Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Last Out Of Pittodrie Tonight.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His long term strategy to leave Pittodrie has left us with a stadium that is not fit for purpose, a new stadium proposal that doesn't appear to have a credible business plan and increasingly looks like a white elephant even before a shovel has hit the ground (why does Milne thank Aberdeen can afford a £38m stadium when plenty of English sides with EPL TV money can't afford them without slipping into administration).

You mean the long term strategy in which he refused to go back in time and say to his predecessors 'hey guys, before you spend 4.5million on this new beach stand (which of course I am happy to help build), perhaps it might be a good idea to actually look at the long term future of the stadium and how we will get around the issues with the main stand. Perhaps it might be a good idea to put the plans on hold and use the cash to buy that old gas storage land next to the SS carpark. While yer at it lets buy that old builders yard at the back of the merkland stand. That way 20 years from now we wont be surrounded by flats and if some muppet is willing to part with the cash we could actually follow the examples of West Ham & Blackpool in moving the pitch further away from from a public road OR sell it before the recession which is going to hit in about 15years at vast profit and pay off a fair whack of our debts prior to moving to a new stadium.

Will you still be asking how the club affords the new stadium should a bidding war  result in pittodries site being sold for £30million +?

Of the clubs in englandshire with new stadiums that went into administration, the stadium was the least of their worries. Signing up mediocre players on long contracts  for min 15k a week and being run by chairmen who were either stupid or out to line their pockets rather than actually look to break even or make the clubs self sufficient caused administration.

I might be alone in this but I thought, at the time anyway, that Mackie being put on for Clark was a good idea.

I'm not saying he's a great player but I thought that substitution made sense.

Bringing on a bag of spuds for Clark would have made sense as a substitution.

Why does big Josh Macgennis never get considered these days?? He likes Aberdeen and would run through a brick wall to get a game for Dons. He's quick and physically strong and would've been someone to take on to run at Hibs and cause them problems but he brings on someone that is finished and no future with Dons!!

That is shit crack!!

And I'm nae saying Macgennis is blessed with all the skill in the world either by the way but he would give us a different option and he would definitely play with passion and commitment,that's what u want from a player.

Maybe of course,he's being moulded into a defender these days though!!

Why does big Josh Macgennis never get considered these days?? He likes Aberdeen and would run through a brick wall to get a game for Dons. He's quick and physically strong and would've been someone to take on to run at Hibs and cause them problems but he brings on someone that is finished and no future with Dons!!

That is shit crack!!

And I'm nae saying Macgennis is blessed with all the skill in the world either by the way but he would give us a different option and he would definitely play with passion and commitment,that's what u want from a player.

Becuase he is shit with no footballing ability.

Big quote that but he's a popular player at Pittodrie and got a good following too.

I ken he's nae the answer but he's better than a lot we have that's for sure!!

Magennis is just a younger taller version of Mackie. His effort cannot be doubted but he does not have any skill what so ever. If we are to progress as a club we need to get rid of players like him and get in ones who can actually play football.

That is shit crack!!

Because he's fucking poop.

And the bit in bold could describe Mackie. Mackie's always played with commitment if not very skilled.

Josh is a greedy cunt. I've lost count of the number of times he's done some half decent work on the by line only to shoot from a ridiculous angle rather than even attempt to cut it back to someone in a better position to score.

I'm not a Mackie lover or a hater but I'd rather see Mackie play than Magennis.

And sorry Dandy - you're in no place to take the piss out of folk's typos.

Let's just take the piss out of one another on this forum all the time even if we are supposed to be all Aberdeen fans together. It's a pile of shite and a slanging match seems to be the norm all the time on here. Very rarely anything fucking constructive or positive anyone seems to have to say.Everyboy wants to shoot everybody else down in flames and who the fuck needs enemies if that's the case!!!

I can feel the apathy on here just like there is surrounding the club.

Let's just take the piss out of one another on this forum all the time even if we are supposed to be all Aberdeen fans together. It's a pile of shite and a slanging match seems to be the norm all the time on here. Very rarely anything fucking constructive or positive anyone seems to have to say.Everyboy wants to shoot everybody else down in flames and who the fuck needs enemies if that's the case!!!

I can feel the apathy on here just like there is surrounding the club.

H'min, there is a lot of piss take on this site. We're a friendly bunch on here, who all know our limitations and are perfectly happy to wind one another up and laugh at ourselves. New posters are always welcome min, but please don't think abody is lining up to have a pop at you or your opinions

Chill loon :thumbsup:

Cheers BigAl,that's about the only positive thing  someday has said to me mate.

And yes I'm a relatively new member on here although I've  followed the Dons all my days and will continue to do so. I love the Dons and always will no matter what.

And if the going does get tough though I'm big enough(and ugly enough some would say!!)to mix it with the best,no fuckin fear.I hate the idea though that some posters on here think they are far superior than others or it certainly feels like that anyway.It feels like you have to watch your every move and watch what you say as some marksman will be ready to shoot you down!!

Cheers for reply though bud.

STAND FREE !!!

Cheers BigAl,that's about the only positive thing  someday has said to me mate.

And yes I'm a relatively new member on here although I've  followed the Dons all my days and will continue to do so. I love the Dons and always will no matter what.

And if the going does get tough though I'm big enough(and ugly enough some would say!!)to mix it with the best,no fuckin fear.I hate the idea though that some posters on here think they are far superior than others or it certainly feels like that anyway.It feels like you have to watch your every move and watch what you say as some marksman will be ready to shoot you down!!

Cheers for reply though bud.

STAND FREE !!!

You joined the forum around the lowest point since the 9-0 at Celtic park and you're surprised that folk aren't positive? This "shot down in flames" pish is just that. Pish. Folk on here disagree all the time. I get slagged off all the time and I do my fair share of slagging but as Al said it rarely goes too far. This is the only AFC football club forum that I come to because the posts are generally (MBT's aside  :wave: ) of a high quality. There's no superiority complex here (apart from Rocket  :wave: ) so chill out and argue your points as you have been doing and don't greet when folk disagree with you. Being big and/or hard is of no relevance on the internet. :thumbsup:

Magennis = Walker McCall?

No chance.

McCall although he was a lanky streak o' pish, had a career goal scoring record of better than a goal every three games. To be honest he could be classified as prolific in comparison to anyone currently on our books even Scott Vernon.

Doubt anyone on here apart from the two of us actually remember the name Walker McCall though ;)

No chance.

McCall although he was a lanky streak o' pish, had a career goal scoring record of better than a goal every three games. To be honest he could be classified as prolific in comparison to anyone currently on our books even Scott Vernon.

Doubt anyone on here apart from the two of us actually remember the name Walker McCall though ;)

Incorrect. ;) He works (or worked) at Weatherford and a few years back when I worked for an oilfield bearing company he used to sign for my deliveries.  :wave: