceased) begin the season in Div 3. Anything else is simply evades natural justice and amounts to another round of cheating and "getting away with it".

Haud on a bit there GS, I don't think to say that they would "get away with it" is a big step, nor is it remotely cynical when viewed in the context of the landscape of Scottish football.

Let's face it, nothing is decided, nothing. Yes the club have committed themselves to do what the vast majority of it's fans, and probably what the fans of most other clubs in Scotland demanded but it hasn't happened yet and the SFL have still to get themselves in order.

This is about the whole of Scottish football and whilst what AFC have done points to the greater good, the greater good will only be actually delivered when Rangers (deceased) begin the season in Div 3. Anything else is simply evades natural justice and amounts to another round of cheating and "getting away with it".

True it hasn't happened yet, and maybe I'm being naive, but I can't see this ending any other way than 3rd div, that is if rangers (deceased) doesn't implode before then.

At ever stage people have, rightly, been sceptical that the SFA, the SPL, AFC and countless others wouldn't step up to the plate.  Instead we have had the SFA handing down a yr signing ban, the SPL agreeing to have a newco vote involving all 11 clubs, afc stating they will vote no and now the majority of spl clubs openly stating their position to be no. 

Yeah the vote hasn't happened yet but there is no way that they will be in the SPL.

Now the buck has been passed to the SFL.  They have yet to meet in full which leaves a vacuum for speculation and doubt but with only 8 out of 30 clubs needed to oppose any shenanigans I can't see there being any issue, especially given the comments from several boards already and the pressure of sfl fans.

I probably had a softer line than you TF and the fact the spl and more importantly afc have done the right thing is enough for me for now.  For me they have done enough to deserve my full support.

If in the unlikely situation that ZombieCo are parachuted into sfl1 then the SPL role in the process and how they will deal with any potential promotion needs to be looked at in detail.

Don't get me wrong, other than Cockwomble and Hun apologist Johnstone at Billmarnock I've been pleasantly surprised at the line being taken by the SFA.

That said, I won't believe it until it actually happens but I am sufficiently pleased with my clubs position (and the exquisite timing) that I'm prepared to lay out cash to them.

Heres an interesting fact that perhaps reveals how the SPL as an entity affects Scottish football.

Since the SPL's inception. The Scotland national team has not qualified for the finals of a major tournament.

I realise there are other mitigating factors, but it appears that the very structure of our national sport is at best inadequate and at worst damaging the long term prospects of the game.

The current SPL structure has to go.

Heres an interesting fact that perhaps reveals how the SPL as an entity affects Scottish football.

Since the SPL's inception. The Scotland national team has not qualified for the finals of a major tournament.

I realise there are other mitigating factors, but it appears that the very structure of our national sport is at best inadequate and at worst damaging the long term prospects of the game.

The current SPL structure has to go.

Absolutely.

The SPL has been an utter disaster for the top of the game and Scottish Fitba as a whole.

I suspect in a year or so we shall see the end of the SPL and a new National League run by the SFA or SFL.

It will see larger leagues at Tier one and two and then possibly renationalised leagues integrating into a pyramid structure below that.

This is what everyone has been asking for for years and the current climate may well see it happen.

It will of course also please the beancounters and cockwombles of this world as it will likely mean SeveCo could be back in the top league after two seasons instead of three.

Actually can you imagine the huns when whatever their team is called gets back into the top league.  Their WATP arrogance will be worse then ever, they will want to wreck retribution on all and sundry and their first matches vs celtic and at Pittodrie will be blood baths. 

Fuck div3, kill them outright!