Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Last Out Of Pittodrie Tonight.

Turn out the lights, turn the keys, and put the padlocks on.

Can't see any use for it from now until they return for pre season training.

Real possibility of us setting yet another lowest ever crowd figure between now and end of the season.

Seen it once too often guys, and right now this latest kick in the balls is yet another reason to make me wonder, if there aren't less costly and painless ways of spending my spare time.

Yours,

Truely fucked off Al.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was potentially the last game I'll ever bother with regarding the Dons due to the newco situation next season.

There was such a build up this week, such a feeling of expectation, the fans in great voice as the game begins.

Then some Fucking schoolboy defending within 2 mins puts us 1 down and kills the atmosphere. It reminded me of hampden when Italy beat us for a euro's place.

This should be the pinnacle for these Fucking imposters, playing for a chance in the final against relegation fodder and they never turned up.

Collum was shit, but we didn't play enough to deserve excuses about refs.

When we needed to go for it, we brought on Darren Mackie. He was an ex-Spl player about 2 seasons ago,and we're not even keeping him,but that's who we turn to in our season defining game.

That pretty much says it all.

it's events at afc in response to the huns' situation more than anything.

Up to a point, shite football is really just taking the rough with the smooth (i'm led to believe there was smooth at some point...and maybe that point has come now anyway), but if the board vote to allow rangers off the hook, to maintain their position of power and our own ignominy, then it's hard to imagine more of a betrayal.

Well Brown stabilised us as bottom 6 but not relegated.  Saturday could have been any game at any point in the last couple of years since he was appointed.  I don't think we "bottled" it as such, I think we just put in our usual average performance and were unfortunate that Hibs had the ability to create and take a couple of chances.

Brown better change the habit of a lifetime and make some attacking, and wide signings this summer.  With Milson, Osbourne and Cadger hopefully fully fit next season we will have, again, basis for a reasonable side, but that will count for nothing if we continue to resort to playing the likes of Fallon (wonder goal aside), McArdle (out of position), Clark and Mackie.  Arnie has been poor since his United goal and probably isn't much of a loss on current form.

If we have the tactics next season you may as well not reopen half the ground after the first week or two.

I think a lot of talk hopefully is just knee-jerk reactions to the semi. If we had sneaked a win we would all have been saying the team is pretty strong and we could win the cup.  League form has been poor recently as well, which could possibly have been because players were trying not to get injured before the hibs game.

I am as gutted as the next man with our exit. But there is no way I would ever stop supporting Aberdeen or stop seeing them because of poor form. If our fans stopped going to watch the team because O this, then that makes us no better than the stinking hun fans who do the same, and I always get on tae them for being terrible fans.

Let's face it, we ain't in administration, we are still alive and kicking, and we DO have the best fans in Scotland. So let's keep supporting our team and show the rest of the SPL who has the best fans. STAND FUCKING FREE!!

I'm not sure it's surprising but I notice that in all these threads discussing the dire situation we're in, just about every course of action is suggested apart from protesting against the board in the hopes of Milne getting to fuck.

The apathy has been going on for so long it seems everyone is resigned to that cunt being there for the long term. Until he's gone there's not one single thing anyone can do that will ever get us out of the shit he's put us in.

Here here here Graeme S I'm with you on your great post mate,excellent stuff!!A man after my own heart mate.

You just hit the nail on the bloody head. Our season defining game and we turn to Darren Mackie to lift us out of the gloom. That says it all arite mate but nae surprise to me,he's aye been flavour of the decade ++ with every manager he's played under.

In the poor boys defence though; 57 goals for in 10 years and still counting bud!!!!!

LOL LOL

Lionell Messi nae need to look over your shoulder mate!!!!

We are in a bad way rite enough!!!

Here here here Graeme S I'm with you on your great post mate,excellent stuff!!A man after my own heart mate.

You just hit the nail on the bloody head. Our season defining game and we turn to Darren Mackie to lift us out of the gloom. That says it all arite mate but nae surprise to me,he's aye been flavour of the decade ++ with every manager he's played under.

In the poor boys defence though; 57 goals for in 10 years and still counting bud!!!!!

LOL LOL

Lionell Messi nae need to look over your shoulder mate!!!!

We are in a bad way rite enough!!!

Sweet baby Jesus of Nazareth!  :o

When we needed to go for it, we brought on Darren Mackie. He was an ex-Spl player about 2 seasons ago,and we're not even keeping him,but that's who we turn to in our season defining game.

That pretty much says it all.

I'm pretty sure we turned to another 11 players before Mackie on Saturday, but he's always a useful scapegoat in these situations  ::)

Aye but Mackie certainly isn't the way forward that's for sure in times like this,absolute pathetic decision by Brown with a player who has no future at the club(hopefully!!!). Scapegoat or no scapegoat it's goals that count and Mackie has hardly proved himself in abundance on that front!!

A clear out of Dead Wood is needed big time.

I wouldnt have played Fyvie either as any Dons player that shows he doesn't want to play for the club and wants to leave doesn't deserve to pull on the red jersey again,plain and simple easy decision to make!!

Other than his schoolboy powered 'shot' at the keeper, I'm not sure which threat you refer too, other than the occasional threat that he'd pick out someone in red.

And dont give me the scapegoat bullshit either. My point, which was willfully ignored to serve some kind of pro Mackie agenda, was that with 30 mins left of our season and any hope of Europe/glory, we could only bring on a player deemed not good enough for a regular starting place or indeed a contract. If it was Paton i'd have said the same thing, its not the individual here that matters, its the principle.

