Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Forfar v Aberdeen - William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round

Christiania land? :rastaman:

That still going? I thought they were going to close it?

Anyway:

Forfar have been refused permission to field on-loan Aberdeen duo Joe Shaughnessy and Nicky Low.

The Loons will also be without on-loan Dundee United goalkeeper Marc McCallum as the Tannadice club have not granted him clearance to play.

Midfielder Chris Hegarty is missing through suspension.

New Aberdeen signing Mark Reynolds could replace Richard Foster in the squad, with the latter expected to complete a move to Bristol City.

Forfar Athletic manager Dick Campbell: "A real battling performance against Aberdeen would be the perfect response after disappointing results in the league.

"I am not overly interested in their record in cup competitions against teams from lower leagues. All I am interested in is Forfar doing the best they can and then we can takes things from there."

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown: "We'll be at full strength. I didn't field our strongest team against East Fife [in the Scottish League Cup] and we lost on penalties.

"You don't expect professional players to miss three out of six penalties.

"It was a freak result, it was a gross injustice in play. We have to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Aberdeen Team: Brown, Osbourne, McArdle, Reynolds, Robertson, Jack, Arnason, Fyvie, Pawlett, Chalali, Vernon.

Not a bad line-up. This game on the radio anywhere?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah - forfars ground is terrible when it's busy.

I went to see Partick Thistle win a promotion there a good few seasons ago. The toilet is like a brick oothoose with a sloping floor. It had got blocked up and the whole floor was literally a giant pool of pish. You had to stand at the door of the outhouse and just aim into the huge puddle haha

Strangely, I saw thistle beat them at firhill to win promotion when i was too young to know better(?).

Still my only pitch invasion! even euro qualification gets sacking and apathy at afc.

This is the year though, victory at stybrox, scottish cup winners....AND top six!