Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Suarez

Kowalski

Think the main reason behind them not appealing is currently ban will only cover two EPL games against Stoke and Bolton while the rest of the games will be FA and League cup. If they appealed could well mean him missing games against the bigger sides if they failed.

But surely they'll need him to break down Oldham's immense defence led by Zander Bawbag?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. Damned if they do and damned if they don't!

They've made the correct decision not to appeal. Not sure what you guys want?

I'm sure Luis will learn from this.

Now it's up to the FA to ensure that all similar current and future cases are dealt with with an equally harsh punishment.

I think the report published after the decision was made was more damning though I thought the heftiness of the punishment was a bit strange until that was released. Liverpool have not done very well throughout this, not appealing appears the first sensible thing they've done.

Jesus. Damned if they do and damned if they don't!

They've made the correct decision not to appeal. Not sure what you guys want?

I'm sure Luis will learn from this.

Now it's up to the FA to ensure that all similar current and future cases are dealt with with an equally harsh punishment.

An apology would be a start.

An apology would be a start.

Just because there hasn't been a public one doesn't mean there hasn't been one. As Kenny said umpteen times in the press conference that I saw yesterday there's a lot of what went on that simply isn't public. I'm one of the very few who follow Liverpool that don't think Kenny is the man to have in charge long term but personally I thought he handled that press conference brilliantly despite all the arsehole reporters asking their shit stirring questions. I've been strongly against racism for as long as I can remember. Ask anyone who knows me. I've thought about this a lot and if Suarez had called Evra a nigger or a black cunt or something like that the guy would have lost any backing from me but unlike most who've witnessed this case from the outside (which is everyone except Suarez, Evra and the people involved with the hearing) I understand that cultural differences can be huge and the reason I will continue to back Suarez is that I genuinely believe there was no real harm meant.

Liverpool are not appealing. That should be it.

Hopefully that will shut up the PC brigade.

What's funny to me is that when people of other religions come into our country we (Britain) bend over backwards not to offend them often by changing the way we've lived for ages and ages and we change our rules so that they can wear their fucking head scarves in their passport photos and driving licenses or so they can get days off for their religious holidays. The Government prides itself on this! Evidently the same cultural awareness is not exercised by the FA. 

What's funny to me is that when people of other religions come into our country we (Britain) bend over backwards not to offend them often by changing the way we've lived for ages and ages and we change our rules so that they can wear their fucking head scarves in their passport photos and driving licenses or so they can get days off for their religious holidays. The Government prides itself on this! Evidently the same cultural awareness is not exercised by the FA.

It's PC gone mad I tell ya!

:lolabove:

Britain is a shock to any system!

I think what he did deserved a ban but I don't he deserved to be made an example of. John Terry should have been that man. The "inconsistent evidence" thing is another issue entirely though.

Terry's case being dealt with by the police would suggest that case is being treated far more seriously and he will get the same or harsher punishment from the FA once they are allowed to deal with it.

Not sure what you guys want?

I'd like Liverpool to drop the constant persecution complex.

Fuck me sideways, you get the completely out of the blue, irrelevant right-wing bullshit award.

I'd like Liverpool to drop the constant persecution complex.

Fuck me sideways, you get the completely out of the blue, irrelevant right-wing bullshit award.

The constant persecution complex is a myth created by the media. Kenny was once again asked if he felt Liverpool were being unfairly targeted. He said no. You people don't have believe bullshit from the media when it suits you!

Right wing my arse min. I've always been for welcoming other cultures and religions. I haven't said otherwise anywhere ever. I'm a lot of fucking things but I'm not right wing. The complete opposite in fact. You've firmly got the wrong end of the stick.

John Terry will be made an example of but the FA can't do anything that would prejudice any criminal proceedings he's facing. Guaranteed similar ban for him.

The apology is lamentable.

I can completely understand the review panel not believing Suarez. Kuyt and Comolli changed their fucking story in between the end of the game and the hearing to match Suarez's story. I don't know why anyone would believe a word they say and the panel correctly labelled them as the liars they are.

Subsequently it's pretty easy to reach the conclusion that he said the word more than once and in a racist manner. I kicked you because you are black isn't a cultural misunderstanding, that's racism and don't drag out any shite about PC brigade.

Liverpool are clearly being managed by someone with the intellect of a can of special brew. He looks like he's been on it as well.

John Terry will be made an example of but the FA can't do anything that would prejudice any criminal proceedings he's facing. Guaranteed similar ban for him.

The apology is lamentable.

I can completely understand the review panel not believing Suarez. Kuyt and Comolli changed their fucking story in between the end of the game and the hearing to match Suarez's story. I don't know why anyone would believe a word they say and the panel correctly labelled them as the liars they are.

Subsequently it's pretty easy to reach the conclusion that he said the word more than once and in a racist manner. I kicked you because you are black isn't a cultural misunderstanding, that's racism and don't drag out any shite about PC brigade.

Liverpool are clearly being managed by someone with the intellect of a can of special brew. He looks like he's been on it as well.

You lost me there...

I clearly hadn't read enough of it anyway. That evidence does appear to be incriminating.

Suarez has been punished and he has apologised. Again I don't disagree that he deserved a punishment.

Think what you will of Kenny but he was clear in his conference yesterday. If he says the full facts have not (and cannot) be released then who are any of us to decide if he's lying? It's not Kenny or Liverpool that kept going on about it yesterday. It was all the journos trying to prize quotes out of him.

If he's found guilty in a criminal court then surely the FA will have the come down very harshly on him.  There will be calls for him never to wear the England shirt again and for an extremely lengthy ban.

If he's found guilty in a criminal court then surely the FA will have the come down very harshly on him.  There will be calls for him never to wear the England shirt again and for an extremely lengthy ban.

In that case he'll probably be found innocent in court.

Video showing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra using a similar n-word to the one at the centre of his racism case against Luis Suarez has emerged.

The footage is from a Canal+ documentary Le Periple Rouge about his former club Monaco's march to the 2004 Champions League final.

Evra appears making a foul-mouthed rant in his hotel room before the semi-final against Chelsea.

Just because there hasn't been a public one doesn't mean there hasn't been one. As Kenny said umpteen times in the press conference that I saw yesterday there's a lot of what went on that simply isn't public. I'm one of the very few who follow Liverpool that don't think Kenny is the man to have in charge long term but personally I thought he handled that press conference brilliantly despite all the arsehole reporters asking their shit stirring questions. I've been strongly against racism for as long as I can remember. Ask anyone who knows me. I've thought about this a lot and if Suarez had called Evra a nigger or a black cunt or something like that the guy would have lost any backing from me but unlike most who've witnessed this case from the outside (which is everyone except Suarez, Evra and the people involved with the hearing) I understand that cultural differences can be huge and the reason I will continue to back Suarez is that I genuinely believe there was no real harm meant.

Liverpool are not appealing. That should be it.

I know him and he's definitely racist. Hates the Dutch especially, but many other minorities. Has been a lifelong Tory, but recently switched to the BNP. Here's his photo:

kkk2.jpg