Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Suarez

Kowalski

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe folk are shocked that Evra got boo'd. Rightly or wrongly it was always going to happen. Dry yer eyes. At least no one sent him a bullet.

And I hope they throw the book at that moron that made the monkey gesture. Shocking. But there are morons in every support. No doubt about it.

good to see the Merseyside police have the definition of "racism" all cleared up... even if Bilbobawbaggins isn't able to tell us

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Liverpool-fans-arrested-for-being-racist-again?urn=sow-215111

Aye very good, cause those instances are exactly the same.

And I ignored your earlier question because it's fucking stupid, fud.

I can't believe folk are shocked that Evra got boo'd. Rightly or wrongly it was always going to happen. Dry yer eyes. At least no one sent him a bullet.

And I hope they throw the book at that moron that made the monkey gesture. Shocking. But there are morons in every support. No doubt about it.

No one's surprised, which is the point.

If several newspapers ran a story about a fan supporting the same football team as the Fiver being pictured directing what appeared to be monkey chants at a player on the opposition team, we're fairly confident we'd agree that directing what appear to be monkey chants at a black player on a rival team is a disgraceful thing that should not be tolerated in polite society. What we're fairly confident we wouldn't do is wedge a tinfoil hat over our ears, tape Polythene over the windows and take to the internet to bleat about outrageous media bias against our team, because the story in question made no mention of tasteless chants from rival fans, in which they mocked the victims of a horrible tragedy.

Drawing attention to the appalling behaviour of rival fans in a bid to deflect it away from the appalling behaviour of your own has long been a staple tactic of football supporters everywhere, but this season such sanctimonious yeah-but-what-about-ery seems to have plateaued into an art form. Where once the "their sectarian songs are more sectarian than our sectarian songs" defence so beloved of certain Queen's Celtic and Pope's O'Rangers fans has long been pathetic in a comical way, the shrill and sanctimonious yeah-but-what-about-ery line being peddled by certain Liverpool fans has become tedious, bordering on depressing.

Yes, yes ... we all know certain Manchester United fans sing tasteless songs about Hillsborough, just as we all know certain Liverpool fans sing equally tasteless songs about Munich, but quite what this has to do with a football fan directing what appear to be monkey chants at a black football player continues to baffle your admittedly simple Fiver. Hopefully it'll turn out to have been a big misunderstanding and the bloke in question just had really itchy armpits.

It is hard to imagine that the expected vitriol raining down on the 30-year-old from the stands at Anfield on Saturday will prove remotely as painful. Indeed, those Liverpool fans who cannot forgive the defender for accusing Luis Suárez of racial abuse and maintain, disingenuously, that the case represents a cynical playing of "the race card" are possibly also unaware that, on two previous occasions, Evra declined to support allegations he had been racially abused.

During another game against Liverpool, in 2006, two deaf fans, both lip-readers, complained to the police that Evra had been racially insulted by Steve Finnan, Liverpool's right-back. With Evra declining to become involved in the matter and Finnan vehemently denying such suggestions, video evidence eventually cleared the Republic of Ireland international.

Then, in April 2008, the so-called Battle of the Bridge erupted. This time Evra came to blows with Sam Bethell, Chelsea's head groundsman, as he warmed down after a match at Stamford Bridge. Two members of United's coaching staff, Mike Phelan and Richard Hartis, alleged that the player had been racially abused, but Bethell successfully rebutted their claims. Once again distancing himself from the furore, Evra declined to cite racist provocation as his defence and ended up being banned for four games and fined £15,000.

Couple of things from the Guardian I found interesting recently.

During another game against Liverpool, in 2006, two deaf fans, both lip-readers, complained to the police that Evra had been racially insulted by Steve Finnan, Liverpool's right-back. With Evra declining to become involved in the matter and Finnan vehemently denying such suggestions, video evidence eventually cleared the Republic of Ireland international.

WTF the fuck is the point in mentioning this if video evidence disproved the claim? ???

"There have been two occasions where Evra declined to support allegations of racism against him." Aye.. that's because there was only one. Strange. Of course it's written to help strengthen the condemnation of Suarez but no one needs any help with doing that.

The sooner all this shite gets put behind us the better. The moron with the monkey gesture hasn't helped and I hope they jail the cunt. But anyone who thinks this issue is unique to Liverpool fans is equally moronic.

WTF the fuck is the point in mentioning this if video evidence disproved the claim? ???

"There have been two occasions where Evra declined to support allegations of racism against him." Aye.. that's because there was only one. Strange. Of course it's written to help strengthen the condemnation of Suarez but no one needs any help with doing that.

It was mentioned at the time because Dalglish's first reaction to the news that Evra had complained was "He's got previous for this, hasn't he?" or words to that effect.  So, no Kenny... he doesn't. 

It was mentioned at the time because Dalglish's first reaction to the news that Evra had complained was "He's got previous for this, hasn't he?" or words to that effect.  So, no Kenny... he doesn't.

Was he not referring to something that happened in France? I thought he was. Although admittedly I can't remember details.

Even so.. Kenny hasn't handled it as well as he could have like.

Was he not referring to something that happened in France? I thought he was. Although admittedly I can't remember details.

Even so.. Kenny hasn't handled it as well as he could have like.

I used to have a lot of respect for Dalglish, that's diminished greatly over the way he acted on this.  He saw it as a Liverpool v Man Utd issue when it wasn't, and no one should view it as such.

I used to have a lot of respect for Dalglish, that's diminished greatly over the way he acted on this.  He saw it as a Liverpool v Man Utd issue when it wasn't, and no one should view it as such.

Big time, it was quite embarrassing to be honest. Though I'd have to give Tyrant his due, he's pretty much condemned these actions since.

Completely agree.  Its very sad to see the way he has acted throughout this sorry episode.

Dalglish is a fud. This is not opinion. It's a technical term which encapsulates his persona.

He makes me laff tragically. When asked about the disputed pen they got at the weekend he said "I'll go with the ref" with a guilty look on his thick weegie mug. When asked to comment on something that reflected very poorly on his player, he says "I never seen it".

He's a grade A fucking moron and hope he gets found out, for the sake of natural justice. SUPERB footballer he was.

Dalglish is a fud. This is not opinion. It's a technical term which encapsulates his persona.

He makes me laff tragically. When asked about the disputed pen they got at the weekend he said "I'll go with the ref" with a guilty look on his thick weegie mug. When asked to comment on something that reflected very poorly on his player, he says "I never seen it".

He's a grade A fucking moron and hope he gets found out, for the sake of natural justice. SUPERB footballer he was.

Aye because that's uncommon amongst managers, eh?  ::)

I've been calling for Kenny to be binned as manager for a while but not because of how he conducts himself in front of the press but because there have been too many home draws.

He's dry towards the press but Jesus it's better than being like someone such as Tony Pulis.

Anyone else think Kenny did another shocking interview after tonight's game? Some horrendous comments.

As in the 'never should've been banned'? Aye that was mental. Got a lot of immediate reaction, but somehow by the morning the press had forgotten about it. Bizarre. My guess is they don't want to force King Kenny out before the end of the season in case that stands in the way of Jefe Morinho's return to English football.

Aye, he's a classless cock. 

He should concentrate on getting his team actually winning at home rather than trying to fight a fight he shouldn't even be contemplating.

Managers are all two bollocks in the same nutsack. Why fergie thought it was his place to be commenting on the Capello/Terry/captaincy gubbins is a mystery to me.

I blame journalists. Asking people questions an shit. Bastards!