Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Arabs v Dons 2/1/12

Have to say watching that video the Dundee United fan shot, the crowd noise was absolutely amazing.

Newbie - no, I'm sort of a traveling fan. I have been looking for a Scottish to really support for a few years.  Was on P&b, and one of the posters over there gave me some insight on the Aberdeen situation, and I'm always game for a struggling team.

You won't find me insulting any Aberdeen fans, or probably any other clubs' fans either, well maybe Rangers, but that can't be helped.

As for the goal, you can blame any Dundee United player(s) you want, as most will say - it was a wonderstrike and Arnason deserves all the accolades that come his way for that strike.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say watching that video the Dundee United fan shot, the crowd noise was absolutely amazing.

Newbie - no, I'm sort of a traveling fan. I have been looking for a Scottish to really support for a few years.  Was on P&b, and one of the posters over there gave me some insight on the Aberdeen situation, and I'm always game for a struggling team.

You won't find me insulting any Aberdeen fans, or probably any other clubs' fans either, well maybe Rangers, but that can't be helped.

As for the goal, you can blame any Dundee United player(s) you want, as most will say - it was a wonderstrike and Arnason deserves all the accolades that come his way for that strike.

You're going to fit in just swell, real swell.

Can I just ask, have you ever supported a Scottish team, or any team?

Also, what country are you from/did you grow up in?

You're going to fit in just swell, real swell.

Can I just ask, have you ever supported a Scottish team, or any team?

Also, what country are you from/did you grow up in?

Sure you can ask.

Been a West Ham fan since 1993. 

Scottish teams - its a long story, and not the place for a long story. In any case, I live in the US, been here all my life.

Worked in the game both in the US and Europe. Have roots in Scotland, but haven't been there yet. Hoping I can make a trip in later 2012 or 2013.

Sure you can ask.

Scottish teams - its a long story, and not the place for a long story. In any case, I live in the US, been here all my life.

Worked in the game both in the US and Europe. Have roots in Scotland, but haven't been there yet. Hoping I can make a trip in later 2012 or 2013.

Welcome aboard mate. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Short version. My cousin's lived in Aberdeen in the 90's for six years. Her husband wasn't a soccer fan, but they would send me soccer mags, and one Aberdeen match program. 

She also told me that they had a monument of some sort to a guy with the my name of Davidson. (Sir Robert Davidson I believe). 

But back in those days, the interwebs weren't as plentiful as they are now. Also I'm from New Orleans, so the Saints are our NFL team. So I was attracted to both St Mirren and St Johnstone - so those three teams have always been the ones I follow, at least a little bit.

Sure you can ask.

Welcome aboard  :thumbsup:

Was annoyed the BBC didn't show our goal this morning, only the jimbos (as the ss presenter called them) and the cheeks goals.

Nail firmly on head mate  :thumbsup:

Couldn't give a flying fuck if their keeper is in any way at fault, we still get the three points....end of story

Onwards and upwards

Come on you Irons, Come on you Irons!

Hemmin, forget that St Mirren and St Johnstone pish... and when ye visit in 2012/2013 can ye please bring me some Andouille sausages and some File powder, thanks loon!

I worked with a Saints fan fae Lafayette oot on a drilling rig in the US a year ago. He shot a deer from the rig floor, and then got some ducks oot shooting the day after - the gumbo was f**kin superb, min! So the Saint's are my NFL team.

Gumbo is proof their is a God in heaven.

My wife can make a fantastic andouille and chicken gumbo. So good.

St Mirren - made a few friends on their site, St Johnstone, as soon as my "Cousin"Murray leaves, I'll probably go as well.

I'm not seeking to take any shine off. I have zero precedence in this regard.

Really?

Great strike but it should never go in from there when straight at the keeper, even when coming in off the underside of the bar. Shocking error.

I think we have a different definition of  the phrase shocking error rocket

Your insult towards Aberdeen fans generally is noted.

note away, i just dont like people trying to kill the moment of beating the jutes like that.  My arab mate is RAGING, had a fucking field day with him :)

oh and as for keeper error if he had saved it it would have been called a wonder save so no i don't think he was particularly culpable,

As in Davidson  ???

He's not really my cousin, I just claim him. When I was doing some family history, I noticed that St Johnstone had a couple of other Davidson's in their hall of fame, Billy (?) and Callum, then they signed Murray from Livingstone (i think).  So I started paying attention to them.

I heard Celtic and Rangers were both chasing him, so I assume he'll be gone before too long.

How do you rate him?

Waiting for Levein to insist United were robbed by bad reffing.

That's what he more or less said did he not?

I know I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of impartial commentary and punditry but once again I was.  :-[ Fucking ridiculous.

And how everyone so fucking sure that that was a penalty I'll never know. It was as much the striker "leaning" in on Considine. Well done to the ref for not taking the easy route and pointing to the spot.

That's what he more or less said did he not?

I know I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of impartial commentary and punditry but once again I was.  :-[ Fucking ridiculous.

And how everyone so fucking sure that that was a penalty I'll never know. It was as much the striker "leaning" in on Considine. Well done to the ref for not taking the easy route and pointing to the spot.

They also said it was definitely a Utd throw in.

How anyone could tell from the footage I'm not sure.