Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Last Out Of Pittodrie Tonight.

I wasn't denegrating McCall, just suggesting Magennis might be another in oor long line of unappreciated players who can/could actually do a job for us

McCall, Winchester, Stark, Bobby's blouse Connor, etc.........

Again, (nae offence, min because I know it's hardly practical for you to attend Pittodrie these days) these are the words of someone who hasn't seen the Dons (and Magennis) play in recent times.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Magennis THAT bad?

So bad he canna give us a different option in attack/defence/goal?

As you rightly say I've nivver seen the loon play in the flesh, but surely he's no "new" Tom Jones or Gary Hacket?

Aye he's that bad. Simple as. He has zero footballing ability. Anyone off the street as big or as strong as him could "perform" to the same level as Josh can now.

Oh holy shit!

Right apologies to all the player's I've just likened to him.

Well I'm 5'11" and about 12 stone, and 47. would I be a better bet? I played enough shinty withoot injuries so I can "look after mysel"

Dunno like. You're not very good to have aboot the place. ;)

No chance.

McCall although he was a lanky streak o' pish, had a career goal scoring record of better than a goal every three games. To be honest he could be classified as prolific in comparison to anyone currently on our books even Scott Vernon.

Doubt anyone on here apart from the two of us actually remember the name Walker McCall though ;)

He played and scored in the first Dons game I went to at Boghead where the might Dons beat the hapless Dumbarton 3-2 in 73 I think. I remember as well when Fergie brought him back,  a strange signing that!

In his second spellwith the Dons, McCall scored 14 goals in 27 appearances.

Not a bad return.

I think that actually says a lot about the type of service that our strikers received back in those days. Perhaps Mackie just played for us in the wrong era  ;)

Nice photo by the way.

Will you still be asking how the club affords the new stadium should a bidding war  result in pittodries site being sold for £30million +?

Where is the evidence that says the land is worth £30m? I am not an expert or even an amateur at land valuation but even back in 2007 the figures I was seeing were around the £20m mark. Time will tell I suppose how different the Aberdeen housing market is to that of the rest of the UK but the sort of deal that is going to be made is still likely to depend on some sort of leverage or loan and the banks aren't exactly throwing their money around at the moment.

Of the clubs in englandshire with new stadiums that went into administration, the stadium was the least of their worries. Signing up mediocre players on long contracts  for min 15k a week and being run by chairmen who were either stupid or out to line their pockets rather than actually look to break even or make the clubs self sufficient caused administration.

I am sure that many of the clubs in England that built a new stadium and went into administration did spend too much on transfer fees and players. However, many of them also had average attendances of 25-30k as well as TV cash that Aberdeen could only dream about. Too say the costs of building a new stadium were not a factor is facile. Anyhow, is one of the aims of the new stadium not to generate new cash for better and more highly paid players?

What are the factors working against Aberdeen? Aberdeen's average attendance this season is less than 10k. From what I can see the business plan assumes around 14k. Whatever it ends up there is no evidence that suggests there is signifiant pent up demand that will come to Loirston and not to Pittodrie.

The goings on at Rangers are creating a huge amount of uncertainty. Will there be an Old Firm in Scottish football in 5 years time? Possibly not and I certainly wouldn't bemoan it but I am not sure I would want to be moving into a spanking new stadium whilst that process is being played out.

I am sorry, I just do not see that the proposed costs of the stadium relocation are realistically to be met given the current situation of Scottish football and Aberdeen FC.

There is no evidence to say the land is even worth £1 but a large site close to the city centre and beach  with outline planning permission for X number of houses/ flats in one of the few places in the Uk which still has a property market should see the likes of Barrats, Cala, Stewart Milne, Wimpey and many other large developers sniffing blood. A site that large isnt going to be snapped up by joe bloggs and his mates. There are developers with cash looking for sites all over scotland at the moment. There just arent that many large ones available

My question to you was would you still be asking how the club affords if a bidding war broke out and they did end up getting £30million for them. You havent answered that one.

This is a list of the teams down in england who entered administration around about the time they moved to new stadiums

Southampton - After relegation from the premiership

Derby County - After Relegation from the premiership

Darlington - Serious questions need to be asked as to how they let that guy run them for so long and why they moved to a stadium 3 times the size of their old one. 3 administrations in 12 years one of which came 6 years before they moved.

Leicester City - Relegated from the premiership just before they moved there

Northwich Victoria - See Darlington

These are a list of clubs who went into administration after redeveloping their stadiums

Bradford City

Plymouth Argyle

Ipswich Town

Cambridge United

Port vale (construction still not complete)

Wrexham

Halifax Town (construction still not complete)

Not even going to bother listing all the ones who went into adminsitration without doing anything to their stadiums but a few highlights are Leeds, Rotherham, Luton, QPR, Hull & Portsmouth

What is the point of this? You can enter administration with a shite old ground or a brand spanking new stadium. The factors are not living within your means, letting very stupid people run your club into the ground in the quest for glory & money and in some rare cases a complete unforeseen turn events which no one could have accounted for.

Where does it say the new stadium was to generate cash for higher paid players? As I recall the new stadium plus proper training facilities are hopefully going to help remove the ‘fuck they are miles away, and they train on a beach. im no going there’ which has been a factor over the last 20 years. You do not hike up player wages just because you get slightly higher crowds. Clubs that did that feature in the lists above.

These days only clubs such as Man united, Liverpool, Barcelona, Arsenal etc redevelop their stadiums to line their coffers – Having 5 year season ticket waiting lists helps a lot. Most clubs redevelop because their old ground is falling to pieces so doesn’t meet uefa or SPL criteria or HSE regulations (stand closures). It is only a matter of time before the main stand is closed permanantly and redeveloping it (if we could find the cash) will be done at a loss because of the restricted space available. A 4 star UEFA stadium in Scotland (other than celtic park-4 stars seriously it is) can also be used for rugby, League and cup semi finals, concerts, exhibitions etc. Making money for AFC isn’t just a matter of getting dons fans to cough up cash.

Lastly if Milne and co base the absolute min season costs of AFC based on 1-3 visits by rangers fans (which doesn’t make as much money as the media claim)  or just say a fuck it lets stay in the shite the uncertainty of Scottish football because one club is on the brink then I will be seriously disappointed. Like him or not Milne is a business man and he didn’t create one of the largest construction firms in Scotland by dumb luck and relying on other companies.

You keep stating you don’t see the new stadium as viable but have not yet put forward an alternative solution which is feasible.

Please start doing so

You keep stating you don’t see the new stadium as viable but have not yet put forward an alternative solution which is feasible.

Please start doing so

I did some calculations this afternoon, and if we knock down 'todders, and build over the road behind the Mainer and into the Carpark, we can quite easily build a replica of the Allianz down by the beach.

allianz.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm new to architecture though, so who should I send my invoice too?

Here here!!! Bloody little weasel that he is. He's bringing this club back decades and he never seems to care.He never shows himself or gives any statements to fans showing any direction or way forward!!(or genuine apologies)

Time to stand down in the best interests of the club.

Concentrate on your house building mate(even its nae good either!!).

I did some calculations this afternoon, and if we knock down 'todders, and build over the road behind the Mainer and into the Carpark, we can quite easily build a replica of the Allianz down by the beach.

allianz.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm new to architecture though, so who should I send my invoice too?

Send yer invoice to the roads department, the residents of Pittodrie street, Pittodrie place, merkland road & merkland lane, the golf Clubs on Golf Road, Scottish water and many others. While yer at if if you can send an invoice to Messrs D Copperfield, T Cooper, Seigried & Roy, Merlin, & Gandalf who will then magic up the estimated 50-60million to build that

Send yer invoice to the roads department, the residents of Pittodrie street, Pittodrie place, merkland road & merkland lane, the golf Clubs on Golf Road, Scottish water and many others. While yer at if if you can send an invoice to Messrs D Copperfield, T Cooper, Seigried & Roy, Merlin, & Gandalf who will then magic up the estimated 50-60million to build that

You got addresses for all of them?

I've been following Aberdeen over the last 13 years at I am just starting to get fed up with this. I'm pretty close to following the real Aberdeen team, Man Utd.

It never seems to be fucking us. Losing two shit finals and then several even worse semi-finals. The European run aside, never seen any sort of glory or ever really felt that proud to be a don. Still really pissed off about the semi against Hibs. Hoping with the new stadium being built it can regenerate the team and fans.