Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

An open letter to Aberdeen FC's want-away wonderkid Fraser Fyvie.

jimbo1985

realistically, what is he going to learn by staying at Aberdeen?

we play in a joke of a league and even then we can't compete.

if that's what is called a football education, then it's no wonder our national team is hopeless now too.

the days of getting massive fees for youth players are gone for our club and anyone else in Scotland.

I don't blame Fyvie or any other youngster for going down south where

a the football is a better standard.

b there's far more money (football is their living afterall)

Also, using the example of Anderson is pointless. injuries ruined his english dream.

Agreed, Graeme. Anderson was good enough to do a job in the EPL at the time he left us.

Although..

Getting skinned by and then taking down Emile Heskey could've happened to anyone!  :-\

Seriously though. Heskey was a better player in 2007.

realistically, what is he going to learn by staying at Aberdeen?

we play in a joke of a league and even then we can't compete.

if that's what is called a football education, then it's no wonder our national team is hopeless now too.

the days of getting massive fees for youth players are gone for our club and anyone else in Scotland.

I don't blame Fyvie or any other youngster for going down south where

a the football is a better standard.

b there's far more money (football is their living afterall)

Also, using the example of Anderson is pointless. injuries ruined his english dream.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter tbh but I disagree that he wouldn't develop in Scotland. You can't buy first team experience which is something he is unlikely to experience in England. That said, I don't blame him, because as you say, the football is generally shite and you get pittance for it.

5 hunner grand would do.

I'd happily accept that. True, his development has stalled but I don't think he'll make the grade in the EPL. I know GD cited McArthur and McCarthy as examples, but arguably they were a lot more developed when they left than Fyvie currently is, and had more pace. He needs to work on that if he's going to succeed.

I'd happily accept that. True, his development has stalled but I don't think he'll make the grade in the EPL. I know GD cited McArthur and McCarthy as examples, but arguably they were a lot more developed when they left than Fyvie currently is, and had more pace. He needs to work on that if he's going to succeed.

Indeed, it was more a case of highlighting the sheer imbalance in that gay open letter.