Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Suarez

Kowalski

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring affair? You guys, like the media have loved every fucking second.  ::)

Mistakes were made and I'm glad apologies have been made since.

SAF stated that Suarez could've caused a riot by not shaking Evra's hand. Hmmm... seems highly unlikely to me. But what could easily have done and did almost cause a riot was Evra's OTT celebrations at the end right in front of Suarez. While we're banning people for unsportsmanlike behaviour we can ban Evra for that.  ::) And no, the fact that Evra was a victim in October doesn't make it ok. And folk wonder why he got booed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that this won't go away. Not for long anyway. The media and both sets of fans will get right back to it next time the clubs play.

Boring affair? You guys, like the media have loved every fucking second.  ::)

Mistakes were made and I'm glad apologies have been made since.

SAF stated that Suarez could've caused a riot by not shaking Evra's hand. Hmmm... seems highly unlikely to me. But what could easily have done and did almost cause a riot was Evra's OTT celebrations at the end right in front of Suarez. While we're banning people for unsportsmanlike behaviour we can ban Evra for that.  ::) And no, the fact that Evra was a victim in October doesn't make it ok. And folk wonder why he got booed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that this won't go away. Not for long anyway. The media and both sets of fans will get right back to it next time the clubs play.

So he got booed for doing something that he hadn't yet done? That really is amazing foresight.

Pretty much everyone - Ferguson included but you didn't mention that - agreed Evra was out of order. If only Dalglish and Liverpool weren't stupidly blind at the time and had admitted that one of their players had acted like a massive cunt all this nonsense could have been avoided.  Dalglish dug himself a hole and kept on digging. He's made an absolute mess of it and I wouldn't be surprised if he walks at the end of the season.

But they couldn't set aside the tribal aspect of it, they couldn't see it wasn't about Liverpool v Man Utd and actually about right v wrong.  Everyone knows Evra is an unlikeable prick, but that's nothing to do with this at all, is it? But it keeps getting peddled. What an absolute shambles.

So he got booed for doing something that he hadn't yet done? That really is amazing foresight.

Should've known some pedant would come up with that.  ::) I think it's obvious the point I was making was indeed something you admit yourself later on:

Everyone knows Evra is an unlikeable prick

And he was an unlikeable prick a couple of weeks back at Anfield. That's not a new thing. Hence he got booed. Are we still struggling to understand?

Pretty much everyone - Ferguson included but you didn't mention that - agreed Evra was out of order. If only Dalglish and Liverpool weren't stupidly blind at the time and had admitted that one of their players had acted like a massive cunt all this nonsense could have been avoided.  Dalglish dug himself a hole and kept on digging. He's made an absolute mess of it and I wouldn't be surprised if he walks at the end of the season.

But they couldn't set aside the tribal aspect of it, they couldn't see it wasn't about Liverpool v Man Utd and actually about right v wrong.  Everyone knows Evra is an unlikeable prick, but that's nothing to do with this at all, is it? But it keeps getting peddled. What an absolute shambles.

Ferguson did say that there was no need for it but then went on to more or less say it was ok and you couldn't blame him. Well if it had incited a riot then you fucking could and should have blamed him. My point was that everyone focused on this handshake thing but by far the greatest "riot" risk came from Evra's actions at the end of the game and compared to the handshake that's been largely overlooked. Whether Evra is the victim or not doesn't really matter at this point.

Yes Kenny has handled it badly. But is it really beyond the fucking realms of possibility that he genuinely wasn't aware that the handshake didn't take place? Suarez let him down. I think Kenny made an honest mistake and he has since apologised. Yet another case of something getter made to be a fucking huge deal when it just isn't.

And Geoff Shreeves is a cunt.

Should've known some pedant would come up with that.  ::) I think it's obvious the point I was making was indeed something you admit yourself later on:

And he was an unlikeable prick a couple of weeks back at Anfield. That's not a new thing. Hence he got booed. Are we still struggling to understand?

He was booed because Liverpool fans see him as the guy who got Suarez banned. Obviously that wasn't Suarez's fault. Oh no.

And if he wasn't booed for that, why did he not usually, regularly get booed at Anfield before all this?

Ferguson did say that there was no need for it but then went on to more or less say it was ok and you couldn't blame him. Well if it had incited a riot then you fucking could and should have blamed him. My point was that everyone focused on this handshake thing but by far the greatest "riot" risk came from Evra's actions at the end of the game and compared to the handshake that's been largely overlooked. Whether Evra is the victim or not doesn't really matter at this point.

Don't think either situation was going to incite a riot, to be honest.  Both players just made massive cunts of themselves.

Yes Kenny has handled it badly. But is it really beyond the fucking realms of possibility that he genuinely wasn't aware that the handshake didn't take place? Suarez let him down. I think Kenny made an honest mistake and he has since apologised. Yet another case of something getter made to be a fucking huge deal when it just isn't.

And Geoff Shreeves is a cunt.

