Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Hibs - Sco Cup SF

Apparently there is to be a singing section at Hampden, sections B5 and B6 @£15 a ticket

hampden11122.png

Personally I hate the idea of a singing section at a semi final.  We didn't have one at either of the two semi's in 2008 or the Lge Cup semi last year and my recollection was the whole support on their feet giving it laldy.  Then we had a singing section last time out vs Celtic and I spent half the game arguing with folk telling me to sit down and shut up.

But some folk seem to think we need this and have lobbied the club for it again.

Personally I reckon if we need a singing section at a cup semifinal the game's a bogey.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VIP Hospitality Package at Hampden

We are also delighted to announce details of a VIP hospitality package which is available at Hampden.

Hospitality Package includes:

· A selection of hot filled rolls, pastries and croissants breakfast

· VIP itinerary wallet

· Half time refreshments

· VIP seating in the BT Scotland Stand

· Post match champagne reception

· Superior three course lunch with wine and liquers

· 2 ½ hours complimentary post match bar

· Official teamsheet

· Souvenir programme

· Corporate gift

· Official Hampden car park pass* (One pass per four guests for the car park in front of the Stadium)

Cost: £185 + VAT per person

Bookings can be made by calling 0141 620 4040 or by downloading and completing the booking form below.

Supporters are also urged to retain their tickets from the SPL match against Inverness Caley Thistle on the 24th March, the game with Dundee United on Saturday 7th April and post-split home games as, in the event of Aberdeen reaching the final, a voucher system will operate.

Do they really think they'll need a voucher system if we made the final? Or is this just a way of trying to boost gates for what will be fairly meaningless games?

Suppose if we were in the final against Celtic, we'd probably only get given about 20% of the stadium, to leave room for all those sailing over from Ireland to see their local team.

Supporters are also urged to retain their tickets from the SPL match against Inverness Caley Thistle on the 24th March, the game with Dundee United on Saturday 7th April and post-split home games as, in the event of Aberdeen reaching the final, a voucher system will operate.

Do they really think they'll need a voucher system if we made the final? Or is this just a way of trying to boost gates for what will be fairly meaningless games?

Suppose if we were in the final against Celtic, we'd probably only get given about 20% of the stadium, to leave room for all those sailing over from Ireland to see their local team.

Might as well try to do something to boost attendances at the next few games.  Also means fans who have been going along and backing the team get priority but lets not go getting ahead of ourselves, remember last time we all started making plans for a final  >:D:hammer:

Might as well try to do something to boost attendances at the next few games.  Also means fans who have been going along and backing the team get priority but lets not go getting ahead of ourselves, remember last time we all started making plans for a final  >:D:hammer:

the jinx has already been set with their voucher scheme news

Bit like having the open top bus parked outside the RDS on the morning of the 2000 scottish cup final :hammer:

Well I haven't been to Pittodrie for nearly 2 years but I can't believe I will struggle to get a ticket if we do make it to the final

Did you start supporting the dons when you were 18 then?

No  :P

Aberdeen FC players must fight to earn their place at Hampden’

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today warned his players Hampden places are at stake when they tackle Inverness Caley Thistle at the weekend.

Aberdeen FC face Caley at Pittodrie in an SPL match that has been rendered virtually meaningless because neither side will qualify for the top six.

But Brown told his players they could miss out on facing Hibs at the national stadium in the Scottish Cup semis if they let their performance levels drop.

MMA-aka-cage-fighting-001.jpg

http://splstats.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/since-1902.jpg

Hibs face Ayr United in the Scottish Cup quarter-final tomorrow, as they continue what will be their 98th attempt at winning the Scottish Cup since their last success in 1902.  25 different clubs have eliminated them from the cup since that last victory, including tomorrow’s opponents Ayr, who beat them last year.  Their most frequent conquerors have been Rangers and Aberdeen, who have both knocked Hibs out 13 times since that 1902 victory.  Hibs have played in 8 finals since 1902, without winning any of them.

To properly look at the graph, you’ll probably have to click on it twice to enlarge it.  It should be “zoomable”.  The graph shows the performance of Hibs in the Scottish Cup since they last won it in 1902.  The bottom of the bars represent the round where Hibs entered, while the the top of the bars represent the stage where they were eliminated.  The names of the earlier rounds have changed a few times in the intervening period, so I have simply named them “Last 64?, “Last 32? and “Last 16? for simplicity.  The badges included are those of the clubs who eliminated Hibs (Armadale FC didn’t appear to have a badge, so I’ve put their name in instead).

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours suggesting we have already sold our initial 12,500 allocation which I would both surprising and pleasing.

Sounds like Hibs have sold a bit more aswell so looking like a half respectable crowd

Probably because both sets of fans rightfully think the other team is completely gash and there's a chance of semi-final "glory".

If your team is in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-finals and you fancy taking part in the matchday action, pick up a copy of today’s Daily Record to enter the Carling Mates Challenge competition (over 18s only).

A set of four mates for each team is required to do the challenge at half time and try to win themselves hospitality at this season's final.

Three Aberdeen FC strikers in line to partner Vernon in semi-final

Pressure on front men to team up with Scott

By Charlie Allan

Published: 05/04/2012 :wave:

ABERDEEN FC strikers were today warned they are running out of time to book a starting slot at Hampden.

Manager Craig Brown admitted having now gone three SPL matches in a row without finding the net is a “huge concern” with their Scottish Cup semi-final clash with Hibs looming.

Top scorer Scott Vernon, is safe after netting 12 times for Aberdeen FC this season. It leaves Rory Fallon, Darren Mackie and Mitch Megginson battling it out for the right to partner Vernon in the semi.