Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen ranks above Hong Kong in world’s top cities

Kowalski

Aberdeen ranks above Hong Kong in world’s top cities

By Catriona Webster

Published: 29/11/2011

Aberdeen was number 54 out of 221 in the global survey.

ABERDEEN has been rated one of the world’s top cities to live in for the second year in a row, a survey published today reveals.

Quality of life in the Granite City is ranked above that of Hong Kong, Los Angeles, Houston and Dubai in the study, which is used by governments and multinational firms to help decide where to send staff.

London and Birmingham are the only British cities to top Aberdeen in the index, which grades places on factors including crime, hospital and school services, transport, leisure and climate.

GS you are correct. It fucking grinds my gears no end hearing locals constantly whinge about the fucking weather. The north-east has the best weather in Britain and is by no means the coldest place.

Every time there's a spot of rain a'body on Facebook gives it "FFS sake Aberdeen and it's shite weather! *angerz*" but nobody commended Aberdeen for it's fine weather on bon fire night when thousands of potential whingers headed for the beach. The weather was lovely that night.

Perhaps it's nae on a par with Spain but it's the closest you'll get in the UK.

However the survey lost all credibility when Brum was placed above Aberdeen. That's nae a nice place like. Was pishing of rain too. As it was also when I was in London a couple of months ago. It came as quite a shock because the moaning I constantly hear convinced me that Aberdeen was the only place it ever rains on earth.

Who gives a fuck if they covered it or not? Ye trying to tell me they papers never print any feel good stories about their city? Just cause you wish every story was a fuckin negative moanin cunt fuckin glass half empty story - Wise up ye dour faced mong  :-*

We like oor wee lifestyle surveys in the paper up in Aberdeen - helps with oor superiority complex.

Its the lack of sarcasm in the reporting that gets me.

This story ranks up there with hearts bragging about their 2 tennants 6s titles

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...