Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DT Politics Thread

The Tories are split, with the ultra right in full control. The question is, can you trust a Tory to be decent at heart.

Indeed, is it possible for a Tory to have a heart.

The good thing is that it would take very few of them to defect to bring down the government.

Labour is more difficult to understand. The party has great access to finance and nobody wants to be the faction that breaks away from the money.

I really really don't trust Corbyn, he thinks that achieving power is far more important than anything else.

He's not to be trusted regarding Europe, he's a little Englander at heart.

I hope he blushes when he sings the international.

My main worry about a centre party is that Tony Blair is involved.

However I'd even put up with him to remain in the European Union.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody read Polly Toynbee in the Guardian today?

Fun and games in the Scotland v England fishing wars to come.

This sort of story is just so f'uckin typical.

Pack it in England, just accept that you get to be a major player and don't need to be the boss all the time.

Worth a listen. Wasn't a massive of fan of his stuff from a comedic point of view (although the occasional one was very good), for a while he seemed to replace humour with swearing. However, not much wrong with this interview, and such an important message:

https://www.channel4.com/news/ways-to-change-the-world-a-new-channel-4-news-podcast-tom-walker-aka-jonathan-pie

Worth a listen. Wasn't a massive of fan of his stuff from a comedic point of view (although the occasional one was very good), for a while he seemed to replace humour with swearing. However, not much wrong with this interview, and such an important message:

https://www.channel4.com/news/ways-to-change-the-world-a-new-channel-4-news-podcast-tom-walker-aka-jonathan-pie

He's getting it in the neck on Twitter around racism and offence culture.

Unfairly so, in my view.

• 6 months later...

Over the last 25 years or so, I'll have seen over 90% of the Question Times. We even went to one about 10 years ago in St Andrews.

I've got an opinion on Dimblebum. Wonder if anyone else agrees?

Particularly noticeable in the last year, he's becoming a right arse.

I don't know if it's familiarity breeding contempt or whether it's his longevity making him feel like Erchie, bolstered by his obvious relationships in the real world with some of his panels. Whatever it is, he's become a right cunt, an irritable and intolerant pig who's got to make his control mechanisms the biggest dramas. Horrible establishment guffy wank.

• 2 months later...

Sooo, Venezuala.

“Any violence and intimidation against US diplomatic personnel, Venezuela’s democratic leader, Juan Guiado (sic), or the National Assembly itself would represent a grave assault on the rule of law and will be met with a significant response,” Bolton said in a Twitter post on Sunday

The old Obama chemical weapons red-line again. You can kill as many of your own citizens as you like, but touch our puppet and you're fucking dead. Luckily all other American interventions in the South of that continent have been a roaring success that championed the people.

Sooo, Venezuala.

The old Obama chemical weapons red-line again. You can kill as many of your own citizens as you like, but touch our puppet and you're fucking dead. Luckily all other American interventions in the South of that continent have been a roaring success that championed the people.

Yeah, democracy, fuck yeah!

This is a rhetorical question, but I honestly don't know why countries are fawning over the US to try and appease them.  This has nothing to do with them. It wouldn't surprise me that their foreign policy has directly impacted Venezuela. As you say, the yanks have a rich history on the continent. Nothing will possibly go wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Bribery laws are circumvented, ignored and flouted by the Tory establishment. Blair also is a corrupt cunt and took "new Labour" down the same dirty road, one that he continues to run down.

Grayling, like Hammond, Mundell, Davis and all of them are specific individuals. They are non-Alpha males, they are public schooled, they are arselickers and they are in politics for themselves, not for the people, in breach of their job descriptions. And yet middle England and the NE of Scotland voted these cunts in? That's unfathomable to me. As a wifie said in QT from Motherwell on Thursday, the timing is ripe for a brand new party.

• 2 weeks later...

Chukka and friends resign to create new new labour. A new type of politics for the 21st century, leaving Labour as the only remaining no-jews-allowed party. A great day for politics. A new beginning.

That's one interpretation. Another is that Chukka is a spineless establishment puppet wank who has been used to split the party and almost guarantee more of the same Tory drivel, representing the deep dark unelected (sorry, self-elected) state.

The anti-semitism smear on Corbyn and Labour was a lie and this is the result of it. We're being played. Again.

Doesn't look like anyone at all is denying the anti semitism angle so may well be something in it.

I watched the press conference this morning, they all looked like they were going to burst into tears.

This may well just be an age thing but none of them looked capable of organising a piss up in a brewery.

Makes the original Gang of Four look like big hitters indeed.

The Labour Party has just went back to what it was and should be.

A center party with a bit of clout is badly needed, whether this is the start of it........meh.

The Labour Party has just went back to what it was and should be.

Yes but Tony Blair, Andy Burnham, Ed Miliband and these Chukka wankers were never Labour. They were and are pursuing the exact same agendas as Cameron and hatchet face, the exact same agendas as the EU and they were all serving the same western puppet masters (running the corporatocracy and going right through Israel and AIPAC in the US) and never the people.

Labour and Conservative have been exactly the same for well over 20 years but Corbyn won't play their game so they're terrified of him. Then again, if they could assassinate JFK, JC will be a much easier target... if he ever got elected. This move today has been designed to break up the opposition vote and to guarantee continuing Tory corruption. They have been put up to this and I would guess royally entertained in the process, with excessive funds being generously given and promised.

Doesn't look like anyone at all is denying the anti semitism angle so may well be something in it.

I think it is a subject that Labour probably recognise they aren't going to win either way so they try and say as little as possible.

The faux outrage by the "rebel 7" is exactly that though (perhaps bar one or two). Self serving cunts.

I heard someone on the radio speak about Corbyn and how he stuck with Labour under Blair when the party he supported didn't represent his views on anything, but he stuck with it as he knew change would come full circle and it did with him becoming leader.

The 7 who resigned from the party today are closer to the Tories than they ever were true Labour, especially they boy Chukka, so leaving is possibly best all round, but the timing of it is strange. I don't believe the Labour party are a party of anti semitists and this is a story being blown out of proportion by our right leaning press.

It's not a new political party we need though, but a break from traditional party politics.

I don't believe the Labour party are a party of anti semitists and this is a story being blown out of proportion by our right leaning press.

The Guardian isn’t right leading.

Anyway, some Labour MPs, and again tonight, fall over themselves to state that the party has not addressed the problem so there’s clearly something in it. I don’t think they are an anti-Semitic party but they’ve fostered anti-semites and not fully dealt with it.

For what it’s worth, Corbyn (and May) have been horrific over Brexit. There’s definitely a need for a centric voice / break up of traditional politics as it’s currently fucked.