Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs v Dons 2/1/12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what he more or less said did he not?

I know I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of impartial commentary and punditry but once again I was.  :-[ Fucking ridiculous.

And how everyone so fucking sure that that was a penalty I'll never know. It was as much the striker "leaning" in on Considine. Well done to the ref for not taking the easy route and pointing to the spot.

Pretty much in agreement with this, had no real clue at the match, simply no chance of telling from the Shed but the throw in and pens were dubious for me, nowhere near the simple clear cut decisions that Whitney and Avril were making out.

As GD says, quit greeting. 

Four and a half hours after the event was how long it took to be mentioned. It's a point for debate. It's what webchatspeaksites are for.

You ever considered that Aberdeen fans might actually go to the odd fucking game and aren't sitting on the internet straight after every win to argue about our winning goal.

Also, those that are on the internet straight after a game, tend to not have seen the fucking game as they were on the internet during the game.

I couldn't be arsed getting up early so missed the game.

Excellent choice i'm sure you'll all agree.

MOHAMED CHALALI enjoyed his first Dons goal so much he wished he could've given every member of the Red Army the shirt off his back.

Aberdeen hitman Chalali came off the bench to equalise with his first touch in Monday's 2-1 win over Dundee United.

The Algerian ace dedicated his goal to Aberdeen's massive 4,000 following at Tannadice.

Chalali failed to hit the target with previous clubs Le Havre in France and Panionios in Greece.

He admits Pittodrie gaffer Craig Brown took a gamble on him and now he is desperate to repay him with more goals.

Chalali said: "It was absolutely fantastic to get the goal against United with my first touch as it was a very important one for Aberdeen.

"I want to say a big thank you to the fans as they were fantastic and we worked hard to win the game for them.

"The supporters always want you to do well and it was like we were playing with 12 against 11 at Tannadice with their incredible backing.

"I threw my shirt to a fan at the end and I don't think the kitman was too happy.

"But if I had 4,000 shirts I would have given them one each for their amazing support.

It is a good start to the year, but I have to keep working hard as one goal is nothing, I want to score more.

"I want to prove the coaches did not make a mistake when they signed me and want to give more for the team.

"Now we have to keep in mind how we played in the last 20 minutes at Tannadice when we gave our all to win.

"Some of the players couldn't even speak in the dressing room as they were so tired after such a tough game."

Victory moved Dons ten points clear of the bottom spot they occupied at the start of December.

Kari Arnason's stunning 35-yard effort clinched the win after Chalali's earlier leveller.

Chalali raced straight over to physios John Sharp and Davie Wylie to celebrate with them, as he promised to do after they got him fit to play at Tannadice.

He added: "When I scored I ran to see our physios John and Dave as I was injured in the game against Hibs and have been in a lot of pain, but they helped me get back.

"They told me to forget about the pain as they needed me to play even if it was only for 20 minutes.

"I said if I did go on and score I would come and see them so we joked about that. But when I scored I immediately thought about them and wanted to say thanks for the job they did as they got me back quickly from that injury."

Chalali now aims to break into Algeria's senior side.

He is praying coach Vahid Halilhodzic will promote him to the Desert Foxes' first team.

He said: "I've not been playing badly — I've just been really out of luck.

"I've played some good games, created goals for my team-mates and hit the woodwork, but the ball just wouldn't go in for me.

"Everyone at Aberdeen knows I have been unfortunate.

"I've had to be patient, but thankfully my efforts have finally paid off.

"I hope the new year will bring me a lot more goals. I have worked hard, and this goal is just reward for me.

"I've heard the Algeria coach has made a note of my name. I have to keep on working hard, and maybe there will be a place for me in his senior team.

"If I get the chance I will seize it, but I need to keep up my performance levels at Aberdeen."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4036640/I-wished-I-had-4000-Dons-shirts-for-our-fans.html#ixzz1iaMbMAIZ

Joking aside, that's a fucking disgrace.

aye glad we went to whites (despite the mustard gas someone was releasing near the bar every so often)

Over heard some twats in the offie boasting about how when ready to leave which ever pub they were in after the match the all smashed there glasses off the floor.

Classy

Dundee United manager Peter Houston faces a two match ban for comments criticising the officials after the defeat by Aberdeen on 2 January.

The suspension has been offered by the Scottish Football Association's compliant officer and Houston has until 1300 GMT on 13 January to respond.

Should the United boss wish to appeal the ban a hearing will take place on Thursday 26 January.

The SFA state this case does not fall under their fast track process.

United lost 2-1 to Aberdeen in their first fixture of the new year but Houston was unhappy with the officials, in particular the assistant referee Alan Mulvanny.

Houston felt his side should have had a penalty and they also should have been awarded a throw-in during the lead-up to the Dons' equalising goal.

The United boss speaking to BBC Scotland after the match said : "The assistant did not get involved at the penalty but certainly got involved in the equaliser.

"As far as I'm concerned, the assistant linesman on this side, I have to question his capability to perform at this level. Maybe it's too much for him."

I love how they say offered these days! Still, GIRFUY houston  :wave: