Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Arabs v Dons 2/1/12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Houston blaming the officials. Saying they should have had a throw in at the build up to our goal and they should have had a penalty. No mention of the foul leading up to their opening goal. Red tv said there was a foul on one of our defenders.

No mention of the fact they had more corners etc? :D

GIRFUY you jutey minky bastards  :thumbsup:

Well done to the support today, it sounded amazing. Come on you Reds! Lets build on this, this was a huge result for us! Cannot wait to see the highlights.

:AFC::ultras::AFC:

Oh and well switched Craig Brown! Good tactical decision at half time  :thumbsup:

We were incredible all the way through the game, didn't stop singing other to boo the team off at half time only to cheer them back onto the park.

I was shouting from behind Brown at the start of the 2nd half to get Arneson into Midfield and Chalali on for Fallon so I think I should take that tactical credit ,,,, but must have been someone else who told Brown to take off Millson and put on Clark cos it wasna me :(

Great day, great goals and gonna be a great night , well done The Dons so STAND FREEEE  :thumbsup:

Who will mention the inept Pernis first? Great strike but it should never go in from there when straight at the keeper, even when coming in off the underside of the bar. Shocking error.

I'm new here, but it appears that you were the first to mention Pernis' error.

Do I win a prize?

===

Saw the video of Arnason's strike from the Dundee United supporter - 1) Classy goal 2) Amazing fan explosion of joy, 3) Classy move by the Dundee United fan for posting. 

I'm not seeking to take any shine off. I have zero precedence in this regard.

Your insult towards Aberdeen fans generally is noted.

So you deny any keeper culpability?

Yes. I would deny any keeper culpability.

1) Shots from 40 yards are not usually expected.

2) The shot was a laser

3) it hit the underside of the bar

4) A good keeper does not stand on his line waiting for shots from 40 yards

5) It was an amazing shot

6) It was a fantastic goal.

I totally agree with 2, 3, 5 & 6. We disagree on the main point however. I give a 20 to 30% contributory negligence factor to Pernis.

I hate to get into this, but I've played about 300 games in goal in my life. Unless Arnason has a rep for hitting long range missiles, you step up at least to the six so you can cover an balls that run long into the box . YOU SHOULD NEVER STAND ON YOUR LINE  unless its a PK.

Please just give it up, I really don't like my first three points to be spent arguing whether the goalie was at fault. If you are going to start blaming the goalie, then blame the mid who didn't step up and close down Arnason's shot. That's really where the fault lies, never give a guy the chance at that shot.

I couldnt give a fuck if Pernis was slightly at fault. It was a screamer. Nuff said!

Agreed, fook me, bloody el ..... can we no just compliment Arneson on a wonder strike and be thankful it gave us 3 points when in reality we were lucky to still be in the game at half time.

Same scenario was St Mirrens equaliser against us from a 30 yeard free kick from Cerny that went in off the bar and made Jason Brown look like a dodgy keeper ..... nobody really mentioned that and it cost us 2 points ,,,,,,,

Guys ,,, WE WON !!!!! Take the strike as a positive rather than try find fault with another keeper .... they make mistakes , thats football and in this case we got 3 points so celebrate ffs and stop taking the shine off it !!!

ps Jason Brown doesn't inspire confidence either but I really don't want any other team saying he was at fault for a future goal ... but he looked dodgy today ,,, but hey ,,, WE WON in front of a fantastic Aberdeen support...  so celebrate instead of sayong that we won by default ,,,,

ps I've been on the sauce so just saying what supporters at the game should be thinking ...

I hate to get into this, but I've played about 300 games in goal in my life. Unless Arnason has a rep for hitting long range missiles, you step up at least to the six so you can cover an balls that run long into the box . YOU SHOULD NEVER STAND ON YOUR LINE  unless its a PK.

Please just give it up, I really don't like my first three points to be spent arguing whether the goalie was at fault. If you are going to start blaming the goalie, then blame the mid who didn't step up and close down Arnason's shot. That's really where the fault lies, never give a guy the chance at that shot.

Well said  :thumbsup:

So just because you say there was absolutely zero fault from the keeper, that's how it is? And your qualifications are that you've played 300 plus games in that position? So no-one else is allowed to contribute to the debatable point on which you and I fundamentally disagree?

Any keeper would be embarrassed by getting beat from there. Your point where you said "usually" was a give-away. Anticipation of everything is what marks a good keeper. Much as it was an awesome strike, is it ok by you if I attribute a quarter of the reason for the goal to Pernis? Am I allowed to have this opinion?

As a newbie, how do you feel about the assertion that AFC fans are particularly negative? I'm still waiting for a response from that insulter of Aberdeen fans. You're not his alter ego are you?