Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Declan McManus - u19s

MANAGER Craig Brown today admitted he is considering giving Declan McManus a chance in the Aberdeen FC first team.

With most of Brown’s experienced strikers drawing a blank, the teen hot-shot – who has netted 13 goals for the U19s – may get his big break.

Scott Vernon, who has five goals, is the only Aberdeen FC centre-forward to score in the SPL. Rory Fallon, Darren Mackie, Josh Magennis and Mohamed Chalali have all failed to net on league duty this season.

Fallon and Chalali will get goals. They just need a run in the first team. Fallon has been close on a few occasions.

From my limited (highlights and tv games) i've been more impressed w/ Fallon than I thought I would be. Chalali will probably need a bit of time. I don't see why we shouldn't give this young kid a chance though. Get rid of Mackie and Magennis.

But prolific strikers cost money. We hinna got any. That's why we signed Fallon and Chalali.

Whose wages are now available that weren't available back in August when we were telt there was no budget left?

Not a clue.

Maybe board are going to use the fund they have for canning the manager to sign additional players instead this year.

Not seen Chalali or Fallon im afraid to say. From what i hear Fallon seems to be good at creating chances for other players in and around the box? He seems a useful player to have in the squad. Could Chalali be effective on the wing?

I'd agree with that. He's good in the air and has come very close to scoring on a few occasions. He's maybe "shite" by football standards but not so much by Aberdeen standards IMO my opinion. The only thing I don't like about him is his laziness.

The only thing I don't like about him is his laziness.

Only game I've seen Fallon so far was the Rangers game, and he was a lazy c**t.

I can't judge him too much on one game against top of the league, but in the position we are in we definitely can't afford a passenger.