I was talking about Dalglish at the start of this whole thing, not necessarily what he said on Saturday.  But he acted a cunt then, too. What a surprise.  I don't think Saturday was an honest mistake from him, he went on the defensive straight away without (if he's to be believed) not having all the facts in front of him.  Idiotic, to say the least.

Suarez may well have let Dalglish down on Saturday but Dalglish let himself down all through this and his reputation has suffered as a result. 

With hindsight no riots were caused. But I think my point is still a fair one. What Evra did was far more likely to cause one. If Evra had refused to shake Suarez's hand and Liverpool went on to win and then Suarez had danced around in front of Evra like a grade A fucking fud everyone would have went fucking mental. Ferguson would have accused him of exactly the same thing (inciting riots) and rightly so. I don't think it's fair that Evra's getting let off very lightly with it just because the consensus is that Suarez is a knob so it's funny.

I wouldn't be against Kenny walking at the end of the season. But only because of the results. Not because of any of this nonsense. This whole affair has been embarrassing and hugely thrilling for everyone who doesn't support LFC but I wouldn't want the manager to walk over these incidents.

With hindsight no riots were caused. But I think my point is still a fair one. What Evra did was far more likely to cause one. If Evra had refused to shake Suarez's hand and Liverpool went on to win and then Suarez had danced around in front of Evra like a grade A fucking fud everyone would have went fucking mental. Ferguson would have accused him of exactly the same thing (inciting riots) and rightly so.

All of that is hypothetical. Not worth getting bothered about man.

I wouldn't be against Kenny walking at the end of the season. But only because of the results. Not because of any of this nonsense. This whole affair has been embarrassing and hugely thrilling for everyone who doesn't support LFC but I wouldn't want the manager to walk over these incidents.

I don't like LFC, but I find this far from thrilling. It's been a desperate situation and it has brought out the worst in football fans (both sides and beyond) when it really wasn't about all that nonsense in the first place.

But yes, i'd be the same in that I'd want it to be down to actual football and not all this other stuff.  They should take a look at his transfer record in particular.  Henderson, Downing and Carroll... woeful.

My thoughts....

Even if Suarez is innocent and Evra made the whole thing up, he had the chance to be the bigger man and portray himself better than his current status of "racist, cheating thug".

Dalglish probably feels he has to defend/protect his players and I can understand that, but rather than just "no comment"-ing, he makes a fool of himself and Liverpool.

A bigger issue is Suarez lying to everyone at LFC about his handshake intentions and seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. If he was my player, I'd be shipping him.

Evra, especially as captain (I think), should know better than to do what he did.

All of that is hypothetical. Not worth getting bothered about man.

I don't like LFC, but I find this far from thrilling. It's been a desperate situation and it has brought out the worst in football fans (both sides and beyond) when it really wasn't about all that nonsense in the first place.

But yes, i'd be the same in that I'd want it to be down to actual football and not all this other stuff.  They should take a look at his transfer record in particular.  Henderson, Downing and Carroll... woeful.

Henderson was over priced. I questioned that price tag right at the start. They were probably all over priced but I still have hopes for them coming good. They're all on long term contracts. So I fucking hope they do.

So, Suarez behaved well and Dalglish has done fine. Glad that's all sorted. No idea how this all could have started . . . . oh, wait.

Not even a little nibble will you get from me for this. Fishing at it's worst.  :wave:

My thoughts....

Even if Suarez is innocent and Evra made the whole thing up, he had the chance to be the bigger man and portray himself better than his current status of "racist, cheating thug".

Dalglish probably feels he has to defend/protect his players and I can understand that, but rather than just "no comment"-ing, he makes a fool of himself and Liverpool.

A bigger issue is Suarez lying to everyone at LFC about his handshake intentions and seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. If he was my player, I'd be shipping him.

Evra, especially as captain (I think), should know better than to do what he did.

Agreed.  If he's going to lie to LFC about the handshake then I wonder if there is now doubt in Liverpool's minds about whether he lied to them about the whole racism thing.

Didn't Liverpool get rid of diouf because of him spitting on fans or something?

To be fair Suarez is a far better player but if you have standards for not spitting on fans then there should be higher standards for racism. In saying that though there is a lot of racism within football and it may be harder getting rid of it than they thought.

I wasn't fishing at all. Simply a sarcastic response.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Luis Suarez has been arrested for the murder of Whitney Houston in a racially motivated attack. Eye-witness Patrice Evra says he saw Suarez kill her at least 10 times. Sir Alex Ferguson has called for the death penalty. Kenny Dalglish says he has never heard of Whitney Houston and has questioned whether she ever actually existed. Howard Webb said he seen it all.

I wasn't fishing at all. Simply a sarcastic response.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Luis Suarez has been arrested for the murder of Whitney Houston in a racially motivated attack. Eye-witness Patrice Evra says he saw Suarez kill her at least 10 times. Sir Alex Ferguson has called for the death penalty. Kenny Dalglish says he has never heard of Whitney Houston and has questioned whether she ever actually existed. Howard Webb said he seen it all.

Fit? Is that an attempt to to trump Charlie Nicholas' attempt in the other thread in the shite banter stakes?

• 3 weeks later...