Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

6 Nations 2012

glasgow sheep

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy. But a word of caution, I was at an Ireland game there about 8 years ago, and they always take a big support, and because there's no segregation it soon became unbearable when they went ahead. Unsurprisingly the gloating nature of their fans reminded me of us getting a hiding from Celtic, it wasn't pretty.

Irish cunts.

Enjoy. But a word of caution, I was at an Ireland game there about 8 years ago, and they always take a big support, and because there's no segregation it soon became unbearable when they went ahead. Unsurprisingly the gloating nature of their fans reminded me of us getting a hiding from Celtic, it wasn't pretty.

Irish cunts.

I suspect that wont be an issue today ;)

Remarkable that Scotland won that with so little of the ball. Fantastic result!

Really wasn't impressed by Scott Johnson's appointment but he's really got them playing like a team and I'd be disappointed if he doesn't sign a longer-term contract.

They were poor today but still won. And when you look at the Irish squad compared to Scotland I really think we should be beating them for the next few years.

I'm a bit torn about the next game though. If we beat Wales it hands the title to England unless we can win in Paris! I do hope Scotland win, but at the same time...  :

Fuck it mav, im going and want to see a win. I had a good feeling about the game today but really didn't expect it to actually happen. Great team effort and were very fortunate in that Ireland couldn't finish for the life of them. Also, I have a welsh friend coming along and he would be unbearable if the taffs won.

Very impressed with what Johnson has done so far. I wonder if jute lasted the full 80 :D

Played terribly but got a win. Enjoyed the game. There was a very annoying Irish girl sitting near us who was gloating with her high-pitched voice, pissing off everyone around her. Looking at her face when we won made the win all the sweeter.

Fuck it mav, im going and want to see a win. I had a good feeling about the game today but really didn't expect it to actually happen. Great team effort and were very fortunate in that Ireland couldn't finish for the life of them. Also, I have a welsh friend coming along and he would be unbearable if the taffs won.

Very impressed with what Johnson has done so far. I wonder if jute lasted the full 80 :D

I did as was there with work. Game it's self was pretty poor quality but exciting finish. Decent day out and cannot help but think that SFA made a big mistake when they never went in with SRU to share Murrayfield. Cracking stadium and makes you realise how bad Hampden really is.

I did as was there with work. Game it's self was pretty poor quality but exciting finish. Decent day out and cannot help but think that SFA made a big mistake when they never went in with SRU to share Murrayfield. Cracking stadium and makes you realise how bad Hampden really is.

Just add that to the list of SFA fuck ups.  It is a stunning stadium.

Fully agree. Murrayfield is easily my favourite stadium in Scotland and it's criminally under-used. Hampden is easily my least favourite. Never experienced a good atmosphere in the new hampden, even when full.

Fully agree. Murrayfield is easily my favourite stadium in Scotland and it's criminally under-used. Hampden is easily my least favourite. Never experienced a good atmosphere in the new hampden, even when full.

Of the 3 or 4 times i've been to Hampden, it's been shite.  The one time I went to Murrayfield (to see hearts - AEK) I had a great time, they got pumped 4-1 :D

Even then, the atmosphere was better than any atmosphere i'd witnessed at hampden. I hate that place :(

IMHO my honest opinion the atmosphere at Hampden for a Scottish football game pisses all over the atmosphere for the oversized-peanut-hugging at Murrayfield from a huge height.  There's no question Murrayfield is the better stadium, but Hampden can generate a cracking bounce.

I've only seen Aberdeen lose at Hampden in the last few years, so it's always been shite. I imagine if we were dominating / winning there it would be excellent.  The old Wembley was shite, but being there to see a Scotland victory was easily my best experience as a fan.

Been to Murrayfield loads of times, nice stadium but atmosphere can be poor, again down to the low levels of excitement being generated from the pitch.

I've only seen Aberdeen lose at Hampden in the last few years, so it's always been shite. I imagine if we were dominating / winning there it would be excellent.  The old Wembley was shite, but being there to see a Scotland victory was easily my best experience as a fan.

Been to Murrayfield loads of times, nice stadium but atmosphere can be poor, again down to the low levels of excitement being generated from the pitch.

Is that not because rubgay is a truly awful sport?

IMHO my honest opinion the atmosphere at Hampden for a Scottish football game pisses all over the atmosphere for the oversized-peanut-hugging at Murrayfield from a huge height.  There's no question Murrayfield is the better stadium, but Hampden can generate a cracking bounce.

Aye true, i thought the south stand was gonna collapse with the bounce when we scored against France  ;D

Murrayfield is a cracking stadium and it's nice to be able to drink and the food stalls are good. I totally forgot that i had been to the french match last year when I was going on about it being my first 6 nations game - probably cause that match is a bit hazy with all the cider I drank during it  :thumbsup: