Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Hibs - Sco Cup SF

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs were very poor and we were worse.

Their second was offisde and we might have had a penalty for the challenge on Considine... if we were one of the Ugly Sisters I rather fancy we would have... But that doesn't detract from yet another semi-final car-crash of a performance.

Poor poor performances from the players and the managment team. Too many punts, too many missed tackles and half-hearted challenges, too many hopeful flicks and headers, no genuine quality, no guts, no intelligence, no sense of being 'up-for-the-cup' or giving a fuck that however many thousand hard-working fans had spent money they couldn't really afford to come and cheer them on.

Getting sick of watching Broon's weepy, confused grimacing and staring on the sideline, whilst the team flounders around exactly like the most ramshackle and disorganised squads under any number of previous managers of the last dozen or so seasons.

Utter shite.

I won't be listening to, never mind going to, any games for the rest of the season and for the first time ever I just can't see myself getting sucked back in next.

Beyond bored with Aberdeen and the whole farce that is Scottish football.

Think I'll just take up punching myself repeatedly in the head instead; it'll probably be more fun.

:hammer:

Good points stubo72. We dominated the midfield, but cleary lacked any sort of presence upfront. Fallon's goal could've been recorded as a fluke, had he not already scored two beauties against Motherwell in the QF. But we did nothing upfront. Hibs were quite happy to sit back and soak us up and wait for the opportunity to flick it out to O'Connor and Griffiths who, tbh, were by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the most dangerous players on the park today.

Well done Aberdeen, you bottled it yet again. Maybe we should ask to play SF's at Tannadice/Tynecastle/etc. We seem to have more success there than at Hampden

Fallon's goal was a belter and almost papered over the cracks, but it turned out the cracks were just a bit too big. (I'll now sit back and await fatjim's anal-necrophiliac-sex reference...) :)

We still have a squad of has-beens, never-weres and never-will-bes. The quality of football is shocking and the entertainment value is nil. I just don't see what we are supposed to get out of supporting AFC these days, except an overdraft and a fucking ulcer!

Sure going to the games is (well, was) a great bounce, often regardless of the result, but there has to be some element of entertainment, excitement and (pleasant) surprise every now and then, surely?!? Fans can't be expected to turn up to games just to have their worst suspicions confirmed every week?! Paying 20-odd quid to see a Don's game these days (and to pay the wages of a bunch of gutless duffers) is just guaranteed tedium and frustration.

I get enough of that at home (boom boom)...

:(

Gutted. Felt worse at Full time today than i did after QoS.

Thought that after Fallon scored that belter we'd push on. We dominated Midfield. Defence didnt have too much problems apart from the two goals (Who the fuck was marking o'connor for the first??? Pathetic defending :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:) Sure there was a foul on Vernon just before their 2nd. All if's and buts

When Jason Brown came over to the fans (noticed he was the only one who did, the rest either bolted up the tunnel or just slowly walked off) had what looked like a tear in his eye. Think he was the only player that felt the pain we had just suffered

Thought we were the better team but it was all about the early goal, we were fucked from then on. Fallon's goal was brilliant.

The ref cost us extra time - clear foul on Vernon leading up to the winner. Utter disgrace from the ref.

Will be a long time before I go to another game. The club will have lost some more fans today.