My point, if you are actually interested, is how shambolic a situation it is to have to pin your hopes on someone the coaching staff have already dismissed as a dons player.

If Mackie was the answer, what the fuck did we waste time and money on chalali and uchechi for?

Other than his schoolboy powered 'shot' at the keeper, I'm not sure which threat you refer too, other than the occasional threat that he'd pick out someone in red.

And dont give me the scapegoat bullshit either. My point, which was willfully ignored to serve some kind of pro Mackie agenda, was that with 30 mins left of our season and any hope of Europe/glory, we could only bring on a player deemed not good enough for a regular starting place or indeed a contract. If it was Paton i'd have said the same thing, its not the individual here that matters, its the principle.

My point, if you are actually interested, is how shambolic a situation it is to have to pin your hopes on someone the coaching staff have already dismissed as a dons player.

If Mackie was the answer, what the fuck did we waste time and money on chalali and uchechi for?

If the coaching staff have already dismissed him as a Dons player then why was he on the bench?  ???

If the coaching staff have already dismissed him as a Dons player then why was he on the bench?  ???

It's a good question.

Try punt him out on loan in January, still to offer him a new contract, but he is still getting first team opportunites now. Surely that proves the problem with our squad? (The point I've been trying to make now over 3 posts)

I'm not sure it's surprising but I notice that in all these threads discussing the dire situation we're in, just about every course of action is suggested apart from protesting against the board in the hopes of Milne getting to fuck.

The apathy has been going on for so long it seems everyone is resigned to that cunt being there for the long term. Until he's gone there's not one single thing anyone can do that will ever get us out of the shit he's put us in.

Maverick Sheep has hit the nail on the head as afr as I am concerned. I am relatively new to this forum but have been an Aberdeen fan for 35 years and cannot believe the lack of scrutiny of the disastrous reign of Stewart Milne.

The common thread to Aberdeen's worst spell in their history is Milne. Try as he might he cannot provide the vision or the ideas that will make Aberdeen a team that can at least compete with teams like Hearts and Dundee Utd let alone Celtic and Rangers.

His long term strategy to leave Pittodrie has left us with a stadium that is not fit for purpose, a new stadium proposal that doesn't appear to have a credible business plan and increasingly looks like a white elephant even before a shovel has hit the ground (why does Milne thank Aberdeen can afford a £38m stadium when plenty of English sides with EPL TV money can't afford them without slipping into administration).

To top that it looks like he is about to betray the Aberdeen support by letting Rangers off the hook.

Aberdeen fans have nothing left to lose (like many other football fans in Scotland). They should be seeking a supporter led takeover to get Milne out and remain at Pittodrie. What have we got to lose? The alternative is a white elephant stadium that will bankrupt the club and Rangers continuing in their present form. Who will step in to save Aberdeen then? Or, the fans could take matters into our own hands and run the club ourselves. It will mean short term pain no doubt but we will be once again leading the way in Scotland as opposed to playing a game of catch up we can never win.

The Trust should be leading on the criticism of Milne and the Board. However, the Club have cleverly given them a seat at the table to keep them quiet where they can discuss what colour the paint should be on the outside of the new stadium and what beers should be stocked in the bar. Does no-one see the strategy of the Board there?

Events like Saturday should be the springboard to at least questioning the role of Milne in Aberdeen's recent sorry history. Are the fans up for it though? There are plenty of forums that seem to be dissatisfied, time to co-ordinate them and make their voice heard.

Maverick Sheep has hit the nail on the head as afr as I am concerned. I am relatively new to this forum but have been an Aberdeen fan for 35 years and cannot believe the lack of scrutiny of the disastrous reign of Stewart Milne.

The common thread to Aberdeen's worst spell in their history is Milne. Try as he might he cannot provide the vision or the ideas that will make Aberdeen a team that can at least compete with teams like Hearts and Dundee Utd let alone Celtic and Rangers.

His long term strategy to leave Pittodrie has left us with a stadium that is not fit for purpose, a new stadium proposal that doesn't appear to have a credible business plan and increasingly looks like a white elephant even before a shovel has hit the ground (why does Milne thank Aberdeen can afford a £38m stadium when plenty of English sides with EPL TV money can't afford them without slipping into administration).

To top that it looks like he is about to betray the Aberdeen support by letting Rangers off the hook.

Aberdeen fans have nothing left to lose (like many other football fans in Scotland). They should be seeking a supporter led takeover to get Milne out and remain at Pittodrie. What have we got to lose? The alternative is a white elephant stadium that will bankrupt the club and Rangers continuing in their present form. Who will step in to save Aberdeen then? Or, the fans could take matters into our own hands and run the club ourselves. It will mean short term pain no doubt but we will be once again leading the way in Scotland as opposed to playing a game of catch up we can never win.

The Trust should be leading on the criticism of Milne and the Board. However, the Club have cleverly given them a seat at the table to keep them quiet where they can discuss what colour the paint should be on the outside of the new stadium and what beers should be stocked in the bar. Does no-one see the strategy of the Board there?

Events like Saturday should be the springboard to at least questioning the role of Milne in Aberdeen's recent sorry history. Are the fans up for it though? There are plenty of forums that seem to be dissatisfied, time to co-ordinate them and make their voice heard.

:clap:

I might be alone in this but I thought, at the time anyway, that Mackie being put on for Clark was a good idea. Every time Clark got the ball he seemed to stop, consider what to do which gave Hibs enough time to get into a decent defensive position, and Clark would therefore be forced to pass the ball backwards.

At least with Mackie there was someone with pace who didn't slow down every attack that came through him.

I'm not saying he's a great player but I thought that substitution made sense.