Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Cadger coming home ?

Anderson eager to stay another year at Aberdeen FC

Count me in, says skipper Russell

By Sean Wallace

Published: 04/01/2013

SKIPPER Russell Anderson today revealed he wants to sign a new deal with Aberdeen FC for another year.

The defender, 34, is out of contract at the end of the season.

When Anderson returned to Pittodrie last January he was recovering from hamstring surgery.

Anderson claimed he would rip up his Aberdeen FC deal if he did not return to fitness. But after more than 20 starts this season he is ready to sign on again.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andreson has been below par for a while now and even admitted as much in United match programme. He is clearly struggling with the heavier pitches and number of games. Hopefully break will allow him to recover but not sure that I would be rushing to renew his contract. Might be better to use his wage to get in some one younger.

Happily see him sign another deal.  Certainly wasn't meant to be playing as much as he has so i'm not surprised he has looked knackered the past few weeks.  His leadership qualities are something that cannot be underestimated.  I think we all know that he would never take the club for a ride and only sign if he felt he had something to give.